Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621870 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3165 on: December 29, 2015, 10:14:46 am »

Hit 'q' to sheathe/draw weapons/shield. Then you have your hands full when you try to pick them up. You can also place another container inside the backpack and that'll accept items even if the backpack won't. Good way to organize stuff, too.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: December 29, 2015, 10:40:34 am »

Also: Minimum skills required to be able to read and write? How do you pray?

It seems that literally just novice reader is enough to not only read, but write. You'll need to obtain blank writing materials though. And if your character started off worshiping a diety, it'll be an option when you first hit the tal"k" key. You can apparently also gain new dieties to pray to through chatting with priests, but not sure how that works.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: December 29, 2015, 10:51:19 am »

Also: Minimum skills required to be able to read and write? How do you pray?

It seems that literally just novice reader is enough to not only read, but write. You'll need to obtain blank writing materials though. And if your character started off worshiping a diety, it'll be an option when you first hit the tal"k" key. You can apparently also gain new dieties to pray to through chatting with priests, but not sure how that works.
Really? Are you sure it works at all? I'm not able to pray as an outsider, but maybe I can pick my own gods.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: December 29, 2015, 01:37:06 pm »

Really? Are you sure it works at all? I'm not able to pray as an outsider, but maybe I can pick my own gods.

That's because you started as an outsider. And seeing as forces and pantheons are tied to entities, AKA civilizations... :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: December 29, 2015, 02:30:51 pm »

That's because you started as an outsider. And seeing as forces and pantheons are tied to entities, AKA civilizations... :V
Yeah, I thought I already implied that. My question was 1) whether it's possible to acquire one at all and 2) whether it's possible for an outsider to. As an outsider, I can acquire poetry/music/dance forms, so why not a religion?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: December 29, 2015, 02:36:43 pm »

Doh. Like I said, if you find a temple you can apparently talk to a priest about it, but I've yet to test that. Go forth and commit !!SCIENCE!! for me. <3
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: December 29, 2015, 02:41:36 pm »

I've read talk about getting citizenship by requesting it. I know I can get it automatically by retiring somewhere, but is there someone with the dialog option to petition for it?

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: December 29, 2015, 07:26:08 pm »

Is there any point to money after you are equipped with good armor and weapons? I can't think of anything to want or need for.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: December 29, 2015, 07:31:01 pm »

Is there any point to money after you are equipped with good armor and weapons? I can't think of anything to want or need for.

Buying booze? Though you can trade the mugs back to resolve your tavern debt. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: December 29, 2015, 07:57:15 pm »

Money doesn't even get you decent armor and weapons anyway, so that's not even a point to it. They're good for souvenirs of where you've been, and looking at them satisfies the "Admire art" need.

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: December 29, 2015, 08:19:41 pm »

How do I settle debts? I have more than enough money to give the guy, but for whatever reason he won't accept my money. He just keeps stating "I'm confused, did you want something?". Whether I try to select settle debts or offer currency doesn't make a difference.

Edit: Nvm, figured out that the guy wouldn't accept money. I had to go buy some earrings worth the same amount as my debt from the local marketplace, and then I was able to use that settle the debt.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 08:57:59 pm by Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser »

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: December 29, 2015, 10:10:39 pm »

(wrong thread, sorry)

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: December 30, 2015, 04:53:16 am »

IIRC, they are pretty good as throwing weapons.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: December 31, 2015, 07:15:02 am »

I complete Quests (or Rumors, as they are apparently called now[?]) by using the "Bring up specific event or rumor" to people in civilizations right? I wasn't sure if I'm doing it right, since my events don't disappear from the list, and it's full of 8 pages of inconsequential stuff revolving around animal attacks and such, so finding the actual important stuff is difficult.

And do I need to say, specifically bring up the death of the Bandit's/Vermin's leader to complete a quest, or does my fame go up for every report of each individual Bandit's death?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: December 31, 2015, 09:22:33 am »

The best way to measure fame is to talk to a barkeep. The prices they give you will tell you how everyone thinks of you. If you get free room and booze, then you must be doing something right.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 327