Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621890 times)

bergzwerg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3480 on: February 24, 2016, 08:17:51 am »

Hello!
With the new 42.06 version i wanted to play a bit adventure mode until dfhack updates. I have been doing well, with my human outsider peasant and started slowly cleansing the world of all evil. :)
But unfortunatley i´ve encountered serious FPS problems. Usually the FPS are great (even in crowded towns), but when i am roaming in the wildness and encounter a group of animals, often (seemingly specially next to water)  my FPS dropps down as far as 2 Frames per second
the only way to escape FPS- death is to fast travel away, than the FPS is stabil again. But when there is a river, i have to walk, which makes the game really frustrating :/

my laptop is pretty good, i havent seen anybody complaining about this issue and i thought that serious FPS problems only appear in fortress mode.

i play 42.06 vanilla (download without music) with the CLA Tileset, the world i play in is "smaller" with everything else on high

can it be a bug, or is there something i could do?

eddit: forgot to mention that history is "short"
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 12:03:47 pm by bergzwerg »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: February 24, 2016, 02:04:06 pm »

Does it stay at 2 fps? Wait for a few ticks and see if it is due to the creatures loading.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: February 24, 2016, 02:30:46 pm »

It could also be due to flocks of birds scattering and naving a path through a lot of open space tiles. In most biomes I've been in, it's usually ravens or kea.

bergzwerg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: February 24, 2016, 04:56:56 pm »

thanks for the answers!

yeah stayed at 2 fps, till i fast traveled away. Also i don´t think that birds are the answer, because even in cat infested crowded cities or at epic necromancer battles with lots of zombies, i seldom got under 100 FPS.

i´ve taken a closer look and the FPS problem just occurred when getting quite close to special animals ( in example: horseshoe crab encounter -> brutal FPS death ... normal crab -> slaughter it in real time). But i failed to reproduce the problem in two other worlds and when i came back to the original adventure, the FPS problems somehow dissapeared :D

so problem solved :)
i imagine it was some weird rare bug, that i somehow triggered

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: February 25, 2016, 12:08:10 am »

How do I leave the mountain hall I started in?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: February 25, 2016, 12:09:40 am »

How do I leave the mountain hall I started in?
Fast travel to the nearest fortress.

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: February 25, 2016, 09:13:54 pm »

Not sure if i can ask this here or not but i was wondering if there are any utilities to make it easier to write stories in DF? I now the LNP came with one but i was wondering if there are any others?

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: February 28, 2016, 04:36:56 pm »

Where can you find a coffin in a human town or hamlet? I heard there were tombs or catacombs, how do I find them?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: February 28, 2016, 04:49:16 pm »

Where can you find a coffin in a human town or hamlet? I heard there were tombs or catacombs, how do I find them?

Search for temples, check the catacombs under them. Keeps also tend to have dungeons underneath that generally lack coffins, but can connect to the tunnels of nearby temples.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: February 28, 2016, 06:59:44 pm »

Search for temples, check the catacombs under them. Keeps also tend to have dungeons underneath that generally lack coffins, but can connect to the tunnels of nearby temples.

Will it list a temple along with shops and wells and houses on the town map?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: February 28, 2016, 07:10:45 pm »

Will it list a temple along with shops and wells and houses on the town map?

Yep. You're looking for light blue text.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: March 02, 2016, 10:58:24 am »

So, I've become a lord, ruling through The Perfect Bastion.  Now what?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: March 02, 2016, 11:17:42 am »

Now you crush the peons under your boot and wait for the money and wenches to roll in.

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: March 02, 2016, 11:28:20 am »

Now you crush the peons under your boot and wait for the money and wenches to roll in.
Well, it looks like the town is entirely abandoned. There are some active shops, but nobody seems to be watching them. Do I need to advertise to get some citizens so I can then crush them under my boot?

Or maybe go ask all of those random soldiers loitering in the temple basement nearby. But there's no way in without climbing, and I don't want to take on that fight alone, just yet. The minions won't follow me down.

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: March 02, 2016, 11:50:20 am »

so I've founded a fortress with the intent to build it into a gigantic library, and thought it'd be cool to go out as an adventurer with the fortress retired, and bring back some papyrus plants so I could have papyrus for my paper production. but I can't seem to figure out if I can harvest the actual plants. it seems you can ''pick leaf'. but never anything actually usefull of the plant. do I need to mod something for this to be possible or is it possible and am I just missing something?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:55:59 pm by Carch »
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 327