Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 620805 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1200 on: February 08, 2013, 10:50:23 am »

How do you bodyswap?

I mentioned it earlier, but to body swap you need to be using dfhack (it comes with the "lazy newb pack")

To body swap, (l)ook at the person you want to swap with, then hit (ENTER) to view that unit's details.  Then, in the dfhack window, type "adv-bodyswap" to swap bodies with a companion, or type "adv-bodyswap force" to swap bodies with an unallied unit.  I recommend switching back to your own body afterwards, though, as the game can get a bit janky after a while, especially if the unit you are in is not a historical unit.

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:INDULGE_IN_MYSTICISM:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 08, 2013, 01:52:36 pm »

I asked a stupid question. Disregard.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 05:11:55 pm by Avelon »
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Flanderbland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: February 09, 2013, 06:30:35 pm »

Went to kill a titan today, and as I got close I noticed that he seemed to be of the fire-throwing type.
No problem I thought, I figured it'd be the same as with a dragon (block the flames on a shield and close in), but there seems to be certain differences, which leads to my questions.

1. Can't you block fireball-attacks? He alternated between fire breathing / tossing fireballs, and I could only seem to block the former. Kind of annoying, first I didn't think they did anything (didn't show anything on my health status), but after a while I started melting, nearly killed me a couple of times.

2. I noticed that I couldn't get right next to him, my path was blocked one tile away for some reason (with no visible obstructions). This forced me to retreat several times (due to melting, needed to cool off and fast travel due to blood loss from it), until I finally realized I could alt-step close enough to cut him down (which was a 2-slash job, thankfully, would've melted to death otherwise). So question is, why is this? Is it something to do with titans themselves, or was it because this was a fire-guy (i.e. he was too hot to get close without careful stepping or something)?
"And Armok said to Urist: I am the alpha and the omega, the first and the last, the beer and the magma."

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 11, 2013, 08:42:15 am »

Went to kill a titan today, and as I got close I noticed that he seemed to be of the fire-throwing type.
No problem I thought, I figured it'd be the same as with a dragon (block the flames on a shield and close in), but there seems to be certain differences, which leads to my questions.

1. Can't you block fireball-attacks? He alternated between fire breathing / tossing fireballs, and I could only seem to block the former. Kind of annoying, first I didn't think they did anything (didn't show anything on my health status), but after a while I started melting, nearly killed me a couple of times.

2. I noticed that I couldn't get right next to him, my path was blocked one tile away for some reason (with no visible obstructions). This forced me to retreat several times (due to melting, needed to cool off and fast travel due to blood loss from it), until I finally realized I could alt-step close enough to cut him down (which was a 2-slash job, thankfully, would've melted to death otherwise). So question is, why is this? Is it something to do with titans themselves, or was it because this was a fire-guy (i.e. he was too hot to get close without careful stepping or something)?
1. You can but it is all dependent on shield skill and the number of shields. You could also have blocked the fire attacks, but they might have raised the local temperature enough to nearly melt you. Them's the breaks  :P

2. He was probably too hot to default step close to him. Just like by default you can't step into a roaring fire.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: February 12, 2013, 01:02:14 am »

Is there anywhere you can buy backbacks?
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: February 12, 2013, 03:04:58 am »

Is there anywhere you can buy backbacks?

Presently, you cannot buy backpacks.  Search fortresses for a chance to find one.  Quivers, waterskins, and flasks are worn and can hold smaller items until you locate a backpack, but you still need a free hand to place the item into the container.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:INDULGE_IN_MYSTICISM:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: February 12, 2013, 01:24:58 pm »

A good portion of players make a minimod to create backpacks. Some Adv mods add this natively with a much more 'fleshed out' crafting system including backpack making, but if you are having trouble finding backpacks or just don't want to be forced to search forts endlessly for them, add this to your /raws/objects/reaction_other.txt before you gen your next world:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BACKPACKAVE]
[NAME:Create backpack]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BACKPACK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:LEATHERWORK]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]

Any box or bag type container can be used, so if you grab a bag from a hamlet or a chest (warning: wooden backpacks are heavy), you'll use that to create a backpack of the same material. You can change BACKPACKAVE, 'Create backpack', and SKILL:LEATHERWORK (skill you can remove entirely) to suit your taste.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: February 12, 2013, 09:23:38 pm »

And one other question--what makes it possible to butcher things, and can you add it to animal claws?

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: February 12, 2013, 11:41:18 pm »

And one other question--what makes it possible to butcher things, and can you add it to animal claws?

Are you asking whether you can make animal claws butcherable, or are you asking if you can make animal claws usable for butchering?
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: February 12, 2013, 11:43:09 pm »

Make them useable for butchering.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: February 13, 2013, 07:18:16 am »

Quote from: GuesssWho link=topi
c=71780.msg4027289#msg4027289 date=1360730589
Make them useable for butchering.
I believe if the claw uses a [EDGE] attack it can butcher

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: February 13, 2013, 10:08:36 pm »

Doesn't seem like it.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: February 13, 2013, 10:41:36 pm »

Just a shot in the dark here, but maybe it needs the [SHARP] tag.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Gradiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: February 13, 2013, 11:00:42 pm »

How do I get quests from Leaders, such as Law-Givers? When I ask them about service, they just say that I am too weak or somthing to that effect.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: February 13, 2013, 11:08:58 pm »

Just a shot in the dark here, but maybe it needs the [SHARP] tag.

Except  the weapons used to butcher don't seem to have that.

Kill more shit until they respect you enough.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 327