Bonobo
- 142 (18.7%)
Gorilla
- 157 (20.7%)
People
- 407 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 757

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 153

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!  (Read 575147 times)

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!
« Reply #1800 on: September 01, 2012, 08:00:03 pm »

I just can't wait to see what the next Forgotten Beast is  :D ! I hope it's a Dinosaur of some kind.

Sorry, nothing quite so magnificent.  I present to you: Quelge Thefin Usluh, Forgotten Beast:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: September 01, 2012, 09:17:10 pm »

I can give this one a shot...skinless toad, enormous shell, deadly dust, rhythmic undulation, shot to death, upper body go...you know that the death-u-screen thing always shows the basic body part (i.e. upper body) as missing, right?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

icecold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: September 02, 2012, 06:23:14 am »

Congrats on a well-deserved victory, Knick.  :)
Maybe you should make a series of comics about The Forgotten Beasts From Outer Space?  :D

Now, about that toad...

Spoiler: Quelge Thefin Usluh (click to show/hide)

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #1803 on: September 02, 2012, 06:33:02 am »

Brrr, that is creepy.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: September 02, 2012, 07:29:50 am »

Congrats on a well-deserved victory, Knick.  :)
Maybe you should make a series of comics about The Forgotten Beasts From Outer Space?  :D

Now, about that toad...

Spoiler: Quelge Thefin Usluh (click to show/hide)

Holy shit, man. Game over.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: September 02, 2012, 08:32:00 am »

That shell's not very enormous...

I'll post my Quelge Thefin Hsluh as soon as I remove the skin and get my drawing onto Tinypic or whatever.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: September 02, 2012, 12:41:18 pm »

I've got it!

Spoiler: HUGE Image! (click to show/hide)

Let's give a round of applause for my digital camera, which has left this image a bit bigger than the piece of paper I drew it on!
 Okay, it's not colored, but I included six crudely-drawn dwarves and a bunch of cavern wildlife! And the shell is actually enormous! And the head looks like a skull with some muscle and sinew on it!
Sig

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: September 02, 2012, 03:47:15 pm »

So umm, yeah. Posting to watch.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: September 02, 2012, 04:06:11 pm »

You CAN just hit "notify" on the bottom.
Sig

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: September 02, 2012, 08:07:29 pm »

I can give this one a shot...skinless toad, enormous shell, deadly dust, rhythmic undulation, shot to death, upper body go...you know that the death-u-screen thing always shows the basic body part (i.e. upper body) as missing, right?

Actually, I didn't know that.  Right now, there is only a skeleton and a pool of blood in an underground lake.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: September 02, 2012, 08:48:11 pm »

Actually, I didn't know that.  Right now, there is only a skeleton and a pool of blood in an underground lake.

Well, you learn something new every day! There you go.
How do you like my interpretation of Quelge the Pincushion?
Sig

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: September 02, 2012, 09:39:46 pm »

Notify spams you with emails. Posting in the thread makes it show up in the new replies list. even if you just post an empty-looking post.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: September 02, 2012, 10:00:18 pm »

Well, whaddya know. I just use the notify thingy to get emails.
Sig

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: September 02, 2012, 11:04:43 pm »

Yeah, lots of us check the forums often enough that emails are superfluous.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: September 05, 2012, 10:08:58 am »

Notify spams you with emails. Posting in the thread makes it show up in the new replies list. even if you just post an empty-looking post.
Even a couple emails can seem like spam while new replies list is cool (yeah, I'm just posting for new replies list)
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 153