Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 620796 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3540 on: March 04, 2016, 11:09:01 pm »

Tell a story about the site you're in and filter for criminal, one will be listed as the primary org, and it will list the name of the dungeon or catacombs it is based in.

Check under the keep and temples for said area and ask the group down there about the structure you're in, the ones that list the name of the group you're after/right dungeon are the ones you want.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: March 05, 2016, 05:36:15 am »

Is there a reason to ask someone to lead you to a location? Is there some kind of fast-travel system?

Also, is there any use in performing arts for NPC:s?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: March 05, 2016, 05:46:47 am »

Fame spreads with performances just like it does for big kills.

Being a good dancer or poet is the easiest way to become famous.

Telling stories in a crowded area is the next easiest way, even if you're a bad storyteller you still get fame for stuff you did.

Make sure you choose to tell by the site, it lists better options, and it is the only way to tell about stuff like killing a megabeast in a lair. I use it all the time now. After doing so people greet me warmly, are aware of my deeds, and spread word of it well. It's like the brag option without the randomness.

For hearthing, I often used this to get around a bug I introduced when I gave dorfs towns as sites but not the right positions so I couldn't get quests from them, I would just "accidentally" kill the dorf in charge and then get someone to hearth for me after claiming the site, accumulate lots of hearthspeople, everyone that enters the room, and then without leaving the site I hand it off to someone there.

Then I ask to become a hearthperson and of course they accept the legendary hero/hunter/protector of the weak gladly.

I do the same when I overthrow occupations.

win32anon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: March 05, 2016, 05:48:23 am »

Tell a story about the site you're in and filter for criminal, one will be listed as the primary org, and it will list the name of the dungeon or catacombs it is based in.

Check under the keep and temples for said area and ask the group down there about the structure you're in, the ones that list the name of the group you're after/right dungeon are the ones you want.

Thanks for the ideia, now I know the name of the band at last.

It says "the ascendancy of the criminal organization The Blockaded Band in Washbutters in 36."
Then my guy stumble in the details.

There's also the option:
"The formation of the The Blockaded Band in Clashesdepths the Tournament of Defenders in Washbutters".

I'm in Washbutters, and I don't seem to find any trace of this Band. :/

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: March 05, 2016, 05:58:00 am »

Gotta check under the temples if Clashesdepths isn't the one under the keep.

win32anon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: March 05, 2016, 06:10:50 am »

It's a different name, the tomb is The Knowing Graves, and the fortress is Grizzling Fortress of the Light Fellowship and the dungeons underneath is the Beachedechoed  the Hole of Boring (and it's quite boring  :P),  also constructed by the Light Fellowship.

I was looking in the [Q] - [P]eople and found a guy named Sinur Shelteredtrower, he is the chieftain of the Blockaded Band. But when I ask anyone about him, they only say 'he is the chieftain', and when I try to ask his location, there's no option for him.

win32anon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: March 05, 2016, 07:26:59 am »

Manage to find the guy.
He was deep inside the tomb with a bunch of dead bodies by his side, I attacked him and he ran away, found him a bit later in the entrance of the tomb, my companion dealt the killing blow.
I dragged his body to the fortress and told the story about his killings and the story about me attacking him and my companion killing him. But weirdly nobody said it was a good thing, everyone was 'it's terrifying' or 'it was inevitable'. Usually when I kill outlaws I get a good message like 'finally he is dead and we can live in peace'.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: March 05, 2016, 03:40:18 pm »

People in town won't care, people that sent you there will.

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: March 05, 2016, 07:45:45 pm »

I like how you dragged the body. That's a nice touch.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: March 05, 2016, 08:18:53 pm »

So if i want to spread rumors about my big kills, I want to do it in big crowded areas like the market? or do i want to tell key people like generals and lords?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: March 05, 2016, 10:13:40 pm »

Tell tavern keepers and the head priests at temples, tell stories in keeps with lots of people in them, tell the lord specific stuff, and tell random soldiers you meet on the worldmap stuff you want known.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: March 05, 2016, 11:35:50 pm »

I wonder what the range of storytelling is. You only hear critiques from listeners within 4 tiles, but I've learned forms and works from somewhat further. The ones within that 4 tile radius will comment on a performance immediately after, so anyone within 4 tiles of them learns what the story was about, though I'm not sure how far that broadcasts, either. And someone who's performing a job, like tavern keepers, won't be aware of the performance, but will hear the comments.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: March 06, 2016, 01:17:55 am »

The distance where people stop and take a step back when they approach, it's pretty far actually. You see it outdoors in traffic-heavy areas, people will walk up and get in earshot then stop and stand back to listen.

win32anon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: March 06, 2016, 02:42:46 am »

Is it worth taking coins from dead criminals? I haven't find myself buying or browsing shops for stuff, but I might be wrong.

Coupling with the fact that coins are local-based, I find it kind pointless to pick coins.

Or am I doing something wrong?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: March 06, 2016, 04:19:34 am »

They are the most amazing ammo ever. You can flat out kill if not incapacitate an endless horde of foes with a single stack of coins.
I wonder what the range of storytelling is. You only hear critiques from listeners within 4 tiles, but I've learned forms and works from somewhat further. The ones within that 4 tile radius will comment on a performance immediately after, so anyone within 4 tiles of them learns what the story was about, though I'm not sure how far that broadcasts, either. And someone who's performing a job, like tavern keepers, won't be aware of the performance, but will hear the comments.
Also tested this:

The x is over a goblin behind the red sense_creature indicator outside the room, the one in front stopped to listen since both doors were open from soldiers listening, then one came down the ramp and stopped to listen, when I finished I said hi and they asked if I had a story to tell, so that's pretty much line-of-sight.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 327