Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621848 times)

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3390 on: February 17, 2016, 03:09:22 pm »

Elven taverns don't have booze, but I carry around a feather wood block to build a still and a feather wood pot to brew into, so I can brew whatever is in the Shaping Trees. Bayberry and apricot wine, here. I'm sure the word 'wine' is used loosely and they're probably closer to cordials.
I had no idea you could build that shit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3391 on: February 17, 2016, 03:11:29 pm »

Elven taverns don't have booze, but I carry around a feather wood block to build a still and a feather wood pot to brew into, so I can brew whatever is in the Shaping Trees. Bayberry and apricot wine, here. I'm sure the word 'wine' is used loosely and they're probably closer to cordials.

I think he uses advfort?
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: February 17, 2016, 03:27:57 pm »

I think he uses advfort?
That makes sense. Does advfort work with the newest version though?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:47:48 pm by Elfhater69 »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: February 17, 2016, 03:40:06 pm »

Even when it is, once you become famous you can get a drink, pour it out and fill your waterskin with it.

Myself I just added in a "turn this plant into booze in this container" adventurer reaction so I can go around trying whatever random shit I find to get rid of the "drinking the same old booze" thought when I'm in the middle of nowhere.
Ah, I carry around two types of booze, plus the feather tree yolk to keep my inebriation in a functional zone. But where do you get to read your character's thoughts? I'm really curious about mine.
State your emotions > scroll through the list.

You have to add several things to get elf taverns to have booze properly, I forget what the final thing was but it is possible.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: February 17, 2016, 08:19:49 pm »

Hah, I tested with bodyswap just to check out everyone's emotions, and my own character just started babbling non-stop about all his emotions. The companions only keep the last three emotions in memory. I think that's probably fortunate after listening to my character run at the mouth like that.

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: February 17, 2016, 08:28:32 pm »

Quick question, what skill makes my character the best at art and creating things?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: February 17, 2016, 08:40:15 pm »

There's a separate skill for everything. If you're talking about which attribute, then the obvious one. You can get more detail from the wiki.

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: February 17, 2016, 09:21:38 pm »

So how do i get my character to carve bone crafts and other forms of art? Sorry for asking so many questions

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: February 17, 2016, 09:44:11 pm »

If it's a new world generated in 42.06 then it has the reactions listed as a submenu of the carve bone reaction.

Incidentally being able to condense pages and pages of reactions into half a page of sorted categories is amazing.

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: February 17, 2016, 09:49:33 pm »

Do i need to be one of the three main races? Because i am a horseshoe crab poet. So am i not able to do bone crafts?
If there is a wikipage that talks about this please link me. I didnt find too much, then again im not good at looking :/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:56:17 pm by Elfhater69 »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: February 17, 2016, 10:01:12 pm »

Do i need to be one of the three main races? Because i am a horseshoe crab poet. So am i not able to do bone crafts?
If there is a wikipage that talks about this please link me. I didnt find too much, then again im not good at looking :/
Do you have the hands required to wield any sharp implement? If your claws deal edged, then it's just a programming oversight that you can't use them to carve with.

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: February 17, 2016, 10:10:49 pm »

Do you have the hands required to wield any sharp implement? If your claws deal edged, then it's just a programming oversight that you can't use them to carve with.
I got bones in my left hand and some knife in my right. I pressed x to open reactions but bone carving isnt an option.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: February 17, 2016, 11:18:00 pm »

Oh, are they sentient bones? You gotta remove [CAN_LEARN] with an interaction (my method) or just accept that you can't work with them now.

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: February 17, 2016, 11:24:54 pm »

Oh so i cant carve a elephant into a human/dwarf/elf skull?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: February 17, 2016, 11:30:06 pm »

Not without some way to convince the game that it wasn't a sentient creature.

I didn't want to give up my intelligent megabeasts so I just put in an interaction that removes the [CAN_LEARN] tag which I gotta remember to use before I kill them, otherwise all those wonderful bones and hides and hearts and teeth go to waste.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 327