Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 622094 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1260 on: March 04, 2013, 10:47:55 pm »

Or, If you can figure out how, give nerves a healing rate and fast travel, even if it's only for one tile.
sensory and motor nerve damage works like switch for arms and legs once you get it only shape changing can reset it.(i did removing HAS_NERVES but that only stop you getting damage)
damage to nerves tissue can be healed by normal means.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 04, 2013, 11:29:41 pm »

Is there anything you can use as a training dummy? I'm dead sick of having my demigod get killed by kobolds.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 05, 2013, 05:50:26 am »

Is there anything you can use as a training dummy? I'm dead sick of having my demigod get killed by kobolds.

Depends on what you want to train up.  Wrestling a Horseshoe Crab can level wrestling, armour, an shield block.  Remove the shield and you'll train armour faster.  Grabbing something a little bigger with a wood weapon and a shield will train those skills without killing the creature as fast (Do not try this with a Hippo!).  Knapping hundreds of stones and throwing them nowhere trains up thrower and archer.  There are other things you can do to improve performance, too.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 05, 2013, 06:23:15 am »

Does line of sight matter when stealing stuff? Because the only shopkeeper is in the other room and I could very well walk out with all the food I'll ever need.
Line of sight doesn't matter. Steal anything marked with dollar $symbols$ and everyone in the civilization will know it.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Mentalpatient87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 05, 2013, 06:45:05 am »

Does line of sight matter when stealing stuff? Because the only shopkeeper is in the other room and I could very well walk out with all the food I'll ever need.
Line of sight doesn't matter. Steal anything marked with dollar $symbols$ and everyone in the civilization will know it.

Lame sauce with red wine..
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow dwarf is either a fool or a coward. Whoever can not take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded dwarf shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 06, 2013, 03:24:06 am »

I just got my first necro-adventurer, animated a necromancers head, took it with me and the little guy is awesome!
Do corpses gain skills and kills becoming a historical figure?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 06, 2013, 06:42:14 am »

They can become historical figures, skill gain should be possible, but their attributes are locked.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: March 06, 2013, 08:05:37 am »

They can become historical figures, skill gain should be possible, but their attributes are locked.
Awesome I nicknamed him mort.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 06, 2013, 08:35:11 am »

Awesome I nicknamed him mort.
I had my own arm wrestling down a deity while I smacked him in the sace with my foot
Oh the fun you can have as a necromancer

TackyWacky

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Class-5 Fun'nados for everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: March 11, 2013, 10:18:06 pm »

I know that Drowning while Swimming increase's your stats quicker but how long does it take until you actually drown (as in You are Dead) normally. And (if possible) is the drowning clock/timer affected by Endurance/Toughness/Swimming etc... It sounds like it makes sense that a person with Superhuman Endurance takes longer to actually drown and die then someone who has Average Endurance but i dont wanna just go and drown my best Adventure run so far who is a titan slaying Legendary Axe/Wrestler man and have to grind for 5-10 hours again.

If you have the time (I don't need an answer RIGHT away) any help/feedback would be helpful.
The Spearman punches The Ostrich Cock in the head with his right hand, bruising the muscle and bruising the skull!
The Ostrich Cock has bled to death. (gamelog.txt)
...I love Dwarf Fortress...

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 11, 2013, 11:02:15 pm »

I know that Drowning while Swimming increase's your stats quicker but how long does it take until you actually drown (as in You are Dead) normally. And (if possible) is the drowning clock/timer affected by Endurance/Toughness/Swimming etc... It sounds like it makes sense that a person with Superhuman Endurance takes longer to actually drown and die then someone who has Average Endurance but i dont wanna just go and drown my best Adventure run so far who is a titan slaying Legendary Axe/Wrestler man and have to grind for 5-10 hours again.

If you have the time (I don't need an answer RIGHT away) any help/feedback would be helpful.

I'm totally sure, but I believe I read it's ten ticks 'til death.  I've never read anything indicating stats change this number.
I usually train my swimming by making marathon bay/strait crossings (while sneaking) in a tropical zone, as death by drowning is not something I want.  Be sure you don't venture into a temperate zone because there's no warning for freeze-up.  I scout my swim areas by camping on the beach by night and wrestling horseshoe crabs by day.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

TackyWacky

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Class-5 Fun'nados for everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: March 12, 2013, 12:56:17 am »

Huh. Kinda interesting that stat's dont affect how long you can stay in a drowning state when they affect so much in the game. I wonder if swimming underwater for any decent amount of time will be added at any point. And the amount of time you have under water could be determined by i dunno...Endurance perhaps? Underwater combat sounds interesting.

Anyways thanks for the feedback/info. I didn't know that Tropical zones did that. Kind of thought that it was a general sort of freeze. I should probably read the more world generation'y parts of the wiki again.
The Spearman punches The Ostrich Cock in the head with his right hand, bruising the muscle and bruising the skull!
The Ostrich Cock has bled to death. (gamelog.txt)
...I love Dwarf Fortress...

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 12, 2013, 01:37:21 am »

Huh. Kinda interesting that stat's dont affect how long you can stay in a drowning state when they affect so much in the game. I wonder if swimming underwater for any decent amount of time will be added at any point. And the amount of time you have under water could be determined by i dunno...Endurance perhaps? Underwater combat sounds interesting.

Anyways thanks for the feedback/info. I didn't know that Tropical zones did that. Kind of thought that it was a general sort of freeze. I should probably read the more world generation'y parts of the wiki again.

I'm not saying stats didn't affect drowning, I'm just saying I've never read anything saying it did/might, while I had recalled reading somewhere about the "ten ticks 'til death".  With five soul stats unimplemented in adventure mode, who knows what future releases will bring, and nobody truly knows what goes on inside the present code.  It's all being discovered using in-game testing.
So, though I'm not sure whether it was swimming speed or the swimming skill it's self (or possibly stats), Lida (master swimmer) did manage to traverse flooded sewers by swimming from floor grate to floor grate while Adventurers with lower swim skill sadly drowned.  It appeared that, while she was still drowning, she wasn't losing movement ticks while underwater in between air pockets.
Presently, I'm fortressing the snot out of a world so I can pull Lida out of retirement and gain her some decent equipment and provide some extended sites to clean up, otherwise I'd play her a bit to count drowning ticks just to verify/confirm things.

MperorM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 12, 2013, 12:22:20 pm »

My character has "lost the ability to stand" How do I get it back? it's anoying as hell having to crawl everywhere

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 12, 2013, 12:35:46 pm »

Get some crutches.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 327