Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621906 times)

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1305 on: March 31, 2013, 12:33:02 pm »

My Elite Everything Dorf is always hungry. What happened? I can't satisfy his need to eat.
Dabbling Overseer

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: March 31, 2013, 12:34:57 pm »

...Eat more. Eat 3 items, go into travel mode, move one space, go back in, eat 3 more, repeat until unhungry.

uristmcdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: March 31, 2013, 04:08:09 pm »

I dont know if somone already ask, but how do you save your adventurer besides retire. Right now i have superevil dwarf necrovampire who killed lots of innocent humans and i want to keep him alive in my world to start dwarf fortress mode. Any way to do so (using dfhack, maybe)?

Thanks

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: March 31, 2013, 04:15:18 pm »

Just retire him. You can play him again any time once you're done with fortress mode.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

uristmcdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: March 31, 2013, 04:18:36 pm »

Just retire him. You can play him again any time once you're done with fortress mode.
Forgot to mention that - my only option is to give in to starvation, wich is why im confused :(

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: March 31, 2013, 04:24:10 pm »

Ah I see. You have to be in a town to retire. I don't know if that works if everyone there hates you, but it might work.

uristmcdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: March 31, 2013, 04:31:34 pm »

Ah I see. You have to be in a town to retire. I don't know if that works if everyone there hates you, but it might work.
Checked that - wont work. Also checked to retire in necro tower, just in case - still no luck

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 01, 2013, 07:02:15 pm »

Checked that - wont work. Also checked to retire in necro tower, just in case - still no luck
If there are any forest retreats nearby you can probably retire in them unless you somehow found one of their historical figures. You can figure out where the retreats are in the 'q'uest map.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

adgriff2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 05, 2013, 08:54:00 pm »

When I'm attacking, I understand the 'tricky strike' vs 'easy strike' and the 'square' vs 'can only graze', but what is the green plus and red minus signs after that? Target's armor level?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 05, 2013, 09:04:09 pm »

That's just a general indicator of the strike quality. Basically a summary of the previous information.

adgriff2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 05, 2013, 11:20:50 pm »

Thanks! Is there any way to determine the armor worn on a particular area to help me decide if I should slash or stab?

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 05, 2013, 11:26:44 pm »

Hello adgriff2!

Simply use the 'l'ook command and then select the enemy (most of the time 'a' on the tile where he stands). This will list all his possessions including their location. I always use this to find out which hand carries the weapon, so I can unarm foes at the beginning of the fight.

Yours,
Deathworks

adgriff2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 06, 2013, 11:46:01 am »

Thanks!

adgriff2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 06, 2013, 02:27:07 pm »

Couple more questions...

1. In my research, I've found that sometimes sewer quests give me targets that are impossible to reach because there may be no entrance, or the target is a swimmer in a water filled area of the sewer. I think that's just happened to me. I've found a couple sewer entrances my looking on the travel map, but there's nothing down there but skeletons. Is there a way to get around this?

2. Is there a way to abandon quests?

3. The legend in the upper left corner: I'm not completely sure what it does... It appears to show the 9 closest... somethings? i see 2 symbols for forts, but there's a '0', a couple '=' , a triple '=', a stone blob and a '+'. Is there a legend for this stuff?

Thanks in advance!

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 06, 2013, 03:03:16 pm »

Hello adgriff2,

1. Sorry, I don't know about any solution for that issue.

2. As far as I know, there is no penalty or time limit or anything for quests. So, I think it is okay if you simply don't do the quest.

3. The upper left corner shows the nearest sites, using the same characters as you can see on the map. The '0' is a tomb, the variants of '=' are hamlets of various size (human settlements usually without any shops). I am not sure what you mean by 'stone blob', but a filled, dark grey circle would be a lair, and the '+' is a small human town (should have a few stores). If there is a cyan 'TSK' next to it, that means that one of your active quests is situated there. Otherwise the 'N', 'NE', 'E' and so on indicate the direction and the order of the list the distance.

Yours,
Deathworks
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 327