Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 191106 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 80 (In which the Wolverines wander into Goblin-Thermopylae)
« Reply #1455 on: May 14, 2011, 06:43:39 am »

WOLVERINES

The party talks it over and decides that, perhaps if there were more people with them, they could take the village... but they're not going to get themselves killed. They withdraw without disturbing the goblins and head back down the original path. (MAR: 8. You guys are either lucky or these goblins are really stupid. >.>) Once again the four of them manage sneak up on a group of goblins: three on foot, and one riding a giant boar. That one could be trouble...

NIGHTCRAWLERS

(INITIATIVE)

MALLEUS RAULAT

Spinning your axe around for momentum, you approach (1) Zombie 4. (7 vs 3+2; Critical Success, 2d6x2+25%; 25 damage and kill) You end the charge by bringing the axe down hard enough to split the zombie in two from crown to groin, and the two halves fall away from each other!

ZOMBIE 5

After a moment of watching Pierre, the zombie lunges at him again! (6+3 vs 8+3)

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

(7+1 vs 4+2; 8+1-1Ineffective Weapon > Massive Success, 2d4x2; 14 damage and kill) ...but you are more than ready for his attack and thrust the rapier into the zombie's left eye, catching his body with your shield! After a moment you throw the corpse away, certain that it's finished now.

CLAIRE ROSARA

You find where Malakai's hiding and move to protect him. (6 > Minor Success, +1 to defense this round)

ZOMBIE 6

The zombie looks from one party member to another. (3) It rushes at Malakai, but Claire intercepts it! (6+3 vs 5+1; Minor Success, 1d4; 4 damage) Unable to get past her, it punches her in the stomach, thus earning itself boos from the nonexistant crowd for hitting a woman.

MALAKAI RITT

You hide behind Claire and summon a shadow demon! (-4 MP) The demon appears behind the zombie and immediately goes on the attack. (4 vs 1+2; Major Success, 2d4; 7 damage) It slams a claw into the zombie's spine, lodging it in the corpse's spine and yanking it back, away from you and Claire.

Spoiler: HP/MP (click to show/hide)

------------------------------

That eight gives Frenz six total, and that means a skill-up. ^^ Malleus & Pierre also have 15 eights / 1 skill-up.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 81 (In which Malleus & Pierre annihilate their targets)
« Reply #1456 on: May 14, 2011, 06:51:19 am »

Finish off the remaining zombie with my rapier in an over-the-top incredibly fancy and time-consuming thrust.

Skill-up, huh? Hmm...I'll take Fancy Footwork Lvl 2. Gotta keep that dodging up so I can tank AND dodge.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: May 14, 2011, 06:56:58 am »

Nuke a goblin, invoking my insta-crit ability. Then nuke another one. If possible, the rider.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 09:57:57 am by Darvi »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: May 14, 2011, 07:18:40 am »

"These Goblins are quite dim..."

Double fireball on the Goblin riding the boar!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: May 14, 2011, 07:50:21 am »

Lets do it gents!

Activate surgical precision. Pound a goblin into the ground like a tent peg!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 12:12:05 pm by Zako »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: May 14, 2011, 08:57:03 am »

Noooooo! Don't kill the boar, I want to tame it :(
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: May 14, 2011, 08:58:24 am »

finish it off
+1 to hitting the target
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: May 14, 2011, 09:04:33 am »

Like you could feasibly tame that thing. And what on earth would you do with it?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: May 14, 2011, 09:43:53 am »

I can do anything on a roll of 5 or 6!

Also, combat pet+possible mount. We'll see if it survives the battle, then I'll try to tame it.

It will be worth more as an ally beast than cut up into pork chops by Zako, which is what we'll probably end up doing...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: May 14, 2011, 09:48:46 am »

Logic demands that if a goblin is riding it, then it has already been tamed by THEM and will be hostile towards us. I'm not letting you get gored trying to tame that damn thing. Plus, pork chops can heal us if we eat them.  ;)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: May 14, 2011, 09:52:41 am »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: May 14, 2011, 09:55:58 am »

Time for me to run in and settle things. :3 Frenz could pull a Lord of Shadows and use his whip to hop on the back of the boar and control it, assuming the goblin on it got killed off first (good idea targeting the rider with magic rather than the whole enemy unit, as it were ^^). Of course the boar will only be temporarily useful since if you have to move vertically (and this being a mountain, that's quite likely) it won't be able to follow... at which point you can let Daniel take his knife to it and make dinner for everyone. :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: May 14, 2011, 10:35:26 am »

I think it's worth it. I think a boar would only be loyal to those that feed it, and I can tempt it with my rations.

Also, the boar is probably going to be a damage sponge anyway-let's kill all the Goblins first, which will have lower health, then try to tame it.

Also Darvi pretty much nailed it. Guess what game I've been playing lately on my old gamecube.... :)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: May 14, 2011, 12:11:06 pm »

Sigh, well if you want to play it the hard way, fine. Just dont cry when you almost get gored. Changing my action.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: May 14, 2011, 01:36:26 pm »

''Ah, a giant boar, like the ones back home''
Whip the rider off and attempt to lord of shadows-style swing my way onto the boar  :P
((Now then, lets hope i don't screw up too badly, eh?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 01:38:18 pm by Grimmjow6th »
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 288