Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621929 times)

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2011, 11:19:57 pm »

Really newbish question but when I start one game lets say dwarf fortress when I try to play a different game mode it just goes straight to the load for screen how do I make it so I can play dwarf fortress and then switch to Legends or Adventure mode later?

You can only play one game per region, though you can retire an adventurer then take them out of retirement or abandon a fort then reclaim it. Or make a copy of the region, though obviously things can't affect each other from that point.

^I think they can also send caravans and have members launch ambushes.

Also, the compass isn't bugged, it just isn't always useful because all it points to is the center or entrance of a site.

Avarage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2011, 11:29:01 pm »

That's a bummer that dark towers are gone. Until they're re-implemented, I'll deeply cherish my memories of slaughtering dozens of goblins. :(

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 13, 2011, 11:31:25 pm »

That's a bummer that dark towers are gone. Until they're re-implemented, I'll deeply cherish my memories of slaughtering dozens of goblins. :(

And I never get a chance to in the first place. My first worlds always had all the goblins displaced by humans, which included my adventurers themselves, so they never ambushed either.

Yuzuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 14, 2011, 12:01:57 am »

I finish my trading ,and there's an idiot sitting on that very table ! I couldn't get my money ! so I sleep untill dawn ,That man's no longer there and my money's gone !
Help !
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 12:05:33 am by Yuzuke »

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 14, 2011, 12:17:40 am »

I finish my trading ,and there's an idiot sitting on that very table ! I couldn't get my money ! so I sleep untill dawn ,That man's no longer there and my money's gone !
Help !

Multiple units can stand in the same tile, but only one can stand up. If someone else is standing on a tile you need to go on, just hit [ s ] to get on the ground and be able to move into it, just remember to stand back up once you can, especially before fighting, because doing so seriously slows you down.

As for the money, either it was scattered around the area (in which case it should be on the same tile of the quick-travel map) or leaving it unattended let someone else take it. Probably the first one.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 02:24:09 pm by Knigel »

Yuzuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 14, 2011, 12:45:45 am »

just hit to get on the ground and be able to move into it

It works :)

Yuzuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 14, 2011, 01:04:14 am »

1,Can i travel to another land ?

2, when i use knives or kryses or sabres , It only affect armor user skill ,the rest remains the same , Is that a Bug ?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3,Does a MOUSE have other functions in game except zoom-in/out the graphic ?

what those " puzzlebox " for ? Seems it can only be sold to a merchant .
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 11:03:45 am by Yuzuke »

Avarage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 14, 2011, 11:18:09 am »

1,Can i travel to another land ?

2, when i use knives or kryses or sabres , It only affect armor user skill ,the rest remains the same , Is that a Bug ?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3,Does a MOUSE have other functions in game except zoom-in/out the graphic ?

what those " puzzlebox " for ? Seems it can only be sold to a merchant .
1. What do you mean by another land? You can travel anywhere in your world that you can get to. If you mean can you travel to other people's worlds with your adventurer, then yes it's possible, but they have to give you a copy of their save.

3. The mouse doesn't have too many uses in adventure mode. You can turn the sound up and down by clicking on different levels. It can be used to mark things for construction and dumping and the like in fortress mode.

And yes, puzzleboxes are trade goods. It's a type of toy, I believe. They have no use but to trade.

Yuzuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2011, 11:47:03 am »

What do you mean by another land?
I mean ..cross the ocean , Or I just stuck in this island where i was "born".

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2011, 11:50:30 am »

^Yes, you can in theory cross the ocean by swimming, but you'll need an adventure that's a really good swimmer that can cross it before getting exhausted, the patience of a saint because it will take literally hours in real time, and a really good computer because processing so much water at once can easily cause a game to crash.

Yuzuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2011, 11:59:30 am »

Time to practice swimming !!  :)

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2011, 02:11:44 pm »

Find a cave that leads to the caverns and cross the ocean underground  ;D

Uroyoan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2011, 05:30:04 pm »

hey guys im new but I got some questions that I count find in the wiki.
Im currently using the lazy newb pack.

1. the knapping skill
when i use it it shows like sharp, -sharp- and +sharp+ I was wondering does this mean that a -sharp- is sharper(causes more dammage) than a sharp? and if so whats the order from best 2 worst sharpness?

2. money
I got tons of money in this game and they take a couple of pages so I was wondering, if you can unite that money? because I got lets say
20 gold coins and 20 cooper and 10 gold coins and 5 cooper in the screen. is there eny way i can unite the 20 gold coins with the 10 gold coins and same with cooper? so this way i dount get my inventory full of money that cant be united.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 14, 2011, 05:33:45 pm »

1)I think it's - - then + + and goes up. Those are quality modifiers, so yeah, they do more damage.

2) There's no way to stack money at the moment, but one civilisations money is worthless in another civilization, so you're better buying gems and such for trade. There is a trick to cause money to stack, but I can't remember.
*Hugs*

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 14, 2011, 06:11:46 pm »

Find a cave that leads to the caverns and cross the ocean underground  ;D

Yeah, I recommend this method. The trick is finding a cave back up on the other side.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 327