Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621812 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #495 on: July 31, 2011, 06:19:27 am »

I don't believe you can physically move objects in the game world. The only way I know of is if it's an enemy and you charge them hard enough to knock them a square away. :-\ If you mean the attack 'push' then you have to get injured so badly (such as a broken upper spine) that you can't attack with anything, and when you move into an enemy it says pushes instead of punches, stabs, etc.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lycus

• Bay Watcher
  • Death is just another form of winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 31, 2011, 06:24:46 am »

Thanks for the answer, I was just confused because I've heard people say they 'pushed' enemies off towers, into murky pools etc.

So without ruining my character, the only way to achieve this is to hope for a good charge?
Whilst I may not be the most successful Adventurer, I have a lot of fun dying.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 31, 2011, 06:33:45 am »

That's pretty much it, yeah. ^^; If you've modded in a Bronze Colossus to be playable, or some other giant powerful race, you can grab enemies (shift+a, enter, [letter corresponding to enemy], select a free hand, then a body part) and throw them (same sequence of buttons, select the grappling hand, select throw from menu) if they're standing up. I've flung people halfway across the screen before that way as a slate gray demon. They probably would've went further if a tree hadn't stopped them. :3

I figure people are going to ask, so I'm going to quote jaxy15 here, who posted how to play as demons earlier in the 'What's going on in your adventure?' thread.

How the circus did you start as a demon!
Put this in the bottom of entity_default:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Viola, instant 20 demons available to play.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And if you want to play as a Bronze Colossus, just add this to the bottom of the default_entity entry in your raws folder:

[ENTITY:BRONZE]
   [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
   [CREATURE:COLOSSUS_BRONZE]
   [TRANSLATION:HUMAN]
   [ADVENTURE_TIER:4]
   [MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:0]
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lycus

• Bay Watcher
  • Death is just another form of winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 31, 2011, 06:41:07 am »

Wow SC, you are by far the most helpful and epic person ever. Just, y'know, you rock.

Sorry to be 'that guy', but I have one more question. How do I use breath attacks? I'm playing as a Salamander in the Genesis mod which I know can breathe fire, but I have no idea how to do it...
Whilst I may not be the most successful Adventurer, I have a lot of fun dying.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 31, 2011, 06:41:59 am »

Unfortunately you can't use breath attacks as an adventurer.
*Hugs*

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 31, 2011, 06:44:44 am »

That's true, unfortunately. But if you are playing as a race with a stinger that uses poison, you should be able to select the stinger from the aimed attack list (shift+a, [letter corresponding to enemy], select a body part, then what to attack it with) and the poison will work. Admittedly not all poisons are immediately useful since they tend to kill over time, but I'll take what I can get. And my current adventurer's stinger is apparently sharper than steel since it tends to sever anything I hit with it. ;D

Edit: Also, thanks for the thanks. ^^ Really though, jaxy15's the cool guy who figured out about the demons, and I read about modding BCs so long ago I don't even remember who originally did that. I'm just sharing the wealth. :3
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:51:46 am by SeriousConcentrate »

sgt0pimienta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 31, 2011, 02:03:26 pm »

when i was a n00b (two hours ago,i started playing adv yesterday) constantly mauled by boogeymen,actually im using sound sense mod from the lazy newb pack,and their noises...their growls and moans...i almost get a heart attack everytime they get me
By:
Bdthemag

Great, now thanks to Bay12 im going to go out and buy an old journal just to write occult information in it and pretend to be insane.[quote

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 31, 2011, 03:42:52 pm »

Wow SC, you are by far the most helpful and epic person ever. Just, y'know, you rock.

Sorry to be 'that guy', but I have one more question. How do I use breath attacks? I'm playing as a Salamander in the Genesis mod which I know can breathe fire, but I have no idea how to do it...

You don't.

onarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 31, 2011, 04:34:24 pm »

I have a question about armor, currently my guy is wearing 2 iron mail shirts, one bronze breastplate and a couple of cloaks, I fought some bogeymen recently and one of them was able to punch me in the stomach and it only said it went through one of the cloaks, does wearing more then one piece of upper body armor cancels all except for the one you put on last or something like that?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:36:04 pm by onarum »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 31, 2011, 09:26:58 pm »

I have a question about armor, currently my guy is wearing 2 iron mail shirts, one bronze breastplate and a couple of cloaks, I fought some bogeymen recently and one of them was able to punch me in the stomach and it only said it went through one of the cloaks, does wearing more then one piece of upper body armor cancels all except for the one you put on last or something like that?

No, it's just that it only says that it breaks through the upper layer. All the armor works.

onarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 31, 2011, 10:55:26 pm »

No, it's just that it only says that it breaks through the upper layer. All the armor works.

thanks for clearing that up.

General01

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 01, 2011, 09:48:53 am »

Is there some weight/armour threshold at which you can't swim successfully anymore? Playing as a human, i've never had problems with jumping into pools and swimming, but now I've done the same and it says that i'm drowning. I've suffered no additional injuries, and I can't use ALT-direction to get out. My adventurer -is- tired, from strangling a horse: Perhaps that's what's stopping him from swimming?
Does anyone have a better idea of how swimming actually works? :3

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 01, 2011, 09:53:37 am »

What's your swimming skill?
You need at least 2 levels in swimming before you can jump in to water with no effect IIRC
*Hugs*

General01

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 01, 2011, 10:03:53 am »

Well, I just drowned, so I can't really check - but I raised swimming by one level at the game's start and gained another level while swimming around. I'd actually jumped into that exact same pool several times before, even wearing the same equipment. I wonder what changed...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 01, 2011, 10:07:23 am »

Had you been jumping into the air above the pool or into the pool itself?
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 327