Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621908 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3045 on: December 05, 2015, 09:21:57 pm »

What effects does alcohol have in Adventure mode? How does it change the gameplay?
It makes you nauseous and can possibly kill you by damaging your lungs.
Wait, what?
I don't recall alcohol directly damaging one's lungs. I thought it was the liver that was harmed.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: December 05, 2015, 09:23:54 pm »

It's a derpy way to simulate choking on your own vomit. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

BobJoga

• Bay Watcher
  • Hot dog never changes
    • View Profile
How do i make a PERFECT character?
« Reply #3047 on: December 05, 2015, 10:40:54 pm »

So,i wanted to just have a adventure mode session just to play around,and i dont think demigod is enough.I mean,how do i set everything on max?Strength,agility,creativity,being a swordsman,axeman,etc...How can i do that?Is there any way to hack the game or something?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 10:53:33 pm by BobJoga »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: December 05, 2015, 11:16:01 pm »

So. Let's say you add a secret like necromancy via mod, except it grants some other magic that doesn't lead to reviving corpses. This would thus preclude building towers.

Can the knowledge still spread via the new learning system, or will it be lost to the ages like it would in the old versions?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How do i make a PERFECT character?
« Reply #3049 on: December 05, 2015, 11:33:55 pm »

So,i wanted to just have a adventure mode session just to play around,and i dont think demigod is enough.I mean,how do i set everything on max?Strength,agility,creativity,being a swordsman,axeman,etc...How can i do that?Is there any way to hack the game or something?

You could probably fiddle around with the files in order to get the maximum number of points for skills and traits, but I don't know how to do that.

Note that some skills don't currently function quite right in Adventuring mode (Novice reader, for example, is enough to read anything) or their function is unknown (I have no idea what Patience does.), so maxing them isn't necessecary.

If you just want to fool around by spawning creatures and then killing them, you can just go into the Item Testing Arena and spawn in 2 creatures, set one to maximum skills and traits, take control of that creature, and start fighting.

Just know, even with all your skills to the max, it's still perfectly possible to get killed.

But then again, that's part of the fun, isn't it?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: December 06, 2015, 12:06:05 am »

You could probably fiddle around with the files in order to get the maximum number of points for skills and traits, but I don't know how to do that.

Note that some skills don't currently function quite right in Adventuring mode (Novice reader, for example, is enough to read anything) or their function is unknown (I have no idea what Patience does.), so maxing them isn't necessecary.

If you just want to fool around by spawning creatures and then killing them, you can just go into the Item Testing Arena and spawn in 2 creatures, set one to maximum skills and traits, take control of that creature, and start fighting.

Just know, even with all your skills to the max, it's still perfectly possible to get killed.

But then again, that's part of the fun, isn't it?
I think your best bet would be to mod humans or create a separate, human-esque race, such that their attributes and skills start off through the roof. You'd best take it over to the modding subforum.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: December 06, 2015, 01:09:11 am »

Or just use Cheat Engine; it's easy enough to give yourself 800 or so points to start with. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

BobJoga

• Bay Watcher
  • Hot dog never changes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: December 06, 2015, 09:11:37 am »

Or just use Cheat Engine; it's easy enough to give yourself 800 or so points to start with. :P
yeah,i tried it,but it just blew my game up...Wish i knew how to use it properly.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 10:32:07 am by BobJoga »

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: December 06, 2015, 11:00:50 am »

How do you write a book in adventure mode? Also, where do you find paper.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: December 06, 2015, 01:49:31 pm »

I've yet to find any blank material, but already tested and it seems that just sheets aren't enough. You'll likely need a scroll or quire.

Also. Thanks to absolutely no one except myself...

So. Let's say you add a secret like necromancy via mod, except it grants some other magic that doesn't lead to reviving corpses. This would thus preclude building towers.

Can the knowledge still spread via the new learning system, or will it be lost to the ages like it would in the old versions?

Found out through testing that the slab will get stowed, but no sign that they can write about it unless they have a tower to write in.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: December 06, 2015, 02:37:29 pm »

Finally started to play 0.42.xx and implemented the mods which I used before.
One in particular, Wanderer's friend, is my favourite, because you can make things out of your slain foes.

But, somehow with this new version, I can't craft things out of sapient beings anymore.
I guess it's related to some ethic-restrictions.
Does anyone know how to circumnavigate this?

I would love to dress myself in human clothes again.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: December 06, 2015, 02:43:35 pm »

Finally started to play 0.42.xx and implemented the mods which I used before.
One in particular, Wanderer's friend, is my favourite, because you can make things out of your slain foes.

But, somehow with this new version, I can't craft things out of sapient beings anymore.
I guess it's related to some ethic-restrictions.
Does anyone know how to circumnavigate this?

I would love to dress myself in human clothes again.

Aw. No Adventurecraft? ;w;

And yeah, sentient creatures can no longer be used, and I'm pissed about it.

At a bare minimum, making semi-megabeasts non-sentient is the best way to eliminate the biggest fun-killer.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: December 06, 2015, 02:47:59 pm »

:D
I partially use your mod, too.
You could say I robbed most mods, stole what I found most interesting and threw all of it into a large pot.
And brew a delicious experience out of DF.

icer667

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: December 06, 2015, 02:57:25 pm »

I found a codex in a tomb, they seem much safer than the last few versions.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: December 06, 2015, 03:05:07 pm »

:D
I partially use your mod, too.
You could say I robbed most mods, stole what I found most interesting and threw all of it into a large pot.
And brew a delicious experience out of DF.

Ah, nice. <3

I'm currently working on puzzling out how writing in adventure mod works, so once I pin dopwn the bare minimum needed to start writing, I'll add that to the mod too.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 327