Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 701351 times)

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Can't you hear the beating?
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks

How's this mecha RTD gonna work, whats the system your using look like?

This is a basic form of the "menu" screen for the four mecha pilot bots. There will also be a mech screen. So each person gets two "menu screens".

Detailing it from top left and clockwise:
-Name of bot.
-Inventory.
-Stats.
-Image of character with equipment.
--The equipment will get its own section detailing what it does.
-The health and energy part is missing, didnt get them on.

Im thinking about using a D20 with the rolls going:

1: Colossal Failure: Even simple tasks gives poor or worse outcomes, larger tasks are catastrophic.
2-9: Generic failure: Ah nuts. Simple loss.
10-15: Generic victory: Ah good, the outcome is favorable.
16-19: Extraordinary victory: My my! If there are any bumps in the road from this its just another pile of loot to get!
20: Overshot: ...Maybe that whent TOO well.

Images will be used to detail your movement through the halls of the complex that you will travel, while text will detail what is going on. Anyone familiar with the forum games I have run before will find this familiar.

EDIT: Also, there are different stats for mech and pilot, its the pilot's stats that are used for most dice rolls, mech's stats are for combat.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:41:14 am by Dexexe1234 »

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

If you enjoy my work, please view my website and also consider clicking the Patreon button! You might even be interested enough to pay me a little so I can keep living!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please pre-in. D:<
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks

Guess we got our four bots!

Caellath, Tiruin, freeformschooler and digital!

hahaha, I am still toying with the HUD, but I might get the thread up soon.

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

If you enjoy my work, please view my website and also consider clicking the Patreon button! You might even be interested enough to pay me a little so I can keep living!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, I'm good, I didn't even have to ask for a pre-in to get a pre-in. While it looks extremely cool, I'll gladly give my spot if someone else has a greater need to it. If not, count me in.

Are you people going to draw their mechs-with-equipment themselves? That could be interesting.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess the GM does it. Either that or I would over-engineer mine :V
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks

because I like teasing:
peak of the first room.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

My experimental play-by-PM PvP RTD is close to the end now with only two players left, so as soon as they kill each other, I will start a new RTD. And since Caellath sort-of-suggested-it-but-I-think-that-would-be-cool-too, I'm considering doing another play-by-PM PvP, but this time set in the Fate/Stay Night universe. You don't need to know a lot about the FSN universe, so basically...
Spoiler: tl;dr version of FSN. (click to show/hide)
Like my last game, it will try to utilize the advantages of the play-by-PM form to let the players use tactics and deception to eliminate each other. It didn't quite work out that time, but I learned a lot and can now make a much more polished game from the beginning.
 So, yeah, would you play a FSN RTD?
 If not, I guess I'll just make a sequel to my last game.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RESERVE!
>Yes?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

RESERVE!
Yeah, I thought so, because you're the one who wanted my game to be more like FSN. xD
 Whatever, now I actually want to host a FSN RTD, so I think I will host it regardless of interest. As I see it, GMs are in great demand and players will play pretty much anything that has "ok" quality. I think I will be able to update faster and better if I host something I want to host anyway.
 Besides, it's a setting that can be easily modified and is very easy to understand, so, yeah, why not?
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You should keep track of the victors of each round.
>Yes?

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My experimental play-by-PM PvP RTD is close to the end now with only two players left, so as soon as they kill each other, I will start a new RTD. And since Caellath sort-of-suggested-it-but-I-think-that-would-be-cool-too, I'm considering doing another play-by-PM PvP, but this time set in the Fate/Stay Night universe. You don't need to know a lot about the FSN universe, so basically...
Spoiler: tl;dr version of FSN. (click to show/hide)
Like my last game, it will try to utilize the advantages of the play-by-PM form to let the players use tactics and deception to eliminate each other. It didn't quite work out that time, but I learned a lot and can now make a much more polished game from the beginning.
 So, yeah, would you play a FSN RTD?
 If not, I guess I'll just make a sequel to my last game.

Ah yes, it's a great setting for an RTD, why didn't it ever occur to me... I even ran a horribly failed Tabletop game for a group of friends.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, Fate/Stay Night was one of the settings that sprung to my mind as soon as I got to know RtDs. I was also planning an online text-parser, but RtDs seem more interesting.

Anyway, I dropped the idea in favor of my original setting, and I am glad there are more weeabos aside from me and tomas.
>Yes?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

I am glad there are more weeabos aside from me and tomas.
I do not consider myself a weaboo. I used to watch DBZ as a kid, Naruto until I realized how much it sucked, read a let's play of FSN which I haven't even finished, recently have gained very minor interest in anime, but otherwise I am not interested in weaboo stuff. Most of my knowledge of anime comes from TvTropes actually.

Ah yes, it's a great setting for an RTD, why didn't it ever occur to me... I even ran a horribly failed Tabletop game for a group of friends.
Reserve?
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 661