Bonobo
- 142 (18.7%)
Gorilla
- 157 (20.7%)
People
- 407 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 757

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 153

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!  (Read 575204 times)

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest!
« Reply #1830 on: September 13, 2012, 10:17:39 am »

Yo Knick, mind if I do one based on the pun?

Puns deserve to be free!!  (So no, I don't mind at all and even encourage it.)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

Nyalathoteps_Cousin

• Bay Watcher
  • I wish I'd spelled my name correctly...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: September 13, 2012, 12:23:44 pm »

Apologies for the HORRENDOUS image quality, but My scanner refuses to work in anything but JPEGs, and I cannot be bothered to draw this a second time just to make it larger.

Every time you post an update I am sad because the timer on when another update will be made is reset.

Goddamnit its like crack and I've been injecting it straight into my eyeballs.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: September 13, 2012, 12:31:24 pm »

AHahahaha :D

I really honestly lol'ed there.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: September 13, 2012, 01:48:05 pm »

It's the little dance at the end that makes it work.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: September 13, 2012, 07:56:23 pm »

I like Knicks dwarfs best of all

"Shitting pants"

"Going on break"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: September 13, 2012, 08:18:04 pm »

Dang, I need to get to work on mine...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: September 13, 2012, 09:15:16 pm »

I'm a bit distressed at the silliness coming from this particular contest.  I suppose I have to raise the tone a bit with a second entry.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now that I've done that, I'll go hide my head in shame.

I like Knicks dwarfs best of all

"Going on break"

Thanks for that!  However, if you look closely "going on a break" is actually fitting a bolt into his crossbow.  I think the only thing missing is the golden haired dwarf carrying a baby into battle.  I'm not ashamed to admit I was influenced by some of the "prepare for battle" scenes from Bravemule.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:34:33 pm by Knick »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: September 13, 2012, 09:18:55 pm »

I liked my first FB better, but meh. Also, using my tablet's camera, because why not?

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: September 14, 2012, 04:13:48 am »

Thanks for that!  However, if you look closely "going on a break" is actually fitting a bolt into his crossbow.  I think the only thing missing is the golden haired dwarf carrying a baby into battle.  I'm not ashamed to admit I was influenced by some of the "prepare for battle" scenes from Bravemule.

I thought maybe he was taking the bolt OUT of the crossbow and packing it away. Maybe hes smirking at Urist McSwordsdwarfs distress because marksdwarfs can stand at a safe distance from  the spittle :)

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: September 14, 2012, 04:27:08 am »

Casot

he turned out more kawaii than I wanted but oh well :P
AAAHHHH!  :o
What time is it? Nightmare time!

Lol-worthy indeed! :D
Especially the Vaudeville tap-dance in the last frame.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
« Reply #1840 on: September 14, 2012, 06:46:46 am »

Haven't been here in a while, had some free time this AM at work, sketched up this gem, lol.

Check out my Dwarf Fortress LP!

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: September 14, 2012, 07:26:23 am »

wait... what... bloated? DAMMIT AGAIN!

Well. . . maybe he has some gastro-intestinal problems from all the dwarves he ate.  Or perhaps Castot is a she, and is retaining water.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: September 14, 2012, 04:41:20 pm »

Haven't been here in a while, had some free time this AM at work, sketched up this gem, lol.

That has a nose!
Sig

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: September 14, 2012, 08:04:54 pm »

That has a nose!

It has nostrils.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 153