Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: Colonizer.net  (Read 21098 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Colonizer.net
« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2011, 07:17:37 pm »

Give public speech honoring Plops contribution to the jungle battle. Deny Luki'Tune's rumor and start a couple nasty ones about him. Request a test batch of five suites. Pick three soldiers from the jungle battle to join you and She'ish as the first test users of the armor.

Use satellite to keep tabs on Luki'Tune. Look for any reason to lock the motherfucker up. Instruct scientists to experiment with the brain mold. Try to establish a mini hive-mind colony in a terrarium! Keep listening for transmissions that could interest us. Do not respond to anything that we have heard from outside the system so far.

Learn their godamn language already :p

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2011, 07:21:43 pm »

Improve ghant living conditions
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2011, 07:32:05 pm »

Only if we improve the general living conditions even further. I have a feeling our people wont like it if the Ghants enjoy a higher or even equal standard of living.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2011, 07:37:31 pm »

Clearly we get that malachite and silicon.  Try to pinpoint the location of the uranium.
Have the engineers make some harvesting machines so our people can be better at harvesting.  That or solve the problem with Luki'Tune and get the Ghants working again.  Maybe have him come in for an "interview" to find out what these "Ghants" looked like that attacked him.  Try to "sort out" what actually happened.   ;D

Start the construction of a military command-and-control center/government bunker in the mountains.  Another bunker should be made in a nearby mountain for civilians.  Tunnels in the bedrock from the capital to the mountains would greatly improve the overall project.

Have the scientists figure out how to make space-based
lasers.

((Guys, when we get uranium, we need to refine it so we can make power-plants and warheads.  Plus depleted Uranium rounds.
The bunkers are for if the city somehow gets overrun.  Also a good place to hide the Stargate silos.))

Give public speech honoring Plops contribution to the jungle battle. Deny Luki'Tune's rumor and start a couple nasty ones about him. Request a test batch of five suites. Pick three soldiers from the jungle battle to join you and She'ish as the first test users of the armor.

Use satellite to keep tabs on Luki'Tune. Look for any reason to lock the motherfucker up. Instruct scientists to experiment with the brain mold. Try to establish a mini hive-mind colony in a terrarium! Keep listening for transmissions that could interest us. Do not respond to anything that we have heard from outside the system so far.

Learn their godamn language already :p

Agreed.  Although, we need to make sure the brain-mold is kept far away from organic matter and preferably the research center would be deep inside of a mountain.  (another good use for bunkers)  Then we should sequence the DNA and keep all samples in such a way that they could be rendered sterile within a moment's notice.
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 27, 2011, 07:46:50 pm »

Bunkers

Bunkers exist underground. We are fighting creatures that primarily attack from underground. I say build em once we deal with the Tremors once and for all.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 27, 2011, 08:18:34 pm »

Bunkers

Bunkers exist underground. We are fighting creatures that primarily attack from underground. I say build em once we deal with the Tremors once and for all.
Yeah, if you've ever seen Tremors(and you should have or you'll make me very sad) you'll know that being underground, even in a bunker, is a Bad Idea.

Have the scientists figure out how to make space-based lasers.
I'm not sure, but I think lasers are actually absorbed by an atmosphere somewhat, making lasers less effective than they would seem(unless the laser is HUGE, in that case atmosphere isn't really a problem). I'd go for a railgun, rocket, or something similar.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2011, 08:22:25 pm »

Bunkers

Yeah, if you've ever seen Tremors(and you should have or you'll make me very sad) you'll know that being underground, even in a bunker, is a Bad Idea.

Have the scientists figure out how to make space-based lasers.
I'm not sure, but I think lasers are actually absorbed by an atmosphere somewhat, making lasers less effective than they would seem(unless the laser is HUGE, in that case atmosphere isn't really a problem). I'd go for a railgun, rocket, or something similar.

Well if your bunker is loaded with weapons and a hardened bad-ass couple ready for Armageddon, you will be fine.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2011, 08:33:14 pm »

When I said bunkers, I didn't mean piddly reinforced concrete under 50 feet of soil.  I meant Bunkers, carved into the bedrock out of the sides of barren mountains.  So that makes tremor attack almost out of the question.

The reason I want lasers or an ion cannon is because then we can burn hostile plant matter from high orbit.  The plants won't be able to get us from high orbit.  Plus the pretty fire/explosions.  :D
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2011, 08:41:59 pm »

The reason I want lasers or an ion cannon is because then we can burn hostile plant matter from high orbit.  The plants won't be able to get us from high orbit.  Plus the pretty fire/explosions.  :D
Oh, I misunderstood what you meant by "space based". I thought you meant on the ground, shooting at space threats. But my point still stands, the atmosphere will absorb some amount of the lasers. I'd suggest having a plasma beam instead, because as far as I know plasma doesn't get absorbed by an atmosphere. Alternatively, you could also use a gigantic magnifying glass.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 27, 2011, 10:30:51 pm »

Oh, I misunderstood what you meant by "space based". I thought you meant on the ground, shooting at space threats. But my point still stands, the atmosphere will absorb some amount of the lasers. I'd suggest having a plasma beam instead, because as far as I know plasma doesn't get absorbed by an atmosphere. Alternatively, you could also use a gigantic magnifying glass.

I say we focus our research into hijacking the hive mind and placing it under our control. It will be risky, but just think, we could order the trees and vines to form our houses, and the Tremors to defend our population. Why destroy what we can possibly manipulate?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 27, 2011, 10:31:53 pm »

I say we focus our research into hijacking the hive mind and placing it under our control. It will be risky, but just think, we could order the trees and vines to form our houses, and the Tremors to defend our population. Why destroy what we can possibly manipulate?

Good plan
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 28, 2011, 02:19:08 pm »

((No manipulating of the hive mind. Its just a symbiotic mold that grows inside the plants and prevents them from eating one another and making it so the forest expands without much competition, its just a relic from when the old civilization started destroying the forest and polluting the atmosphere.
The Underground bunker/city section will cost 7 labor points a turn.))

The Probe nears the encampment and listens in on conversations, and begins to learn the language. It will take a while, around three days.
((6 turns))

Spoiler: Shar'yar (click to show/hide)

What do you do?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 28, 2011, 03:20:35 pm »

Slow down construction of Alpha for now. It is consuming too much of our labor force, and we have more pressing needs. Convert iron into additional mining equipment. Keep listen for transmissions from nearby systems. Name the sentient race on the nearby planet Steamcrawlers. Commission a group of soldiers and diplomats to deal with the Steamcrawlers.

Keep listening. Transmit all data back to colony as you begin to learn.

Give a rousing speech encouraging the Clarokians to join the newly formed Department of Steamcrawler Relations. Offer anybody who volunteers 200 Acres of land once more greenhouse and water purifier kits become available.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: assimilate-u
« Reply #298 on: January 28, 2011, 06:23:21 pm »

We dont need steamcrawler relations.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 28, 2011, 06:28:37 pm »

We dont need steamcrawler relations.

This has already been discussed. I'd much rather get rid of them in a nasty fashion myself, but everybody else thinks we'd be better off exploiting them for resources and labor. I guess that's the next best thing.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22