Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621940 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #345 on: February 02, 2011, 04:04:56 pm »

You need one in each hand or a pile on the ground. Piles will only occur if you drop the stone in an area different to the one you collected it in
*Hugs*

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 05, 2011, 12:45:45 am »

How do I loot coffers/bags of the bandits I killed. Also, where can I get steel and better weapons, apart from making it from my own fortress?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 05, 2011, 12:54:07 am »

How do I loot coffers/bags of the bandits I killed.\ [ g ] if from the ground. They're not built.

Also, where can I get steel and better weapons, apart from making it from my own fortress?
Buy them at shops (yellow-looking hamlets on the map) or take them off your enemies ([ g ] them off the ground)
in bold above. hope it helped!
also: press Shift-? for ingame help in all modes.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

eepkeep

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Yawner
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 05, 2011, 09:36:37 am »

Is there currently any way to treat infections?
Eepkeep cancels Build signature: Needs creativity

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 05, 2011, 09:41:17 am »

Adventure mode? No.
Amputation (Read:Enemy lucky shot) may work.
*Hugs*

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 05, 2011, 12:23:47 pm »

How do I loot coffers/bags of the bandits I killed.\ [ g ] if from the ground. They're not built.

Also, where can I get steel and better weapons, apart from making it from my own fortress?
Buy them at shops (yellow-looking hamlets on the map) or take them off your enemies ([ g ] them off the ground)
in bold above. hope it helped!
also: press Shift-? for ingame help in all modes.

But while shops can give you some quality weapons (I don't believe you'll ever find masterful goods, and even exceptional is extremely rare) and some really strong bandits will have quality weapons, you're not going to find steel anywhere except on ambushing dwarves.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 06, 2011, 01:23:04 am »

If you're in a cavern layers one does anyone have any tips on how to either go back up to the cave entrance you came from or down to cavern layer two?

For some reason there isn't shit here but some giant cave spider webs (my adventurer was even completely undisturbed for 8 hours of sleeping), so it's pretty boring here.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 06, 2011, 02:37:56 am »

If you're in a cavern layers one does anyone have any tips on how to either go back up to the cave entrance you came from or down to cavern layer two?

For some reason there isn't shit here but some giant cave spider webs (my adventurer was even completely undisturbed for 8 hours of sleeping), so it's pretty boring here.

Up - use the Q menu to find out roughly where you are.
If you have an exported map of your world (a pic can create at the end of worldgen or in legends mode), and you had "show caves" on in the worldgen, then use it to figure out where the closest cave is. (The only ones showing on that map will be ones that went down to the caverns, I think)

You can use these two resources to figure out where the closest cave access should be, and then get there.

Bonus tip: if you do get deeper, don't go anywhere near the gas bag things. Floaties. Them. Don't touch 'em. Early last year Toady had H1N1. If you get anywhere near the floaties, your adventurer will know Toady Of Last Year's pain.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 06, 2011, 02:59:42 am »

Up - use the Q menu to find out roughly where you are.
If you have an exported map of your world (a pic can create at the end of worldgen or in legends mode), and you had "show caves" on in the worldgen, then use it to figure out where the closest cave is. (The only ones showing on that map will be ones that went down to the caverns, I think)

You can use these two resources to figure out where the closest cave access should be, and then get there.

Bonus tip: if you do get deeper, don't go anywhere near the gas bag things. Floaties. Them. Don't touch 'em. Early last year Toady had H1N1. If you get anywhere near the floaties, your adventurer will know Toady Of Last Year's pain.

No, I've already found the cave (using the "show caves" option), gone in, and worked my way down to cavern level one. I'm asking for advice in navigating the thing: I can't get any lower than a certain point, which I think it on the same z-level as these couple of pools I've found.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 06, 2011, 04:54:06 am »

Sorry. was trying to give advice on the "getting out" part.

Any time you discover a way to go down lower than your current cavern level, you'll get a message, even if the way down isn't readily apparent and you have to hunt around a bit for it.

The only advice I can give for getting lower other than "picking a direction and zig-zagging", is to cheat and mod in flying, at least for a bit. It lets you go down the steep drops and "you have found a deep hole" type situations where you can see the way down but it'll kill you.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 06, 2011, 01:55:08 pm »

Are there any utility programs I can use to see anywhere in the world and thus where I need to go?

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 06, 2011, 01:57:34 pm »

Press Q and then z to see where you need to go.
Also you can use m to view the map.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 06, 2011, 02:04:09 pm »

Press Q and then z to see where you need to go.
Also you can use m to view the map.

No, not to a mission, I meant a utility that can give a detailed view of the interior of a site, in this case a cavern.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 06, 2011, 02:07:27 pm »

reveal might work...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 06, 2011, 02:18:22 pm »

reveal might work...

Reveal and the DFHack reveal option only seem to work in Fortress Mode.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 327