Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31

Author Topic: GearHead 2 - Mecha Roguelike  (Read 53822 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GearHead 2 - Mecha Roguelike
« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2011, 09:19:23 am »

Edit: God I hate the massive distances you move when firing in a fast hoverfighter/aerofighter. I've "lost" like 5 missions by moving 6 spaces at once after firing a shot.

Edit2: Fun fact, probably exploity. With the lancemate having JoAT, I can wander around maskless in an airless environment taking bits of damage while he cures me, and that quickly builds up max HP.

RE Edit-> I usually use lancemates to pilot hoverfighters/aerofighters for that reason and because they're so flimsy.  Granted, you'll rarely get hit in such craft, but it tends to be fatal if enemy weapons connects.

RE Edit2->Bet your lancemate also getting XP like no tommorow.  Awesome exploit.  It should also work with medically-trained lancemates, if you want a character with controlled skill gain.  Looks like you lancemate is gonna make your PC look like a chump, lol.
I've got him flying a custom Corriach with a 84 range BV4 DC16 railgun and a DC7 BURN HYPER immolation cannon, plus an intercept cannon and a pair of Swarm 60 launchers. Myself and my other lancemate are running around in a pair of Zero Savins. DC 10 ARMORPIERCING HYPER is broken badly.

As for the other part, yeah, tons of xp. He's already surpassed my main character in total XP. It is amazing how effective he is and the number of skills he automatically uses in combat like mysticism is amazing. I wish I knew what mysticism does for mecha combat, but even with lower skills in pilot and gunnery he's stronger then my other lancemate who has 10's in the mecha skills.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2011, 11:38:10 am »

Do 2nd and later lancemates give you mini-quests? So far it seems only the first one do that. What if he/she dies? Will your other lancemates take over the mini-quests giving role?

You gotta love when they take you to their favorite scrap yard though. I just found a Fearsome Mod Puma -2/-2/+2 (while piloting Haiho and Daum), which has interesting weapons.

Incendiary missiles
Chain whip (Extend Rng:8 and Flail)
Zhuge Nu (Armor piercing and 100 ammo)
Fist of Heaven (DC5x10 Nuclear Hyper 30 ammo)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2011, 01:01:44 pm »

There's always random weapons lying around those sites. Gotta love em. Especially the possible random ammo they all have. Nothing like shooting building materials at your foes.

As an aside, I recently picked up a Tauner for 300k. Its a little 19 ton mech, with relatively little in the way of weaponry or features, except for the fact that its a ground car that comes with a turret. What should I do with it? Yes, I know its always gonna be crappy, but compared to a lot of mechs it has a heck of a ton of health.

Edit:Spoiler contains definite exploit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 02:27:42 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Emong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 08, 2011, 09:08:13 pm »

Huh, the next story mission tells me that the people I'm looking for 'may be in Wagner Station Exterior,' but there's no quest mark out there and I'm not quite sure what to do.

Am I just supposed to wander around out there until I find them?

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2011, 10:03:09 pm »

Yeah. Just wander around the Exterior for a bit and you'll be attacked, furthering the quest. It can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Emong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 08, 2011, 10:36:41 pm »

Yeah. Just wander around the Exterior for a bit and you'll be attacked, furthering the quest. It can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes.

Thanks!

Also my Reflexes and Speed are being debuffed by something and I have no idea what. My character doesn't have anything listed in the injuries screen, and it doesn't seem to be equipment related.

Ale and Axes

• Bay Watcher
  • Chug - Swipe - Cheer
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 08, 2011, 11:21:00 pm »

It sounds like over-encumberance. Maybe check out how heavy your equipment is. Unless you have a Body stat like 12+, you can't carry very much at all before it starts slowing you down.

If it's not that then it might be a very slight bad mood.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2011, 12:18:59 am »

Alternatively, your character might be hungry. Check out a restaurant?
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Emong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2011, 12:24:38 am »

Yep, I was over encumbrance. I was carrying around a dozen or so rations for some reason.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 09, 2011, 03:07:13 am »

Sometimes the random generator is very annoying... several times I can't find a single repair fuel for sale in the whole spinner. :/

Also, what are your end-game characters like? How many stat points and skill points do you have?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 09, 2011, 03:12:30 am »

Don't know if you saw my post earlier, but there's one there.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 09, 2011, 05:13:49 am »

I've decided to take a break from the storyline and mecha combat and do some diving at Caley mine. I got a mission to deliver an Urn to the lower mines, L5, and I've dropped it there, but the guy doesn't seem to think that's enough. Am I missing something?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 09, 2011, 05:23:26 am »

Are you sure you're in the "lower mines"? There are three or four levels(meaning, eh, separate "sections", each with it's own depth-level count) to the Cayley mines, you know. Lower mines is the second one.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 09, 2011, 05:38:13 am »

Don't know if you saw my post earlier, but there's one there.

That's significantly a lot more XP than mine (2-3 more in skills, 2-4 more in stats), who's struggling at the final battle against a big bad. So I've been doing it wrong...

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 09, 2011, 05:40:23 am »

Maybe, maybe not. You do get your last talent at 100k XP, so that's what I aimed for.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31