Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Foothold -- A Succession Invasion!  (Read 19562 times)

Ale Explosion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Foothold -- A Succession Invasion!
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2011, 01:49:28 am »

Hello, I haven't tried doing a succession game before and this looks like an interesting one to do. So if possible sign me up on the end of the list :)

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2011, 01:54:27 pm »

your'll need a name for your dwarf :)

choose well, young urist
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2011, 04:41:25 pm »

Oh Rentorian? Where hast you gone?
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
  • It's amazing what you can do without a conscience
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2011, 04:58:14 pm »

Sorry, been busy with some other things.  I'm almost done with Fall and will probably throw winter into the same update due to lack of anything happening.
Sometimes I find myself sitting around asking myself, "Why?"
Then I come to my senses and respond "Well why the hell not?"

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2011, 05:06:19 pm »

Okay, no biggie. Was just curious as to the Fortress' condition
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Ale Explosion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2011, 05:38:05 pm »

Ok, let's go with "Urist McExplode" of profession "Gear Lover" (a male mechanic or engineer if one is around, but really any dorf will suffice if they aren't available)

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 01, 2011, 06:25:21 pm »

And you have been dorfed mr McExplode.
On a side note the fortresses created wealth at the beginning of my turn was 2107197, as of early winter it is now 4324554.  All the production of steel EVERYTHING may have had something to do with it but holy crap.

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 01, 2011, 07:02:41 pm »

Ok, let's go with "Urist McExplode" of profession "Gear Lover" (a male mechanic or engineer if one is around, but really any dorf will suffice if they aren't available)
Welcome to the group! You have been added to the roster

Ale Explosion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 01, 2011, 08:29:14 pm »

Awesome, I imagine that it might not be practical by my turn, but I have a plan for an elf greeting device: Pressurise a bunch of water and have it speed along to knock elf traders (or invaders) down a few levels into an arena. The water would then drain away (or at the pull of a lever, not drain if they are too tough) leaving some bruised tree huggers ready for live training purposes! Below is a layout of what I mean:

TANK
PUMP       DEPOT
                       PIT
                       PIT
                       ARENA
                                DRAIN

Of course, I'm open to other avenues of mechanised anti-elf mayhem :)

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 01, 2011, 08:34:04 pm »

I already made an arena that you could use, add a few grates for the drains and some more tunnels to get drowned rats elves in there easily and you'll be golden.
It could also double as our first elaborate deathtrap!

Ale Explosion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2011, 08:56:03 pm »

Cool, don't suppose you'll be including some screenshots of the fort in your next update? (or I could just have a look at the save I guess)

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2011, 09:20:20 pm »

Here it is guys, last update containing both fall and winter!
From the Notes of Rentorian, Master Number Cruncher

Sandstone the Ninth, 254
Goden Feshkivish threw a tantrum today to protest the long military duty.  Although, his tantrum seemed to consist of nothing but walking around grumbling.

Sandstone the Tenth, 254
Goden threw another tantrum today, this time he just went to get a drink .  It's nothing like the tantrums I've heard happen in other forts where dwarves go insane and strike down their neighbors but I've loosened the military schedule and given each squad three months off a year to try and prevent more tantrums.
*OOC: I was really worried when I got the announcement that Goden was throwing a tantrum.  When I checked the announcements I saw that he had already thrown one and I had missed it.  Not really sure why things happened that way...*

Sandstone the Fourteenth, 254
Seven more migrants today, nothing happened for months and now we've had tantrums and migrants and Sandstone isn't even over yet!

Sandstone the Thenty-Eigth, 254
Imush Tobultogum gave birth to a girl today, she's joined the ranks of people who can carry two children and still do their jobs properly.

Timber the Seventeenth, 254
Etur Medtobegen started muttering something about fairies controlling his brain and ran off to the jewelers workshop, I doubt we'll be getting a legendary weapon out of this.

Timber the Eighteenth, 254
The outpost liaison was sighted today leading a caravan from the mountain homes, hopefully they have good news.

Timber the Twentry-Fourth, 254
Etur finished making his secret project, Gemsit Ag.  He is also now considered a legend among gem setters.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Timber the Twenty-Sixth, 254
An bush squad of goblins was sighted outside!  I can only hope that no one is lost in the attack.
With the help of the caravan guards we were able to weather the attack without a single casualty!  There were a few injuries but those will heal in time.

Timber the Twenty-Eighth, 254
I concluded business with the traders today.  I was able to get several hundred units of beer and food, as well as several bins of cloth and leather.  I also sent a couple thousand in gifts to the king to show how our outpost has been prospering.

Moonstone the Fifth, 254
The Forgotten Beast Aco appeared in the caverns beneath the fortress.  Fortunately he can't fly and the only way into our fortress from the cave is a set of hatches in the ceiling.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*OOC:  I think I did better drawing this one, just sayin'*

Moonstone the Thirteenth, 254
I have ordered the construction of a set of weapon traps as a last defense against invaders should they get past our other traps and our soldiers.  Each of the traps contains 5 serrated steel discs and 5 giant axe blades, all crafted of our finest steel.  I am almost tempted to let some of our enemies reach them to see how well they will work once the construction is done but that is likely far in the future given how quickly some dwarves have been working.

Opal the Second, 254
Sibrek Erarsibrek gave birth to a baby girl...
I'm starting to notice a trend here...

Opal The Twenty-Second, 254
The Arena is complete and the first goblins have been dropped in, I need only wait for the resu-
Sorry for cutting off so suddenly, I was just hit in the face by the arm of one of the goblins that was dropped down there, two stories down!  I think this was a success.
On a side note the weapon traps are complete, any intruder that escapes the other traps and our mighty army will be met with a swirling corridor of steel death.
*OOC: That was hilarious!  The goblin landed on a dwarf and they both just sat there, stunned for about a second, then every dwarf in the arena just swarmed the poor bastard and tore him apart!  It was beautiful.  I'll be leaving a few prisoners for the next person to play with, don't worry.*

Obsidian the Twenty-Eighth, 354
This shall be my last entry as overseer, the mayor came up to me today and told me it was time for me to resign.  I'm not sure why but I heard rumors about my how he lost nearly three inches of his beard in one of the weapon traps I had installed.  In any case my time as overseer is over and I will hand the badge on to Sepharis and go back to my ledgers, they're so much easier to understand.
Sorry for the lack of pictures this time through, not much to take pictures of to be honest, everything either was over pretty fast and not worth capping or just boring everyday stuff.
Spoiler: Short Turn Overview (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Final Stats (click to show/hide)
I made over 3 mil created wealth this turn, holy friggen' crap steel is expensive.
If you want to look at the fort I'd suggest just downloading the fort and just takin' a look around.

File is uploading as I type
Aaaaaannnnnnnddddddd DONE!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:26:50 pm by Rentorian »

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2011, 10:54:58 pm »

Wow! The fortress flourishes before mine waking eyes! The save has also been posted on the first page, Sepharis has also been notified of his turn!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2011, 11:17:16 pm »

At this rate by the time it gets to my turn the fortress will have 500 people and will be worth 172782016 DwarfBucks. Or it will have 23 forgotten beasts, 3 healthy dwarves, and more contagions than you can shake a stick at. 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2011, 11:49:24 pm »

Just thought I'd mention this- the military dwarf tantrum may be a result of having their squad scheduled for training with a minimum of more dwarves than are currently present or available in the squad- in which case, they may all just stand around in the barracks without taking actual breaks until they are too hungry/thirsty/tired to continue.

“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13