Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621949 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1350 on: April 20, 2013, 05:56:45 am »

Can an adventurer vampire die from thirst?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: April 20, 2013, 08:21:54 am »

No, but they'll become very very slow.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

KroganElite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 20, 2013, 06:58:25 pm »

I tried to visit a mountainhome in adventure mode but there is nothing there? Are they underground or something? I checked legends and it's not abandoned either, there are a lot of dwarves living there.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 20, 2013, 08:30:19 pm »

Dwarven, elven and goblin sites aren't visible in adventurer mode yet. You'll be able to visit them in the next release.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

HerbertWest

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 21, 2013, 06:19:17 pm »

Sometimes during large battles, my combat log fills the screen and says [MORE] at the bottom. I can't move unless I save, close the game, then reopen it. Is there a faster way to "unlock" the game when I get flooded like this?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 21, 2013, 06:32:46 pm »

First of all, your username wins.

Second of all, when that happens to me, I find that if I keep pressing Enter it works out. Sometimes you have to go through several pages.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HerbertWest

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: April 21, 2013, 07:35:22 pm »

Thanks for the compliment and tip! I'll give it a shot next time it happens.

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 21, 2013, 10:04:31 pm »

So I noticed crossbows have some sort of 'reloading' time that freezes you in place for an absurd amount of time. I grinded up to legendary archer by throwing dirt, but I only managed to get off two shots on a hammer-bandit before he killed my companion and myself.

Is there any way to make a marksdwarf character work, or are you better off throwing the bolts instead?

zzedar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 22, 2013, 12:15:39 am »

So I noticed crossbows have some sort of 'reloading' time that freezes you in place for an absurd amount of time. I grinded up to legendary archer by throwing dirt, but I only managed to get off two shots on a hammer-bandit before he killed my companion and myself.

Is there any way to make a marksdwarf character work, or are you better off throwing the bolts instead?
Archer skill has no effect on reloading time, it just decreases likelihood that enemies will dodge. However, increasing crossbow skill does decrease reloading time. You have to train up the skill of the weapon, not general archer skill. (I think that bows reload faster than crossbows, but I wouldn't swear to that).
kingubu cancels Efficiency: Taken by mood
Project Whalegun is a go. Load the whale cannon!

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 22, 2013, 12:24:28 am »

Archer skill has no effect on reloading time, it just decreases likelihood that enemies will dodge. However, increasing crossbow skill does decrease reloading time. You have to train up the skill of the weapon, not general archer skill. (I think that bows reload faster than crossbows, but I wouldn't swear to that).

I suspected as much, but wasn't sure if crossbow skill made reloading faster or if it was hard-coded somehow. Speaking of which, it is hard-coded right? you can't mod them to shoot faster?

Something occurred to me to look for exploity ways to level this and I just tested this out. You can shoot the crossbow straight into the air, target the z-level immediately above you and your bolts will land at your feet perfectly intact. So you can grind your crossbow skill up by shooting it into the air and picking up the bolts, rinse and repeat.

I suppose I could figure out how much faster legendary crossbows shoot myself them.

zzedar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: April 22, 2013, 02:24:12 am »

It's modified by agility, like all other speeds.

Zyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: April 22, 2013, 07:01:38 pm »

Not sure if this should go in modding, I've heard of advfort, but I can't actually find it or use it in dfhack, and using mode screws up the game until I switch back to adventurer. Is it under a different name or something?

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #1362 on: April 22, 2013, 07:53:56 pm »

How do you shoot or throw straight up into the air? Is it possible to look at the z-level above and below you?
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 22, 2013, 08:26:57 pm »

How do you shoot or throw straight up into the air? Is it possible to look at the z-level above and below you?

<, >

zzedar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 23, 2013, 01:34:10 am »

Is there any utility that will show me the exact numbers for my adventurer's attributes? Like Dwarf Therapist, but for adventurer mode?
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 327