Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621876 times)

Overrwatcher

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1230 on: February 16, 2013, 10:52:59 pm »

I had a quest to go kill a night creature. I headed to the area, but nothing is there except two walls with upward ramps.
I ignored the quest and got another quest, telling me to kill an outlaw. I headed to the exact area, same thing.
What am I doing wrong?

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: February 16, 2013, 11:16:52 pm »

I had a quest to go kill a night creature. I headed to the area, but nothing is there except two walls with upward ramps.
I ignored the quest and got another quest, telling me to kill an outlaw. I headed to the exact area, same thing.
What am I doing wrong?

Could you be a little more specific?  Is the target in a city, camp or lair?  Have you played adventure mode before and had no problem?  Did you wander around the target area?
Two walls with upward ramps sound like a bridge, but I assume you'd know a bridge if you saw one.  Normally targets the are easy to find, and bandits in camps are nearly unmissable.  Lairs on the other hand can be missed if you don't notice the ramp down or the doorway in a hillside, and sewer dwellers often get stuck in the walls due to a bug.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

Ass_Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: February 17, 2013, 12:19:45 am »

Is there a cap on combat skills? I've got Legendary +15 or so in fighting and rising.

twinAgkistrodon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: February 17, 2013, 02:35:33 am »

Is there any way to save drowning people/creatures?
I keep forgetting that my companions can't swim and they follow me into the water and drown.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found out that you can displace them out of it.

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: February 18, 2013, 01:31:12 pm »

Hello, Dorfs.
I wanted to add the "EDGE" attack for shaprened/knapped stones but I can't find it in the raws. Can someone give me the code, so I can add it? I'd really like to use sharpened rocks more efficiently on combat. Adding a "stab" for animal fangs would be awesome, too. Injecting a syndrome via stabbing with a rattlesnake's fang would be p awesome.
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

Mister Crabby the Pincers of Stabbing?

Snowdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: February 18, 2013, 01:44:21 pm »

How to reach the slab in the necromancer tower without being swarmed and killed. I almost made it once after baiting the zombies into leaving the tower to search for me and injured the necromancer before they came back and cornered me. So any tips to getting to the slab?

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: February 18, 2013, 06:07:06 pm »

How to reach the slab in the necromancer tower without being swarmed and killed. I almost made it once after baiting the zombies into leaving the tower to search for me and injured the necromancer before they came back and cornered me. So any tips to getting to the slab?
Easiest way hands down is to become a vampire/werecreature or anything that classifies you as undead unless you do not want to stun your stats I sugguest opening the door allow the bottom floor zombies to rush out lead them away then run back in

Socharis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: February 19, 2013, 09:41:24 pm »

Do most folks start with Hero skill levels, or Demigod?  I ask because I haven't gotten an adventurer to survive more than a couple combats.

My current plan of action usually involves:

- Go find two companions
- Get a quest
- Realize the quest is probably too hard
- See if I can get anybody to show me a lair - if not, find it myself
- Hope I can kill what's in the lair
- Consider doing something else
- Get eaten by a pack of giant dingos.

Any recommendations on ways to diversify?

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: February 19, 2013, 10:11:28 pm »

Do most folks start with Hero skill levels, or Demigod?  I ask because I haven't gotten an adventurer to survive more than a couple combats.

My current plan of action usually involves:

- Go find two companions
- Get a quest
- Realize the quest is probably too hard
- See if I can get anybody to show me a lair - if not, find it myself
- Hope I can kill what's in the lair
- Consider doing something else
- Get eaten by a pack of giant dingos.

Any recommendations on ways to diversify?
throw sand/dirt and knap until you are legendary in both that should give you enough boosting for a bit then just wrestle creatures but first make sure to disarm them literally or not 

Ass_Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: February 19, 2013, 10:21:18 pm »

Is there any way to walk over campfires? I accidently built one while in a cavern trying to grab sand and wasn't looking at what I pressed.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: February 19, 2013, 10:27:21 pm »

Is there any way to walk over campfires? I accidently built one while in a cavern trying to grab sand and wasn't looking at what I pressed.
Sadly no only way is to wait it out

slaytanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my DFFD pack
« Reply #1241 on: February 21, 2013, 05:40:51 am »

I can't seem to scroll through my inventory in Adventure mode. Does anyone else have that problem ?  I've tried plus and minus and also arrow keys. I picked up a bag with some good stuff in it and put it in my bag. so its stuff in a bag in another bag. I don't play Adventure mode much but have been trying to get more into it.
So let me get this straight....We are talking monkeys living on a dirt ball that circles a fireball ? WTF ?

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: February 21, 2013, 10:19:12 am »

I can't seem to scroll through my inventory in Adventure mode. Does anyone else have that problem ?  I've tried plus and minus and also arrow keys. I picked up a bag with some good stuff in it and put it in my bag. so its stuff in a bag in another bag. I don't play Adventure mode much but have been trying to get more into it.

To scroll through the inventory, use the "/" and "*" keys as shown at the bottom of the inventory screen.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: February 21, 2013, 12:53:59 pm »

Hello, Dorfs.
I wanted to add the "EDGE" attack for shaprened/knapped stones but I can't find it in the raws. Can someone give me the code, so I can add it? I'd really like to use sharpened rocks more efficiently on combat. Adding a "stab" for animal fangs would be awesome, too. Injecting a syndrome via stabbing with a rattlesnake's fang would be p awesome.

Has anyone a solution for this?
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

Mister Crabby the Pincers of Stabbing?

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: February 21, 2013, 04:17:33 pm »

Hello, Dorfs.

Has anyone a solution for this?

You might try the modding forum.  They know this stuff better than we do.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 327