Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 74

Author Topic: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Game Over, nobody wins >:I  (Read 179668 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Why Would You Do That?: A Mafia Misadventure: Day 5, 7/13, LIFE IS GOOD
« Reply #915 on: June 19, 2011, 08:57:52 pm »

Jedi insight

No. The mafia cannot win until it isn't possible for them to lose.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 19, 2011, 09:23:57 pm »

Is it possible? Yes. WILL they? Maybe.

Is Pandarsenic stupid enough to include 2 cults? No. Is Pand stupid enough to have a false-flipping cult head? I don't think so.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 19, 2011, 09:56:18 pm »

Is Pandarsenic stupid enough to include 2 cults? No. Is Pand stupid enough to have a false-flipping cult head? I don't think so.

One simple response: "When killed, a Zombie becomes a Chrysalid of Cult alignment unless lynched."
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 19, 2011, 10:22:37 pm »

I see, I see...

Hm...

Jack A T is almost certainly Mafia. Ain'tcha?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 19, 2011, 11:35:33 pm »

Actually, I'm not.  I'm a member of a faction that, if what I'm thinking happens to be correct, is keeping the mafia from winning right now.

And I just tore apart your whole "The revive proves that Mr. Person is town" idea by asking Pandarsenic a question.

And you, for one, know that there happens to be at least one chrysalid alive at the moment.  I know that you know that.

Now, why should the town work with me?  Two reasons:
1. When the Chrysalids win, all surviving zombies win too.
2. Because, frankly, working with me is more likely to get you the slightest chance of a town victory than not working with me.  Most of the people I think are mafiosoes happen to have not posted yet, for example.

Also, as a side note, Webadict, I love how you haven't actually bothered to vote yet.  Even though you're so sure that I'm mafia and trying to get a townie killed.

To summarize: Webadict's argument sucks, and I'm a Chrysalid.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 19, 2011, 11:58:39 pm »

Actually, I'm not.  I'm a member of a faction that, if what I'm thinking happens to be correct, is keeping the mafia from winning right now.

And I just tore apart your whole "The revive proves that Mr. Person is town" idea by asking Pandarsenic a question.

And you, for one, know that there happens to be at least one chrysalid alive at the moment.  I know that you know that.

Now, why should the town work with me?  Two reasons:
1. When the Chrysalids win, all surviving zombies win too.
2. Because, frankly, working with me is more likely to get you the slightest chance of a town victory than not working with me.  Most of the people I think are mafiosoes happen to have not posted yet, for example.

Also, as a side note, Webadict, I love how you haven't actually bothered to vote yet.  Even though you're so sure that I'm mafia and trying to get a townie killed.

To summarize: Webadict's argument sucks, and I'm a Chrysalid.
Here's the reason: There's likely 3 Mafia right now, and my role makes townies revives instead of losing. Which is why I'm certain he's Town.

Also, you have no idea what you're talking about.

No one is Cult. You want to know why?

They turn into Zombies first, idiot. Jack A T. If you're going to fakeclaim, then fakeclaim a role that exists. You turn into a Chrysallid whenever you, as a Zombie, are killed. You, of course, revive, and then continue being alive.

I don't believe you can prove that you revived, since you didn't. Nice try though.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 20, 2011, 12:15:27 am »

I want to hear more from Jack AT. When did you join the Chrysalids? Why are you claiming it out publically now?

Protip: The mafia are going to murder your ass dead if your claim is true, so we all have to work under the assumption it isn't. Personally, I find it more likely there were only 3 mafia members to begin with what with the MILLIONS of third parties in attendance here tonight.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 20, 2011, 12:45:49 am »

Webadict:

Ah, so you finally vote.

Interesting.  What's most interesting is your claim to have a role other than "Zombie" at this point, my good friend.  Unvote, vote Webadict.

I never revived to become a Chrysalid.  I never had to.  I am the original.

