Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621837 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #600 on: February 12, 2012, 03:31:22 pm »

Drop the items you have in your hands.
*Hugs*

Ascimator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 12, 2012, 10:12:55 pm »

Goblins are dwarf/elf size IIRC.
Well, their armor seems to be rarer than humansized.
There is a finely-engraved image of Ascimator on the wall. Ascimator is slapping himself in the face. The artwork relates to the loss of the only anvil in Perplextombs in the late winter of 6.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 13, 2012, 07:26:19 am »

start a fort and make a crapload of masterwork steel armor. abandon. Come back as adventurer. Hey, look what I found!
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 13, 2012, 07:30:36 am »

Wow, I've been on the forums for a long time, and only now do I see this thread  :D

Ok, one more question. I chose to start as an outsider. I couldnt pick anything up because I didnt have a bag and when I tried picking up a bag, it still didnt work. What do I do?
You need a backpack to pick up anything if you have both hands full, like what The Merchant of Menace said. Drop whatever you're holding, then stuff any extra items in that bag.

Find a backpack.

armandhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 13, 2012, 11:10:58 am »

Will the new release allow infected wounds to heal?? By washing them in booze maybe :p

celebrinborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 14, 2012, 05:52:24 pm »

Will old texture maps work on the new version of DF?
TKS

VonCede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 21, 2012, 11:23:29 am »

How can I throw items on the enemies that are lying on ground?
Have you tried Wiki or google it?

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 21, 2012, 11:43:13 am »

I'm pretty sure this is a new bug, you used to be able to.  I have experienced this myself.

Grolleter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 22, 2012, 09:31:58 pm »

My dwarf lost a foot. Considering that he got ambushed by three alligators while traveling alone through the wilderness (stabbed one through the heart on his first attack, then managed to scare the other two off after a while), I think he got off pretty easy, but it's still bound to be a pretty big handicap.

Do I have any options for him other than crawl around all the time, get a crutch, or retire? In particular, is there any way to regrow the foot? Or if I had thought to pick up the foot after driving off the alligators, would there have been any way to reattach it?

If I decide to get a crutch, where would I most likely be able to obtain one? And how much worse off am I using a crutch as compared to when all my limbs were still attached?

celebrinborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 23, 2012, 01:33:39 am »

I don't know if this has been changed, but according to the wiki for the previous version of DF, you can't get your foot back without some modding. In the current version, I've seen crutches in stores (I think it was a general store but I have no idea). As to how much worse off you will be, according to the wiki for the older version, you shouldn't be at THAT much of a disadvantage after you get your crutch walking skill up high enough. If you would like, I can make you an autohotkey program that will just make you walk back and forth a number of times thus allowing you to level up your crutch walking skill (I use it to level up my ambusher skill by walking back and forth in stealth mode). It is an executable that doesn't require you to install anything or needs any other stuff on your computer, just run the exe and then press 0 when you are ready for it to run (although I think it is windows only). If you are uncomfortable with running an exe from some random dude on the internet, I could alternatively send you the source code and let you compile it yourself however this would require that you to install autohotkey.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 23, 2012, 06:35:57 am »

I'm pretty sure this is a new bug, you used to be able to.  I have experienced this myself.
You missed the enemy. Lying prone decreases hit chance for the adventurer (on the enemies) when attacking using a ranged or thrown weapon. Dependant on the skill.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 23, 2012, 06:39:31 am »

My dwarf lost a foot. Considering that he got ambushed by three alligators while traveling alone through the wilderness (stabbed one through the heart on his first attack, then managed to scare the other two off after a while), I think he got off pretty easy, but it's still bound to be a pretty big handicap.

Do I have any options for him other than crawl around all the time, get a crutch, or retire? In particular, is there any way to regrow the foot? Or if I had thought to pick up the foot after driving off the alligators, would there have been any way to reattach it?

If I decide to get a crutch, where would I most likely be able to obtain one? And how much worse off am I using a crutch as compared to when all my limbs were still attached?

You can get foot back by becoming werecreature and turning into one. When you turn back to normal, all your wounds have been regenated.

jayokay

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 23, 2012, 08:24:42 am »

Where can I find a backpack?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 23, 2012, 08:31:39 am »

You cannot regain the foot, badly enough (except if you become a werebeast and transform, everything will grow back).

If you are a legendary +5 crutch walker, you actually walk faster then a normal person!
the best place you can try is a general goods store, or just dungeons, fortresses or keeps.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 23, 2012, 01:42:20 pm »

I have an Iron Battleaxe and an -Iron Great Axe-.  I don't want to multigrasp because I feel like my shield is too valuable - so which of the two would be better to use one handed?  So far they've both been performing pretty well so I can't tell, if someone could tell me what the difference between them is that would be great.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 327