Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Winter Holiday: Game Over (A Hanukkah is fine too...)  (Read 12087 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

Ah yes, the lack of posting. Damn you school, damn you all to hell. I SHALL MAKE UP FOR IT!

Nabbing Zathras' killer is hard. Zathras didn't really target anyone but Zrk2, and kind of did the same thing as me. And now he's dead.

I think Pandarsenic's death would benefit Scum the most, mostly because he's a very, very determined scumhunter. I still think that's a bit of a scumshield, but I have no other evidence to back it up. I don't want to lynch another townie, and quite possibly end the game.

Lordnincompoop is... scummy. Not because he voted for me, but that he likes to dodge questions. He questions questions, and beats around the bush. Quite scummy, if you ask me.

Toaster, since you're asking some questions, here's one: Who would you think is the most innocent at the moment? Why?

Lordnincompoop: Answer some goddamn questions before I decide to put a rope around your neck. Your dancing around questions is extremely scummy.

Pandarsenic: Why are you pushing so hard on lordnincompoop? He might not be the only scum around.

Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Inteuniso:  Most innocent?  Me, of course!  After that, the dead people who flipped town.

Seriously though, despite lurking, Pandar doesn't seem to be too suspicious.  He's backing up his suspicious with questions in a credible manner.

Something bugs me, though.  You attack Nincompoop, and immediately clarify that it's not an OMGUS attack.  That is a suspiciously specific denial!  Further, after banging on him a bit, you quickly turn around and defend him from Pandar.  It's like you can't decide if you want to bus him or chainsaw defend him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 3 ends really late Thursday (2 AM Friday EST). That's a little over 24 hours from now.
Votecount:

Toaster -
Pandarsenic -
Jokerman -
Lordnincompoop - Pandarsenic, Jokerman, Toaster
Inteuniso - Lordnincompoop

Note voting: Inteuniso
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

Inteuniso:  Most innocent?  Me, of course!  After that, the dead people who flipped town.

Seriously though, despite lurking, Pandar doesn't seem to be too suspicious.  He's backing up his suspicious with questions in a credible manner.

Something bugs me, though.  You attack Nincompoop, and immediately clarify that it's not an OMGUS attack.  That is a suspiciously specific denial!  Further, after banging on him a bit, you quickly turn around and defend him from Pandar.  It's like you can't decide if you want to bus him or chainsaw defend him.

I'm not defending Lordnincompoop, in fact, he is scum. I'm just saying that if there is more than one scum, we should push on them.

For now though, let's hang some scum. Lordnincompoop, I CHOOSE YOU!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Well, IF inteuniso was lordnincompoop's partner, Toaster clearly just pushed him over the edge of the Valley That Is Bussing.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Votecount:

Toaster -
Pandarsenic -
Jokerman -
Lordnincompoop - Pandarsenic, Jokerman, Toaster,  Inteuniso
Inteuniso - Lordnincompoop

Everybody agrees that Lordnincompoop must be hanged today. Since he has to be scum or this is it, you decide to hang him from the top of the tree. Sure, it takes hours to hoist him up that high, but it's well worth it. Oh, the fools you all were!

Before being hung, Lordnincompoop has some choice words for the rest of the town. In fact, he reveals himself to be The Grinch and to be some sort of third-party. The color drains from your faces as you realize what this means...

Or at least, the color drained from two of your faces. Two of you look elated. A very happy Jokerman steps forward, declaring "I may be a simple Mistletoe, but I believe that puts us in charge of Christmas, seeing as there's two of us mafia and two of you townies. That means we're even."

Pandarsenic shakes his head, brandishes a knife, and says, "Not if Secret Satan has anything to say about it! I may be a third-party now, but I'll kill you all!"

"Kill us all!", exclaims Toaster, "Don't make me explode like the Fireworks I am, there's two of us and one of you. We mafia are far more powerful than you'll ever be! We've won, so get out of our town!"

Pandarsenic rushes Toaster, who's frantically drawing his Tommy. Jokerman is faster, however, and lets off a few rounds in Pandarsenic's direction. Pand dodges to the side, nimble evading all the shots. Meanwhile, Toaster's found his sidearm and aims it right at Pand's head. Realizing he's out-gunned, Pand escapes into the Christmas tree.

That doesn't stop these mafia, however. Toaster turns towards Jokerman and says. "I'll go get some molotovs while you take care of that other one over there"

Up until this point, Inteuniso was frozen with shock. Upon hearing these words, however, he screaming and ran. Jokerman gets a twinkle in his eye, turns towards Inteuniso, and just opens fire. Inteuniso gets torn to pieces. Somebody who cared would of noticed he was a Creepy Ornament and townie.

Upon seeing Toaster return with some molotov cocktails, he decides to get one last revenge. You see, in all this confusion, nobody had remembered to hang Lordnincompoop! So rather than die via fire and ruining a perfectly good Christmas tree, Pand runs up to Lornincompoop, grabs him, and jumps off the tree. Not taking any chances, Toaster and Jokerman release a hail of gunfire while the two plummet to their doom.

