Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702353 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2011, 12:52:43 am »

I was going to join as a GM, but... it just doesn't seem like it's going to be even remotely stable. Too many players, too many GMers, too many actions, too much discussion...
well I would prefer more players though...
there's gonna be a thread for each reality. Don't worry, it'll work.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2011, 12:28:29 pm »

So, status update on my 2026 Mad Scientist RTD. I've had to retype the rules for construction of bots, and reinvented it slightly (Everyone has jPads in the future, which are used to make blueprints) and there's an Achievement and Shop system which are linked.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2011, 06:20:44 pm »

I shoulda been paying attention to thisw thread, can i reserve a slot in you're rtd too tarran?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2011, 07:26:35 pm »

I shoulda been paying attention to thisw thread, can i reserve a slot in you're rtd too tarran?
Yeah, you can. Added. You're lucky today my father and mother made me work some more, giving me a very minor but slightly intelligence impairing headache and made me loose my want to start the RTD yet again. :P

But seriously, I'll try to get it started this night at earliest, or a few days at max, just as long as I don't have to keep doing work.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2011, 01:32:02 am »

So, Tarran... mind if I reserve a slot as well? :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2011, 01:35:32 am »

Yep. Added.

Wow, I have, like, one open slot for non-reservers now. I think I'll open for eight now since it would be unfair leaving only one slot open. :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2011, 01:40:34 am »

OK, thanks. ^^ I copied all the rules down and am about to get into the srs bzns of creating a character.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2011, 01:48:39 am »

Well, if you want to do it early, here's the very likely (AKA very unlikely) final ruleset/first post/whatever. Anyone else, feel free to create your characters.

Spoiler: Story -P (click to show/hide)

If this RTD looks daunting, don't worry, you only have to read the spoilers with -N on them to sign up. -P are partially optional, containing important but not 100% necessary information when creating your char. -O ones are optional, simply telling you how things work. You don't have to read them to sign up, but it's a good idea to check them sometime.

I plan for this RTD to have 8 slots. You'd better hurry, though, already 5 players have reserved.

Remember, BOLD YOUR ACTIONS. Non-bolded actions are UNACCEPTABLE. And WILL be PUNISHED by making you feel like a CENTERFOLD.

I won't mind if you roleplay.

Spoiler: Chaos -O (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat -O (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attributes -N (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet -N (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Example Sheet -P (click to show/hide)

Players:
1:
Spoiler: IronyOwl (reserved) (click to show/hide)

2:
Spoiler: Ze Spy (reserved) (click to show/hide)

3:
Spoiler: TolyK (reserved) (click to show/hide)

4:
Spoiler: wolfchild (reserved) (click to show/hide)

5:

6:

7:

8:

Spoiler: Waiting list (click to show/hide)

Ed: Small text fix. Nothing huge.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 02:08:28 am by Tarran »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2011, 01:53:55 am »

I'll probably do a name, appearance, backstory, and general character concept. The stats themselves don't really matter initially and I'll probably change them around to fill a gap in the line-up, like if the party needs a tank or a smooth-talker, etc. ^^ I'll just do some work and see how it goes.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2011, 07:52:44 am »

Reserving a place.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Fixed a typo in agility description.
EDIT2: Fixed strength problem by moving 5 points from both Intelligence and Toughness to Strength.
EDIT3: Spellcasting nerf edit.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 02:37:27 pm by HmH »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2011, 08:40:52 am »

Tarran, didn't I send you a char sheet already?  ???
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2011, 12:30:29 pm »

Save me a spot in your RTD Tarran... 'Course, now you're down to 1 open non-reserve spot again if you accept me. :P

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2011, 12:32:27 pm »

Eh, reserve a spot for me too.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2011, 12:44:04 pm »

Tarran's RTD is very popular. ^^ Everybody else is already posting a bio so I guess I'll get mine up as well.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2011, 12:57:38 pm »

dual shields ftw for me :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 661