Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 142

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 614125 times)

AnalysisFailed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #540 on: September 13, 2014, 10:24:16 pm »

Prepare your inbox for massive spam as they sell your contact info.

If you're really worried about that, mailinator.com is for you!
No personal info, no password, just a throwaway email address you type in once, everything in there is public to anyone with the name of the email address though.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 15, 2014, 12:04:27 pm »

Now they are giving away Receiver

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 22, 2014, 12:02:52 pm »

Get some Tropico 3 for free:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #543 on: September 22, 2014, 12:37:50 pm »

Damn it, I missed Receiver. >_>

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 22, 2014, 01:56:17 pm »

I love this thread.

Even if I can't play any of those free games from Humble until I get an internet connection on my home PC or figure out how to get them on this netbook, transfer them to my desktop, and get Steam to run in offline mode while actually offline.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #545 on: September 22, 2014, 02:01:04 pm »

And the best part is that Wally gives us our updates. Too perfect.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 22, 2014, 02:04:34 pm »

Message me and I'll give you a link to my gift copy.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 22, 2014, 02:11:54 pm »

You aren't missing much, trust me. Once you get over the complicated reloading mechanics, the game doesn't have anything else to offer. Just two enemy types, and an endless series of heavily repeated rooms. For a game that was made in a week it's pretty impressive, but you definitely won't be playing it for very long. Which is a shame, because if it had more... everything it'd be a much better game. More guns, more enemies, more rooms, some customization maybe... Then it'd be a great game. Or at least one that doesn't turn grindy/repetitive after 30 minutes.

Indeed. I would have missed Tropico 3 if it wasn't for me. And I've been thinking about getting that game for a while now. And the same with Warlock too. Thanks a lot, Bouchart.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #548 on: September 22, 2014, 02:18:38 pm »

You aren't missing much, trust me. Once you get over the complicated reloading mechanics, the game doesn't have anything else to offer. Just two enemy types, and an endless series of heavily repeated rooms. For a game that was made in a week it's pretty impressive, but you definitely won't be playing it for very long. Which is a shame, because if it had more... everything it'd be a much better game. More guns, more enemies, more rooms, some customization maybe... Then it'd be a great game. Or at least one that doesn't turn grindy/repetitive after 30 minutes.

Indeed. I would have missed Tropico 3 if it wasn't for me. And I've been thinking about getting that game for a while now. And the same with Warlock too. Thanks a lot, Bouchart.
It's a great proof of concept though! Lots of cool stuff can come from something like that.

Tropico 3 isn't so great, IMHO.. It feels so watered down. Pirate Cove was my first and only other experience with Tropico, and it's definitely my favorite of the two. Great music, pretty varied gameplay with all the different scenarios, and pirates are awesome as well. :3

I recommend Sim Tower if you want a really great small-scale management game.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 22, 2014, 02:55:18 pm »

Eh... Yeah, you're right. I guess I mostly hate Receiver because it pretends that it's a full game instead of a proof of concept. And then asks 5$ for a game which basically just replaces the reload command with a bunch more buttons. Eh, whatever.

And if Tropico 3 feels watered down... Then I ought to enjoy the rest of the games then, right? Or something... Priate Cove sounds freaking awesome. I guess I'll start looking at that now.

I have looked at Sim Tower before. But I guess I always got distracted before I thought about getting it or something.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #550 on: September 22, 2014, 03:05:15 pm »

I only ever played Tropico 1 and 2 (Pirate Cove). I'm guessing 1 is very much like 3 and 4 though. Because 2 plays quite differently than the first one. I guess that's why some people don't like it and don't even consider it to be "Tropico" but eh, I like them both for different reasons.

You can also get receiver for free if you buy Overgrowth. I personally wouldn't mind paying 5$ for a proof-of-concept game if it seemed like it has an interesting concept, but what do I know.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #551 on: September 22, 2014, 03:55:46 pm »

Eh... Yeah, you're right. I guess I mostly hate Receiver because it pretends that it's a full game instead of a proof of concept. And then asks 5$ for a game which basically just replaces the reload command with a bunch more buttons. Eh, whatever.

And if Tropico 3 feels watered down... Then I ought to enjoy the rest of the games then, right? Or something... Priate Cove sounds freaking awesome. I guess I'll start looking at that now.

I have looked at Sim Tower before. But I guess I always got distracted before I thought about getting it or something.
Fair enough.

I think I'm just biased because I resent what EA has done to the Sims and Sim City. I'm no long-time player of Tropico, so don't rate my opinion too terribly high when it comes to that franchise. :p

Sim Tower is super super super fun. A bit dated, but the UI works great and that's all I need from a game; playability and fun come first, then graphics, but the most important thing I find is style. Game doesn't have to be all CG'd up to look good, if you know what I mean. A lot of flash game developers have tried to emulate it over the years, to varying degrees of success. Sim Tower is that perfect mix of realism combined with fun that you get from the classic Sim games.

nicholasneko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 01, 2014, 05:43:27 am »

Rather then simtower find yourself a copy of Yoot tower. Its the Sim tower game Japan got. It looks like the same game but with quite a few little differences that make it more enjoyable to play. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoot_Tower

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #553 on: October 01, 2014, 08:46:12 am »

Rather then simtower find yourself a copy of Yoot tower. Its the Sim tower game Japan got. It looks like the same game but with quite a few little differences that make it more enjoyable to play. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoot_Tower
It's literally the exact same thing. :p The ability to pick scenarios and build even bigger towers is a big plus though.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 04, 2014, 10:58:59 am »

http://www.dlh.net/en/gaming-news/46294/free-steam-key-for-pirates-of-black-cove-gold-edition.html

DLH is giving away free Steam keys for Pirates of Black Cove Gold.

Considering the other games they've given away haven't been that good I wouldn't have high expectations for this either.  But you may as well pick it up.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 142