Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31

Author Topic: GearHead 2 - Mecha Roguelike  (Read 53832 times)

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GearHead 2 - Mecha Roguelike
« Reply #375 on: April 15, 2011, 03:23:29 pm »

Ok, I'm back with another problem...

Ran into a plot deadend I can't get around. Do any of you know a way to fix or get around this problem? Things were just getting good too  :(. Don't really wanna start over again if I don't have too.
My personality profile.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 15, 2011, 03:46:45 pm »

I've gotten the Plot Dead End a total of twice.

Nothing you can do except make a new character or start a new RPG  :-\
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 15, 2011, 04:21:00 pm »

Damn, well atleast I found a backup save from before the offending mission. I can just tell off the mission giver and pick another "whatcha gunna do now?" mission.

-EDIT-

Turns out that didn't work  >:(

Oh well, needed to work on my DF fort anyways.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 06:38:34 pm by Grimshot »
My personality profile.

Emong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 15, 2011, 04:22:10 pm »

The wiki mentions that if you build a robot and there are any points left over it gets some perks, but what perks are those? I don't see them listed anywhere.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 15, 2011, 04:55:29 pm »

I'm fairly sure they're just stat bonuses.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 15, 2011, 07:42:57 pm »

I think my game is borked. No new rumors, and that mechanic still isn't acknowledging that I did her quest(except for the nifty grenade launcher, which is actually a mecha weapon).

Kinda sucks too, since I found Savins for sale at a general store.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 21, 2011, 04:48:07 pm »

I've been trying to play GearHead 1, and whenever I run it I get:
Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)
and
Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 21, 2011, 06:16:59 pm »

I've been trying to play GearHead 1, and whenever I run it I get:
<Snip>

Did you download the SDL images, too?
If i recall correctly, they're not packaged with it, and you get an error very similar to that if you don't have them.
Check the sourceforge page here for them if you don't have them and see if that fixes your problem.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 26, 2011, 12:20:27 am »

So...

My internet was down most of today, so I fooled around with the Gearhead files and did some modding. I didn't do much, just added a new mech. It's based on the Strike/Impulse Gundams, in that there's the 'base' mech, which is rather crappy, and 4 variations of the mech.

The first one (Aile) has a Flight Pack which is Storage with Flight Jets attached, meaning it can indefinitely fly.

The second (Sword) is a close range variant featuring two swords and a Hookshot that inflicts Haywire.

The third (Blast) is a long range version which has a small battery and a bigass beam cannon in the arms, and a mounted minigun.

And the final one is an 'IWSP' pack which combines all the other packs. The IWSP has the Flight Pack (With weaker Flight Jets) and the Blast's beam cannon mounted onto it. It also has one of the swords from the Sword version, and is good at both melee and ranged combat.

Yes I was bored.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 15, 2011, 07:11:24 pm »

A bit of resurrection, if no one minds. For those of you who still play, I was wondering- how far along has GH 2 come?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #385 on: October 15, 2011, 07:15:33 pm »

I think he's currently in the middle of porting it to lua (I think?)

He started doing that a while back so I'm not really sure if he's stopped or if it's just taking forever or what.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 15, 2011, 07:27:59 pm »

I think he's currently in the middle of porting it to lua (I think?)

He started doing that a while back so I'm not really sure if he's stopped or if it's just taking forever or what.

I assume that it is to be finished in lua, then, and is not already..?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 15, 2011, 07:43:33 pm »

It's playable-until-victory as-is, with the non-lua version. Just kinda' barebones and empty in some places, plus some of the features aren't as sexy as they could be.

GH2's being ported to lua primarily (caveat: iirc. The thread on the GH forums about the lua port gives the full reasons, I think -- check the general discussion subforum over there) because JH (the dev) has found he doesn't really have the time to implement the amount of content he'd like to, so he's shifting the majority of GH into something other people have an easier time of using (The only part of not-Lua GH that's not an absolute bitpain to mod is items and mecha. More substantial content is just a mess for anyone not conversant in pascal/whatever it is GH2 is using, apparently.). I.e. making it so that interested community members can shoulder some of the burden of fleshing out GH2's content (missions, spinners, etc, etc, etc.) and sexing up the unsexy bits..
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 16, 2011, 01:09:54 am »

I might give it a swing. Was having fun playing the first game, but needing to stop to rest and find decent food (which is not always abundant) is taking up most of the gameplay. I find my character suffering from crippling stat penalties almost every three minutes. I can understand presenting a tax or challenge for players, but this has become just stupidly tedious...

I don't suppose the food-mood system was improved/discarded in the second game..?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 16, 2011, 01:29:16 am »

Improved, or at least made trivial by the other changes. Mood is reasonable to keep up, just go to a bar and take some shots. Food is pretty easy since every spaceport sells tubesteaks. It's still there, but not an issue unless you die, in which case you get despondent.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31