Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 622003 times)

Lexyvil

• Bay Watcher
  • Serenading the folk.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #660 on: February 26, 2012, 12:10:00 am »

One question, why can't I find Dwarves when they're indicated in mountainous regions? The directions shows (***) upon arriving near them. I'll appreciate an answer if anyone knows~

to expand the answer a bit, while the settlements are supposed to be there, they don't actually show in adventure mode, only on the map, same with any other civ except for humans. You can change the entity raws so their prefered home is city instead of whatever they have (mountainhome, tree-city, dark fortress) and they'll build cities in world gen just like humans

Does that mean elves and dwarves might have their own variety of home structures in future updates?
My post ends here.

BitWizeR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 26, 2012, 03:51:22 am »

I've been trying to spread vampirism for a while now. Has anyone figured out a way to do it? I assume I need to get people to drink vampire blood (probably my own). Is there a way I can infect a city well and turn the entire populace into vampires?

usgreth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 26, 2012, 09:07:07 am »

Mm, So I have my zombie necromancer wandering around crushing small towns, bandit camps, lycanthrope lairs and foolish animals (except giant sponges), he wants some other things to squish. What I want to do is find caverns/caves but I have not built a fort yet in this world so that method is out. Any hints on how to find caves/caverns when all living creatures are hostile and won't talk to me?

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 26, 2012, 09:13:04 am »

Mm, So I have my zombie necromancer wandering around crushing small towns, bandit camps, lycanthrope lairs and foolish animals (except giant sponges), he wants some other things to squish. What I want to do is find caverns/caves but I have not built a fort yet in this world so that method is out. Any hints on how to find caves/caverns when all living creatures are hostile and won't talk to me?
Dude. You DO know You can Retire in Forts, right?
I may be wrong, Ive not tested it, but go to a Necromancers Tower and "Retire".
Abandoned Human Forts work generally, when Im a baddie.

THEN start DF, make a nice Tunnel to the Caverns, and Re-Initiate as the Retiree.

Correct Me if You cant retire in Necro Towers or Abandoned Forts. Im curious now.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

usgreth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 26, 2012, 09:18:51 am »

I've not played about with restarting a retried character, I'll give that a go in a minute, there's an abandoned fort not too far away I think, so if the first experiment works I shall try that too :)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 26, 2012, 09:57:00 am »

how do you find giant sponges i wana fight one cus everyone thinks they are so powerful :|
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 26, 2012, 10:03:14 am »

How do you know if you're a vampire? I recently fought a marksdwarf who wore a human nail crown, killed it and drank it's blood. Am I now a vampire?
EDIT: Also, do vampires in Adventure Mode still have to sleep/eat/drink?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:04:53 am by Lord Allagon »
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 26, 2012, 10:14:09 am »

they have to feed, find a sleeping person or make someone/something unconscious through strangulation and hit e to suck there blood, and just cus he had one human nail crown doesn't mean he is differently a vampire, its just a high chance he is.

you will know you are one when you see the blood red "thirsty" message or get the chance to drink someone's blood.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 26, 2012, 10:21:37 am »

Oh. Thanks.  What exactly is a "high whisper"? I was walking around the keep when I found one. EDIT: And a "high hound" and a "first murk", "holy crab" and "holy garnish".
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:25:37 am by Lord Allagon »
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 26, 2012, 10:30:41 am »

they are noobs you should kill them :D

na they are really high ranking guys but some of them are likely vampires check there equipment for sentient jewelry.

Antonater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 26, 2012, 12:47:56 pm »

ok so i went to a necro tower and killed about 50 zombies repeatedly untill all that was left was a severed hand of  guy id already killed. i had full and good iron armour. the  VERY last thing i had to kill was one already mutilated severed hand of an ordinary peasant

first it scraached me in the arm making me drop my sword, then in th leg making me fall over then in the head killing me.

this was all with scratches. i had like lvl 10 dodge, sword and block.

...........-_-, what???? the only other injury id suffered in that battle was a severed head biting off my back lower tooth.....do severed parts get a hugw buff or somthing?

more importantly , how does a severed head bite off your lower back tooth!!!! i dont even want to think about that!

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 26, 2012, 01:17:55 pm »

ok so i went to a necro tower and killed about 50 zombies repeatedly untill all that was left was a severed hand of  guy id already killed. i had full and good iron armour. the  VERY last thing i had to kill was one already mutilated severed hand of an ordinary peasant

first it scraached me in the arm making me drop my sword, then in th leg making me fall over then in the head killing me.

this was all with scratches. i had like lvl 10 dodge, sword and block.

...........-_-, what???? the only other injury id suffered in that battle was a severed head biting off my back lower tooth.....do severed parts get a hugw buff or somthing?

more importantly , how does a severed head bite off your lower back tooth!!!! i dont even want to think about that!

you seen "the thing"? the head grows spider legs out of the neck where it was once connected.

also there are ALOT of bs deaths in DF just gotta learn to deal with it.

lionstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 26, 2012, 01:52:46 pm »

I've seen some grey/red forest symbols in my worlds a lot, are they the same as the pink "evil" areas and have the evil rains and dust clouds and undead?

Also if you are a necromancer do any corpses you have raised auto-attack ANY nearby living creature besides you? Do you have to make sure you have no corpses following you when you go near any friendly civ in order to make them stay friendly?

Also third question, where in the raws can you find a way to make it possible to fast-travel over mountains?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:48:55 pm by lionstar »

Antonater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 27, 2012, 03:06:03 pm »

out of interest, are severed body parts (speciffically haeds) meant to be so tough?
when im fighting severed heads every attack of there's hits and they have no problem with biting off your arm through superior iron armour. also, every aimed attack at them is at least a difficult shot, they are by far the toughest enemies ive come up against in this game. anyone know why they get such a huge buff?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 27, 2012, 05:48:47 pm »

I want to get a buff to kicking them now. I can just imagine booting a head over a mountain range.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 327