Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621938 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #240 on: January 12, 2011, 07:41:27 pm »

I've gotten to the site of a megabeast cave, and my directional indicator says ***. Unfortunately, it says that as long as I'm in the (pretty wide) general area and I have no way of telling where the entrance is. How can I find out?

I'm pretty sure that *** means that you're standing at the exact location of the entrance, not just standing on the same map tile.  Try going down a z-level to see if there's a cave in the hillside below you.

Nope, the area is completely flat (no hills etc) and there's a certain square about the size of a map tile which is the area of the cave entrance (supposedly) that I can't fast travel out of. *** is there no matter where I am in the tile, unlike other places. I looked up and down a Z-level throughout the entire area but the only interesting thing was a pool of water without nothing else around or in it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:43:10 pm by freeformschooler »

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 12, 2011, 07:43:41 pm »

I've gotten to the site of a megabeast cave, and my directional indicator says ***. Unfortunately, it says that as long as I'm in the (pretty wide) general area and I have no way of telling where the entrance is. How can I find out?

I'm pretty sure that *** means that you're standing at the exact location of the entrance, not just standing on the same map tile.  Try going down a z-level to see if there's a cave in the hillside below you.

Nope, the area is completely flat (no hills etc) and there's a certain square about the size of a map tile which is the area of the cave entrance (supposedly) that I can't fast travel out of. I looked up and down a Z-level throughout the entire area but the only interesting thing was a pool of water without nothing else around or in it.

Hmm...are you sure there aren't any (down arrow) or (cent sign, c with a line through it) symbols in the area?  That's weird, I've never run into any caves that I couldn't find by just following the compass.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 12, 2011, 07:45:25 pm »

Hmm...are you sure there aren't any (down arrow) or (cent sign, c with a line through it) symbols in the area?  That's weird, I've never run into any caves that I couldn't find by just following the compass.

That's what I've been looking for. Normally I can get to those exact locations by following the compass, but I haven't seen them yet. I guess I'll just give up and try somewhere else.

Yuzuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 12, 2011, 07:53:16 pm »

I just found when I grab a bow with my left hand and some arrows with the right hand , then I [T]hrow those arrows out ,it only improves the thrower and archer skills , It doesn't affect bowman skill .why ? maybe I should put these arrows in a quiver ?

( Genesis Mod installed )

modified : I tested , a quiver still doesn't work .   :(
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:16:30 pm by Yuzuke »

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 12, 2011, 08:37:07 pm »

I just found when I grab a bow with my left hand and some arrows with the right hand , then I [T]hrow those arrows out ,it only improves the thrower and archer skills , It doesn't affect bowman skill .why ? maybe I should put these arrows in a quiver ?

( Genesis Mod installed )

modified : I tested , a quiver still doesn't work .   :(

You need to [f]ire the bow to actually use it to shoot arrows.  It's pretty much useless, since I think that throwing gives you the same level of damage and it doesn't have a long reload time.

Yuzuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 12, 2011, 08:50:44 pm »

geez...
I thought a handy bow should increase some damage than just throw an arrow like dart anyway ....  :(

Interesting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 12, 2011, 10:24:12 pm »

Where is the file I can check to see wich skills increase wich attributes in adventure mode?

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 12, 2011, 10:53:22 pm »

Can adventurers use workshops?

And are adventurer reactions available for all adventurers regardless of civilization?

No. All implemented and planned crafting involves doing things in the open. I don't think you can even mod the game to let an adventurer use a workshop.

For the second question, as far as I can tell, yes.

If you mean a lair, those things are pretty small. Just look around the sides of any mound you find for entrance-ways and any open areas for hatches or single-tile downward slopes.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 12, 2011, 11:34:43 pm »

Where is the file I can check to see wich skills increase wich attributes in adventure mode?

Check the wiki here.  It has a full list at the bottom, but it's pretty badly formatted ATM so you should probably use ctrl-f to get what you're looking for.

Interesting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 13, 2011, 01:10:46 am »

Check the wiki here.  It has a full list at the bottom, but it's pretty badly formatted ATM so you should probably use ctrl-f to get what you're looking for.

Thats useless.

I want a RAW FILE OF THE NUMBERS. Wiki is a piece of shit regarding that.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 13, 2011, 01:07:50 pm »

Thats useless.

I want a RAW FILE OF THE NUMBERS. Wiki is a piece of shit regarding that.

OK.  Do it yourself.  Start adventurers, train them, and record exactly how much your skills rise.  Share the data, and then light everything on fire to change it from SCIENCE to !!SCIENCE!!.

Yuzuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 13, 2011, 08:02:29 pm »

The Boss's yelling really annoying me when I enter/exit their territory or their sight.
Even when I sneaking around keep shotting arrows to a them ,they still keep on yelling over and over again like I was deaf .
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 08:06:21 pm by Yuzuke »

Autunite

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 13, 2011, 10:46:09 pm »

Really newbish question but when I start one game lets say dwarf fortress when I try to play a different game mode it just goes straight to the load for screen how do I make it so I can play dwarf fortress and then switch to Legends or Adventure mode later?

Avarage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 13, 2011, 10:51:13 pm »

I've noticed that since the update, whenever I go to a Dark Tower to kill play with the goblins, I can go to the exact spot that the HUD directs me to, but I can never find a tower or any goblins. Are they bugged?

Edit: Upon skimming up the thread a little bit, it seems quite a few people are having similar problems with the compass.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 10:53:51 pm by Avarage »

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 13, 2011, 11:09:09 pm »

I've noticed that since the update, whenever I go to a Dark Tower to kill play with the goblins, I can go to the exact spot that the HUD directs me to, but I can never find a tower or any goblins. Are they bugged?

Edit: Upon skimming up the thread a little bit, it seems quite a few people are having similar problems with the compass.
Goblin/Elf/Dwarf civ areas don't currently exist in adventure mode.  They exist in legends mode, but only as something to affect history.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 327