Jim Groovester was nightkilled Night 2.  Instead of dying, he became a Chrysalid.  Please reread the wording of the Chrysalid role, and note the lack of mention of reviving.  It acts more like the person never died in the first place.  He just changed.

Jim's original role was Rogue, by the way.  To quote him (in Cultchat), "My sole purpose in life was to kill the Roguelike with my one shot kill. Then both of us would win. If I was wrong I lost the game."

On your role, I was waiting for you to claim like that.  I zombified you.  Today.  After your first post.  I received confirmation of the zombification before your second post today.

Quick question, to make a point:
Pandarsenic: Does the Zombie/Chrysalid death conversion process work as I explained it in this post?

PPE:
I want to hear more from Jack AT. When did you join the Chrysalids? Why are you claiming it out publically now?

Protip: The mafia are going to murder your ass dead if your claim is true, so we all have to work under the assumption it isn't. Personally, I find it more likely there were only 3 mafia members to begin with what with the MILLIONS of third parties in attendance here tonight.
Bonjour.  As stated above, I'm the original chrysalid.  I'm claiming it publicly because I basically seemed to be screwed if I didn't.  With my general level of activity, I'm a likely mafia target anyway.  Having the town hunting the cult down just wouldn't help much either.  The general level of activity looked like it could be pulled to our (chrysalids and zombies) advantage, and I had the whole "zombies win with chrysalids" thing on my side.  That, and I'm getting a strong 4 mafia feeling from the game.  If I'm going to die, I'm going to die fighting.

I know the mafia's going to kill me.  However, there haven't been that many good targets for them to kill, and I've been one of those few targets.  I'm not increasing my chance of death much.

I'm really, really hoping that I'm wrong and that there are three mafia members.  However, it feels to me like there are four.

Is anyone actually playing other than Webadict, Mr. Person, and I?  Anyone?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 20, 2011, 02:18:53 am »

Unvote

Well... Thought I caught you *sigh* and you know about my zombification, so I can pretty much trust you on that whole claim. However, Mr. Person was likely revived from my effect, but that's gone, thanks to you (Pandarsenic wasn't clear when I was turned into a Zombie, because he thinks I can read minds. Was it last Night?) So, fine. I can't lynch you because that doesn't stop the Mafia and because you're technically a... Err... Second chance to win, just in case >.>

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 20, 2011, 10:15:43 am »

Yeah, I'm here. This game is confusing as Hell, so I'm watching for now. I'm very interested to see the end of this debate, however.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 20, 2011, 01:48:26 pm »

Some weird shit is going down. Or everything is normal and we're all fucked.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 20, 2011, 11:51:24 pm »

Well... Thought I caught you *sigh* and you know about my zombification, so I can pretty much trust you on that whole claim. However, Mr. Person was likely revived from my effect, but that's gone, thanks to you (Pandarsenic wasn't clear when I was turned into a Zombie, because he thinks I can read minds. Was it last Night?) So, fine. I can't lynch you because that doesn't stop the Mafia and because you're technically a... Err... Second chance to win, just in case >.>

I turned you into a zombie today, after your first post.  It's an X power, which means I can use it at any time.

Unvote.  It looks like all we managed to do was get caught up in a mass of traps and misinterpretations.

Could you, by chance, give a fullclaim of your previous role and actions?  This kind of messed up my scumpicks a good bit, and I need to get more information to rethink them.

Actually, y'know, that could be a good thing for all zombies to do.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 21, 2011, 08:27:47 am »

My role name was "Why Would You Do That? (Town)" My ability was that while I was alive, my team could not lose. Instead, if I were about to lose, a random player of my alignment would resurrect, hence why I'm a little angry at you for Culting me, as I am now a powerless Zombie.

However, that's how I know Mr. Person is Town, as I'm pretty sure there are 3 Mafia.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 21, 2011, 04:18:16 pm »

Does anybody else want to counterclaim reviving me?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 21, 2011, 04:36:46 pm »

By the way, I was PFP before. My role name is "Why Would You Do That: A Mafia Misadventure"

Just so that it's fully correct.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 74