Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621978 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3420 on: February 19, 2016, 04:44:25 pm »

I did. It gives a pretty significant accuracy boost. I first tested with a heavily modbuffed adventurer who had a base of like 13k accuracy (normally it's closer to 100) and they got up to like 23k I think when Focused! from five or six Unfettered needs. When Unfocused and Distracted they got down to 9k or so. I assume there is a similar skill roll percentage buff.

Elf taverns don't have booze normally, you have to add a few tags to the entity to get them working, plus the reactions to brew it I think?

You can't report the death of an undead creature (http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9528) so your best bet is to give someone the skull and they'll know it is dead?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3421 on: February 19, 2016, 05:57:00 pm »

I did. It gives a pretty significant accuracy boost. I first tested with a heavily modbuffed adventurer who had a base of like 13k accuracy (normally it's closer to 100) and they got up to like 23k I think when Focused! from five or six Unfettered needs. When Unfocused and Distracted they got down to 9k or so. I assume there is a similar skill roll percentage buff.

Elf taverns don't have booze normally, you have to add a few tags to the entity to get them working, plus the reactions to brew it I think?

You can't report the death of an undead creature (http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9528) so your best bet is to give someone the skull and they'll know it is dead?

yep if they see a part of a dead creature they will know its dead. It results in hilarity sometimes (killing a kid then throwing his nose in a building results in fun)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: February 20, 2016, 09:12:25 pm »

Is there any way to murder somebody, and prevent people from knowing you did it without hiding/disposing of the body? Or is there no way to beat npc's psionic ability to tell who killed what just by glancing at a corpse/body part?

Also, what Attributes are important for a Bard type character? I checked the wiki, but it seems out of date to the new stuff related to that (like stating that Musicality still has no use. That can't be right... right?). I'd imagine all you need as an instrument player is skill in said instrument type too, right?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: February 20, 2016, 09:43:47 pm »

I set campfires under the bodies or ignite grass. I use it as part of my cuckoo maneuver to remove a hearthperson when there is no room for me. Tackle a guard off a tower and then burn them with a campfire.

Kinesthetic sense, musicality, focus, creativity I think?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3424 on: February 20, 2016, 09:54:47 pm »

Is there any way to murder somebody, and prevent people from knowing you did it without hiding/disposing of the body? Or is there no way to beat npc's psionic ability to tell who killed what just by glancing at a corpse/body part?

Also, what Attributes are important for a Bard type character? I checked the wiki, but it seems out of date to the new stuff related to that (like stating that Musicality still has no use. That can't be right... right?). I'd imagine all you need as an instrument player is skill in said instrument type too, right?

yeah the wiki is way outdated, musicality for singing, high levels in speaker makes arguments easier and telling stories (and poems and everything else) easier, (its the catch all skill) (kind of like what Fighter is to the various weapon skills, but to bard stuff), it also changes your dialogue slightly.
I am an indie game dev!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: February 20, 2016, 10:05:23 pm »

Though musicality is still useless, as can be demonstrated if you try to serenade demons. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3426 on: February 20, 2016, 10:08:56 pm »

Though musicality is still useless, as can be demonstrated if you try to serenade demons. ;w;

I hope you are joking heh.
I am an indie game dev!

Patar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: February 20, 2016, 10:19:28 pm »

Why can't I butcher corpses of any kind? I'm standing over a kolbold corpse holding his sword and I can't butcher it for skill. I couldn't butcher and of my animal kills either.

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: February 20, 2016, 10:22:35 pm »

x>create>butcher

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: February 20, 2016, 10:30:45 pm »

I hope you are joking heh.

Of course not. It's only a laughing matter if you try serenading kobolds instead.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Patar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: February 20, 2016, 10:59:59 pm »

x>create>butcher

I did that. The options don't show up.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: February 20, 2016, 11:02:39 pm »

x>create>butcher

Were the animals you butchered small things like rabbits, small birds, and weasels? I've never tried to butcher a Kobold, but you can't butcher animals of small enough size. try killing something more substantial, like a tame cat in the middle of night, or other unsuspecting wildlife, and see if it works on them.

Patar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: February 20, 2016, 11:21:51 pm »

x>create>butcher

Were the animals you butchered small things like rabbits, small birds, and weasels? I've never tried to butcher a Kobold, but you can't butcher animals of small enough size. try killing something more substantial, like a tame cat in the middle of night, or other unsuspecting wildlife, and see if it works on them.j

Okay thank you. I have barely seen any animals. Do you have any tips for finding them?

Edit: I just killed a giant bluejay and I can't butcher it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:19:50 am by Patar »

Galap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: February 21, 2016, 03:06:24 am »

I've become infected. Is there any way to get rid of this or does it go away on its own? Is there any way to tell whether it's life-threatening?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: February 21, 2016, 06:33:35 am »

It's always life-threatening. An infected toe is liable to kill you.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you might make it if the infected part gets lopped off.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 327