Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 189268 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 140 (Imps on Ice; Lucky Arrows)
« Reply #3720 on: November 17, 2011, 07:41:36 pm »

No problem, Powder. Want to pre-plan your character? Also, turn in a bit. I need to check RtASL and finishing doing some o the laundry. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: November 17, 2011, 07:44:47 pm »

Sure... Lemme PM you...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: November 17, 2011, 07:47:34 pm »

No problem, I usually handle character work that way. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: November 17, 2011, 07:50:12 pm »

Err... sorry for spamming you with pms, SC... I kinda thought of ideas AFTER I PMed you...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: November 17, 2011, 07:59:43 pm »

Again, it's all good. No worries. :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: November 17, 2011, 08:37:26 pm »

Hmm. While talking with Powder about his character, something occurred to me. It's impossible for almost all of the PCs and enemies to roll Massive Failures (since most have at least +1 to damage) on damage rolls, meaning only Pierre and Tariq can get counter-attack opportunities. What do you think about me ruling that a 1 is a 1, no matter how much +damage you have? With the change, Alexander currently has the greatest damage potential (+2 Class Evo +2 Skill and potentially +3 Werewolf Attack and +1 Frenz's Inspiring Noble for a total of +8) so even if he rolled a 2 he could still do a lot of damage; he'd only have to worry about a 1. Currently I'm very much in favor of this, but I want to get some feedback ( or at least warn y'all :p) before I implement the change.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: November 17, 2011, 08:46:18 pm »

Oh, that'd be great.

Although I imagine the consequences of a 1 would be very bad for my char's weapon...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: November 17, 2011, 09:07:44 pm »

I'd approve it.

One of Greenmoores old skills gives counter immunity from ghostly enemies, which he has never used before for some reason. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: November 17, 2011, 09:11:52 pm »

Because he's not in his tower yet. :P Seriously though, the Catacombs and the Clock Tower particularly will have more ghost antagonists and flying medusa heads over bottomless pits.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: November 17, 2011, 11:52:18 pm »

I BLAME DRAIGNEAN FOR NOT RUNNING A TURN YET. :P TNA is on tonight as well so I'm about to get around to watching that soon; hopefully after that's over I'll still be awake enough to run one.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: November 18, 2011, 05:21:06 am »

Hmm. While talking with Powder about his character, something occurred to me. It's impossible for almost all of the PCs and enemies to roll Massive Failures (since most have at least +1 to damage) on damage rolls, meaning only Pierre and Tariq can get counter-attack opportunities. What do you think about me ruling that a 1 is a 1, no matter how much +damage you have? With the change, Alexander currently has the greatest damage potential (+2 Class Evo +2 Skill and potentially +3 Werewolf Attack and +1 Frenz's Inspiring Noble for a total of +8) so even if he rolled a 2 he could still do a lot of damage; he'd only have to worry about a 1. Currently I'm very much in favor of this, but I want to get some feedback ( or at least warn y'all :p) before I implement the change.

More counter-attack opportunities?

Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: November 18, 2011, 07:15:15 am »

Agreed on the counter-attack thing I have an idea i like more but it would involve more rolling so thats all I will say
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: November 18, 2011, 10:37:36 am »

Agreed on the counter-attack thing I have an idea i like more but it would involve more rolling so thats all I will say

While I'm generally leery of more rolling, I am still at heart a curious cat and you must now elaborate. That's the price you pay for saying you have an idea. :P

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: November 18, 2011, 03:42:21 pm »

If they got a 1 and they would not have crit failed with their bonus, roll another dice (probably slammer than d8) and if that one gets 1 then there is a counter attack.

This is inspired (but greatly changed) from D&D 3rd-ed's confirming of criticals
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: November 18, 2011, 06:11:38 pm »

Eh, if I may pitch my opinion, I think that's a bit too low of a chance- just failing 1-level-hard enough should be good.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 288