Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621931 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3210 on: January 04, 2016, 04:16:16 pm »

My last world I actually found a whole hamlet taken over by goblin bandits who were friggin rich. Their meadhall was empty but huge and full of high quality stuff; the first room I looked had masterwork iron greaves. They themselves were living in furnished houses in the village, and half of them were Elites covered in steel and masterwork gear. And none gave quarter, so I couldn't recruit any as hearthpeople. I equipped my dwarf and elf companions exquisitely well from that haul, and I didn't do bad at all, myself.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3211 on: January 13, 2016, 05:17:43 pm »

Fame spreads much better now.

I walked into a room with a dragon deity killing people, took it out, made stuff from the corpse, wrote a poem so people stopped burning/bleeding out, turn and say hello to a survivor.

Then I went to a tavern in a different town and said hello, the tavern keeper was astounded and such when they met me, offers me free room and booze and such, I haven't told anyone what I did, just the survivors/word-of-mouth.

yeah fame is much better in version 42
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Feniks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: January 18, 2016, 07:42:35 am »

Does claiming the site do anything in the current version of a game?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3213 on: January 18, 2016, 10:13:19 am »

Yep, claim the place, kill the lord,(if successful you will get a pop up) kill all resistance or turn them to your side (as they might rebel) , you can then higher hearth people (essentially the town guard/Knights) then recruit some to guard you, then go to the other villages and you can demand tribute and such .
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 10:16:38 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: January 18, 2016, 11:55:08 am »

Only works for human settlements, their seat of power is always the room with the throne (meadhalls and keeps). This fails with any other site: dwarven, goblin, elvish, nomad.

Feniks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: January 18, 2016, 01:05:30 pm »

Do I create my own civilization by doing so or am I still part of the civilization that I came from?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: January 18, 2016, 02:07:21 pm »

Only works for human settlements, their seat of power is always the room with the throne (meadhalls and keeps). This fails with any other site: dwarven, goblin, elvish, nomad.

This is a bug I reported fucking ages ago back in the .40.XX days. >_>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: January 18, 2016, 05:02:49 pm »

Do I create my own civilization by doing so or am I still part of the civilization that I came from?
You'll still be a member of your civ, but the group you establish won't be. It'll be considered an independent city-state, and in nearby bandit camps you can find the currency for it. I don't know how to integrate with the civ; I've tried going to the law-giver and offering tribute, but that doesn't do it. And it didn't seem to bother the law-giver that he was ruling from the keep that my group possessed.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3218 on: January 18, 2016, 11:49:13 pm »

You'll still be a member of your civ, but the group you establish won't be. It'll be considered an independent city-state, and in nearby bandit camps you can find the currency for it. I don't know how to integrate with the civ; I've tried going to the law-giver and offering tribute, but that doesn't do it. And it didn't seem to bother the law-giver that he was ruling from the keep that my group possessed.
I believe your civ is still a member of the parent civ (the same way you belong to the "site government" when you spawn , your group is just the new site government(, you essentially just become the new lord.
I am an indie game dev!

Luizx_

• Bay Watcher
  • Totally normal person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: January 19, 2016, 04:11:51 am »

If I give something like a new weapon for my companion, he will use?
Shut up Mom! I'm trying to decapitate some goblins here!

Feniks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: January 19, 2016, 05:14:43 am »

Depending if he likes it or not. You can check it easily by looking at him after you give him weapon and see what he holds in hands. Often when you give him things you will get the massge Urist McNPC reshuffles his inventory.

If you want to be extra sure he will use weapon you gave him buy his old one.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: January 19, 2016, 08:25:49 am »

I believe your civ is still a member of the parent civ (the same way you belong to the "site government" when you spawn , your group is just the new site government(, you essentially just become the new lord.
Check Legends. You'll find that it isn't. If it were a member of your civ, it wouldn't have its own coin, would it?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3222 on: January 19, 2016, 11:39:13 am »

Check Legends. You'll find that it isn't. If it were a member of your civ, it wouldn't have its own coin, would it?

legends doesnt talk about overlapping allegiances in the legends entry for your own government (or any), it looks just like the one that was there previously.
You will note it still lists your char  as a member of the parent civ aswell.
I guess I always took that to mean you were. hmm.

also you can still spawn in that hamlet when you create a new char and choose the parent civ despite it being under the control of your previous adventurers site gov't.
It is also listed as a "site government" in your factions screen in the "Q"uest log isnt it.
I dont have the game on right now to check it though.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 11:42:55 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: January 19, 2016, 12:27:45 pm »

Dude, none of what you're trying to inform me of is news, especially the parts I've already posted in this thread. However, after you establish a non-civ site government, people from the previous faction still live there, which is why you can begin there as a member of your old civ.

I dont have the game on right now to check it though.
I suggest you check Legends Viewer for a clearer picture of what's going on there.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: January 21, 2016, 01:13:07 am »

Is there any way to advance time in a world at a fast rate? I finished everything I want to do with my Adventurer, but I want to see what they accomplish over the course of this world's history for the next couple hundred years.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 327