And then... well... it was a silent night.

Game over, the mafia won. Technically I should continue the game, but there's no way for the mafia to lose, so I'd rather not waste any time. Here's a full listing of the original roles in the game. Feel free to ask any questions about who used what actions each night or how another player's role works. Lordnincompoop hit Pandarsenic N1 and Jokerman N2. Pand never used a night action, I have no idea why.

During Night One, Lordnincompoop sent a PM to Pand about his transformation. This is against the rules, but since it wasn't malicious or gamebreaking, I didn't stop the game or give a rules infraction. If Pand thinks it ruined the game, though, then sure, I'll give a rules infraction out. I've since explained to Lordnincompoop to always PM the mod what action you want to do, so hopefully this kind of mistake doesn't happen again.

Here's the mafia chat
Here's the dead chat (I wouldn't bother with this, nobody really used it.)

Zathras: Inti Raymi

You are the all powerful spirit of Inti Raymi! Santa was a good drinking buddy of yours, so that means you're a member of the town.

Unfortunately for you, there's almost no Inca left to celebrate you, leaving you with pretty much no power. To make matters worse, you've been drinking for the past four days and plan to continue drinking for the next five. On the plus side, if you can finish the celebration, you'll leave the game and win independently of everyone else. Of course, if those bastards who killed your good friend Santa are brought to justice and sacrificed, you'll also be content. In fact, you're almost not sure which victory would be sweeter: the drinking victory or the violent bloodshed victory.

Code: [Select]
You win when all the threats to the town are eliminated or at the end of Day 5 if you're still alive at that point.

Zrks2: Jack Frost

Don't believe what you've learned in The Santa Clause 3: Escape Clause, Jack Frost and old Saint Nick are the best of pals. That means you're part of the town.

Each night you can creep up to a player's house and cover the windows with frost. Since all the houses in Holdayville are reflections of the beings living in them, any changes to a player, however small, will magically alter that house and remove all the frost on the windows. You'll know when frost has been removed from any frost-covered houses and, by extension, that the player living inside has changed somehow.

You win when all the threats to the town are eliminated.

Each night you can frost a player's house. When a player with a frosted house has any changes happen to him or her, you'll be told.

When I say changes, I mean actions with effects that last into the next day. This means protections, roleblocks, inspections and the like won't trigger your ability, but vote gains or loses, action gains or loses, role changes, and alignment changes will. Feel free to ask about this if you're confused.

Ottofar:  New Year's Eve

Aahh, New Years. The making of resolutions that get forgotten in a week. The staying up way too late and drinking way too much. The covering of major cities in so much confetti that it takes days to clean up. You're well aware that you could never replace Christmas as the best holiday of the year, so you're a proud member of the town.

One the other hand, as the spirit of New Year's Eve, you can't stand your brother, the spirit of New Year's Day. He's always telling everyone "make life-changing resolutions" and "look forward to the fresh new start of the New Year". You can't stand it, you just want everything to stay the same. Luckily, you have the power to make people forget their resolutions and go back to how the previous year was. Sure, there might of been good changes since then, but then again, there might of been bad changes, too...

Each night you can reset a player back to how they were when the game began.

Inteuniso: Creepy Ornament

You're starting to think everyone suspects you of killing Santa just because you're creepy. Racist bastards, everyone knows that all the ornaments are loyal to the town.

As an ornament, you have no power unless you're hanging. Sadly, the only place to hang around here is from the gallows. Worse, you're actually just a creepy guy in a creepy ornament costume, so hanging will in fact kill you. On the other hand, if you do wind up hanging, you're pretty sure that nobody will be able to get the nerve to do anything during the night. You're just that much of a creepy guy.

If you get lynched, the next night will be skipped.

Org: Olive, the other reindeer

(Quick aside, I actually watched this for the first time about two hours after I read your PM. Sadly, I had already read the Wikipedia article, so the plot was spoiled. Oh well, it was still fantastically animated and fairly humorous.)

You wouldn't kill Santa, you went out of your way to save Christmas! Didn't any of these idiots see the special? Just look at the facts, you even live in an actual town.

You could sing an annoying musical number to show your loyalty, but then everybody would lynch you to shut you up. Nah, you'll have to use your other assets. No, not flying. No, not talking. No, not pissing off the postal service. You're going to sniff your way out of this. You should be able to track down anybody else, no matter where they go. This should be a piece of cake compared to sniffing down cookies surrounded by elves and reindeer droppings while flying far away in the middle of nowhere.

Each night you can track a player. You'll know which house(s), if any, that the tracked player goes to, although you won't know what nefarious deeds the player actually performs while visiting.

Pandarsenic: Secret Santa Satan

Suuuuuure. Just because somebody murdered Santa, everybody suspects Satan. It's always Satan, blame Satan. In reality, you're actually good friends with the fat man. Santa outsourced the coal production to Hell years ago. Not only is Santa paying you for the coal, he's even shipping it for free! No, you couldn't bring yourself to harm the town.

