Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 339140 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1050 on: November 11, 2011, 07:52:05 am »

Also, why do Diamond Dogs have [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK]?

Otherwise, they die off in world gen. Also, if you want them to be a chalange at all, it might be best to increase there size a bit.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 11, 2011, 08:50:16 am »

Can you make unicorn horns a material that's used for special crafting/moods, much like the shells are in DF proper?

Seems like a very fitting material for the ponies to have, especially for crafting artifacts.

Plus I want to see a artifact pony horn necklace.  :P
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 11, 2011, 08:54:28 am »

You could make a special material template and use it for the horn tissue.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: November 11, 2011, 09:20:11 am »

Can you make unicorn horns a material that's used for special crafting/moods, much like the shells are in DF proper?

Seems like a very fitting material for the ponies to have, especially for crafting artifacts.

Plus I want to see a artifact pony horn necklace.  :P

It's doable, but unless the pony race was a cannibal, they wouldn't butcher other ponies, barring fell moods.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: November 11, 2011, 09:57:46 am »

It's doable, but unless the pony race was a cannibal, they wouldn't butcher other ponies, barring fell moods.

Well, two out of three of them are, sooo... :D

Also, I actualy dont agree with having pegusi attack with there wings. While they are undoubtly powerful, it seems that using ones most fragile part of your body to pummel someone is not as useful as using them to fly around and kick things with those four deadly weapons they have. While it is true that it makes sence for them to use them in combat, I would think that it may lead to expert spearpony/axeponys/ect going " Hey, let me fly closer to that hydra; I am going to slap it with my wings!" and have them get injured or, celestia forbid, broken or ripped off in mid-flight.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: November 11, 2011, 10:38:19 am »

Also, I actualy dont agree with having pegusi attack with there wings. While they are undoubtly powerful, it seems that using ones most fragile part of your body to pummel someone is not as useful as using them to fly around and kick things with those four deadly weapons they have.

I'm pretty sure I've seen pegasi grappling things with their wings too, which is a bit odd as well.  Amusing though, when it's something 10x bigger than they are.  Since wing attacks are presumably much less dangerous than bucking though, it's not that big of a deal to me.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: November 11, 2011, 10:56:25 am »

Wings are being used in wrestling because they are [LIMB]s, and unless you remove that tag from them (which might have odd consequences), it can't be prevented.

And while pegasi themselves shouldn't attack with their wings, any sorts of pegasi-shaped elemental or golem, made of stone or metal, may simply treat their wings as a permanently attached, very flexible array of swords.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: November 11, 2011, 12:48:17 pm »

And while pegasi themselves shouldn't attack with their wings, any sorts of pegasi-shaped elemental or golem, made of stone or metal, may simply treat their wings as a permanently attached, very flexible array of swords.

Now thats a scary thought: A equine with the ability to literaly flank a pony with a sword on its back.
Leg-chopping for all! Even more interesting if the wing itself was whiplike, and the feathers  were arrangments of spikes/razors....

Much testing to due, apperently. :o

Wings are being used in wrestling because they are [LIMB]s, and unless you remove that tag from them (which might have odd consequences), it can't be prevented.

I think this has to due with the fact that tag is needed for all sorts of movement, and if it was removed it would cause them to be flightless.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 03:07:05 pm by Pokon »

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: November 11, 2011, 01:24:20 pm »

I've been trying to remove the unusual buffalo, zebra, and griffon castes, and have run into a load of work. Names and learning rates being the main culprits, as there is no "standard" one for any of them. With the griffon civ, renaming is especially time consuming since the civ standard is lion, even though there AREN'T normal lions as a caste. Having to rename the buffalo showed that they have gender specific caste NAMES. While this is okay, it is completely inconsistent, since you don't call them unicorn mares, or pegasus fillies. While looking over all the files, I also noticed that diamond dogs are a bit small. Furthermore, I wish to remove cave ponies altogether, but the fact that their castes are reproduced within the rainbow pony files makes this a bit of a chore. Is there any way to speed all this up? Also, would it be possible to add river based megabeasts? [PREFSTRING:fabulous mustaches]

EDIT: Also, why do Diamond Dogs have [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK]?

EDIT2: And come to think of it, what are the bird's nests for?

Well, with buffalo you've got plains and wood versions, as well as the eagles, so for show accuracy you should probably go with plains. Show-accurate zebras would be the aziza castes, based on African fairy folk that live in the forests and are associated with fire and hunting. Good point on the inconsistency of gendered naming.
Diamond dog size-up has been requested a couple of times, I'll do that. Cave pony castes are added into the rainbows as a block, I'll make the distinction clearer in the raws, but you basically just need to cut out everything from [CASTE:FEMALE_DRALTHA] to the end of [CASTE:MALE_UNDERLORD], just before [SELECT_CASTE:ALL], then down to the descriptions(which are an ugly wall of text, I know, I'll fix that as much as I can) and wipe everything from [SELECT_CASTE:FEMALE_DRALTHA] down to the end of [SELECT_CASTE:MALE_UNDERLORD] just before [SELECT_CASTE:ALL] again. Really, the only way to speed it up is for me to make it easier to see at glance what's what with spacing and notes.

Couple of bugs to report: unicorns in creature_standard are missing the [PET] tag for some reason, you can add it back in in a game in progress, just do it in the save raws as well as the mane raws. Now you can have unicorn butter!
Star stalk roots are producing "star stalk none" as a result of process to barrel reactions, to stop this remove the [EXTRACT_BARREL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:EXTRACT] tag from them. I'll probably make them brewable when I update.
I'll probably release an update sometime within the next two weeks for bug squashing, and I'll see about rejigging world gen settings, perhaps limiting certain entities to just two or three civs.

Lost a fort the other day as a result of making too much whip vine cookie dough. The diomedians love that stuff, apparently.

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: November 11, 2011, 02:05:24 pm »

Now thats a scary thought: A equine with the ability to literaly flank a pony with a sword on its back.
Leg-chopping for all! Even more ineresting if the wing itself was whiplike, and the feather ary were arrangment of spikes/razors....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Heh-heh, sorry had to post this.
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: November 11, 2011, 02:09:28 pm »

Nah, that's just telekinesis. This is closer to the mark:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Vandala

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: November 11, 2011, 02:51:45 pm »

Unsettling yet awesome.
Working on the "Dwarf Fortress Mod Creation Kit"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102881.0

GO BUY STARFARER NOW!!!! It's crazy awesome!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: November 11, 2011, 03:14:28 pm »

Great, how long will it take before someone draws up some horrific cybernetic alicornish abomination with so much machinery attached to it that it is hard to tell where the pony starts and the metal begins?

That was a request, by the way.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: November 11, 2011, 03:43:36 pm »

Sean, that's still a spoiler!

Oh, well.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: November 11, 2011, 04:12:30 pm »

Great, how long will it take before someone draws up some horrific cybernetic alicornish abomination with so much machinery attached to it that it is hard to tell where the pony starts and the metal begins?

That was a request, by the way.

...or maybe someone could draw a better version of FlutterKerrigan than the one I found.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 140