Now it's time to start handing out gifts. Both to figure out who killed Santa and to trick people, you won't even charge for these gifts. It's a steal! Of course, Satan would never give anything that can be used against himself and also can't be trused, but if they're not happy, well, Hell doesn't accept refunds!

Each night you can give another player a gift. Positive-effect gifts will always target you and negative-effect gifts will not work against you.

Jokerman: Mistletoe

Everybody's forgotten the true meaning of Christmas. It's not about giving gifts, the birth of Jesus, or being with friends and family. It's about blowing shit up and kissing hot girls! You're going to prove it with force since you're both part of the mafia.

The power of mistletoe is to bring people together. In this case, it's to cajoole anyone who comes to visit into forgetting what they were doing to kiss you. Or at least that's the plan since you're actually a sleep-kisser. You won't be able to remember if anybody came to visit or if you just made out with the pillow, but you should be safe from visitors either way.

You win when all non-mafia players are dead or nothing can prevent the same.

Any player who performs an action on you will automatically get roleblocked.

Toaster: Fireworks

You are well known for having a hot temper... a short fuse, if you will. Well hopefully you don't use too much vivid language and explode on everyone since you're part of the mafia.

Unfortunetly for you, all you can do is explode. Fortunetly, you've learned to control when you do. You should only explode when dying, which should eliminate any potential problems for your partner. Of course, you can always just blow up somebody whenever you want. Sure, it'll be fatal, but it'll be FUN!

You win when all non-mafia players are dead or nothing can prevent the same.

Any player who performs a kill on you will automatically get suicide bombed. You may also suicide bomb another player at any time, even during the day.

Lordnincompoop: Grinch

You're a mean one Mr. Grinch. You really are a heal. Sure, you might not of killed Santa, but you're glad he's dead. I guess that makes you a.... third-and-a-half partyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Unfortunately, you don't know how to kill. Dr. Suess never taught you how. However, you do know how to steal. And unlike in Dr. Suess-land, people who have all their possession taken tend to be a little bit bitter. They should turn into murderous, town-hating serial killers. Of course, the peace and quiet of Christmas not coming won't mean anything if you're dead, so stay alive.

You win if all the town is dead or turned into serial killers and you're still alive. Mafia and other third parties will not obstruct a win as long as all the townies are gone.

Each night you can turn another player into a standard serial killer with the following role PM.

[quote]
You win when all other players are dead or nothing can prevent the same. You do not need to be alive to win.

Each night you can kill another player.
[/quote]
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Winter Holiday: Game Over (A Hanukkah is fine too...)
« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2011, 04:16:48 am »

Wait, so:

1) WAS I OR WAS I NOT aligned with the Grinch?

2) Srsly? Both Mafia members were impossible for a third-party to kill? Srsly Mr.Person?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 07, 2011, 04:58:58 am »

a) No, and in fact the Grinch winning obstructs his sk's wincon. I guess that would be a big kick in the face to the sks if the Grinch won, but then again, the sks weren't supposed to know who converted them. Trust me, this role sounded more fun on paper than it turned out to be in practice.

b) I balanced the setup around the Grinch, mafia, and town. I neglected to think about things from the sk PoV at all. To be fair, 9p w/ 2 scum is really in the town's advantage just by shear number of lynches, so the mafia did need a little oomph to survive. I may have given them too much oomph, however, especially since post-game, the sks just get rightfully pissed since they couldn't do much at all except kill off townies that don't matter.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2011, 06:15:34 am »

I dunno, I feel a bit cheated - I had grand master plan to:

1) Get my Grinch lynched (though I shouldn't have known his identity)
2) Shoot a Mafioso (which wouldn't have worked, because the only kill in the game is from SKs and Firework SPECIFICALLY SCREWS THEM OVER)
3) Lead another lynch
4) Kill (hopefully not leaving the single remaining mafia member) with the credibility gained from tagging the Grinch in part 1.

Only to discover postgame that 3/4 of the parts of my plan were impossible. :c
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2011, 01:13:50 pm »

<3
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2011, 02:13:39 pm »

Joker probably should have not been able to RB kill actions, or something.

Anyway, it was enjoyable, but low activity killed the town, as it usually does.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2011, 02:17:34 pm »

Joker probably should have not been able to RB kill actions, or something.

Anyway, it was enjoyable, but low activity killed the town, as it usually does.

Even then it's pure luck that I shoot/figure out the right one first then. Also, it leaves me unable to kill the second one and actually WIN if I do. The Firework's role is SPECIFICALLY to screw over SKs. :c
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2011, 02:29:49 pm »

Ideally, then, another SK should have done me in.

That or I got SKed myself- I don't see anything against mafia conversions in there.

That'd be something right there- I get Joker to kill off someone, and I kill him off the same night.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2011, 10:40:18 pm »

So I took notes the first 2 days in a way. Just writing down who I thought was scummy, not any reasons.

DAY 1: Either Toaster or lordnincompoop is scum. Probably Toaster. Also: Joker.

DAY 2: Lordnincompoop again. Also, Zathras or Zrk2.
So uh. Yeah. I got the (main?) scum Day 1.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]