Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702497 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2325 on: November 22, 2011, 05:20:25 pm »

YARRRR!!!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #2326 on: November 22, 2011, 05:53:30 pm »

Actually, that Pirate RTD sounds pretty good; I could swear it's been done at least once, but I can't remember when. Besides, if we did a Pirates vs. Ninjas RTD there would be no contest, we already know who would win.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: November 22, 2011, 05:55:08 pm »

Obviously me. Since I can just pick whichever side I want to >:3

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: November 22, 2011, 05:56:09 pm »

Wizards would win.

Yes there are no wizards. Won't stop me.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: November 22, 2011, 06:00:33 pm »

Pirates or Ninjas? In all honesty, I'd side with the Ninjas. Pirates are generally just a bunch of rag-tag misfit sailors, without any ties to their ship or fellow mates. Hell, most pirates used to be navy sea-dogs, forced into servitude. Not liking this, many people rebelled, and became "Pirates"...

Ninjas, on the other hand, have clans and secret societies, where they train day and night. But then again, who knows, right? I'll side with Dermonster, that guy's cool. Plus if I die, he can bring me back as a blood slime! Heheh.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: November 22, 2011, 06:05:23 pm »

Obviously your bias skews your view of them. One could call pirates daring swashbucklers of the sea, while ninjas are nothing more than cowardly assassins.

Of course, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: November 22, 2011, 06:19:35 pm »

Obviously your bias skews your view of them. One could call pirates daring swashbucklers of the sea, while ninjas are nothing more than cowardly assassins.

Of course, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Wait, are we talking real pirates or fantasy pirates? Real pirates are literally just people who were forced into servitude by the navy, and escaped the iron choke, generally joining a ship of "Free Men", and became known as a Pirate. They also don't say Arr or "Shiver me timbers!", that was all bullshit made up by the guy who wrote that one book, with that Silver Long John guy. Treasure Island? Eh. Whole article on it...

Fantasy pirates, now they would own ninjas. I saw a picture of a bunch of pirates sailing in a transformer...That turns into a boat. It was awesome, because they had zombie parrots and pet robot monkeys. Shit just got real, yo.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: November 22, 2011, 06:21:55 pm »

Since you were talking about fantasy ninjas I assumed we were talking about fantasy pirates too.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: November 22, 2011, 06:25:59 pm »

Since you were talking about fantasy ninjas I assumed we were talking about fantasy pirates too.
Historical ninjas were peasants who rose up against the samurai who were oppressing them. They used stealth, cheap tricks (Pots to make it seem they were walking on water), and improvised weaponry to combat them.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: November 22, 2011, 06:26:25 pm »

Is it weird that the first thing I think of when I hear fantasy ninja is... well, there's no beating 'round the bush with this one I guess, Naruto?

*Internet cred drops 1000 degrees.*
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: November 22, 2011, 06:27:42 pm »

Forsooth! Dost thou vanity know no end!? Ye may think of 'ere Ninjas as Fantasy, but I know better than that! 'E just don't understand the ways of long-forgotten arts, aye? Perhaps ye should go out a wee bit, pop a few cherries whilst you're at it, no?

Final verdict: Ninjas are totally real, dude. I, like, saw one. With my own eyes, man. I swear, he was, like, totally a ninja. Running up walls and stuff like that, seriously bro. Seriously.

@adwarf: You're a smart person! I like you. I hate Samurai, they were weak and cowardly, always hiding behind castles and sending out the fodder to fight on the front lines. Pah! What fools.

@Dermonster: ARGH, ye be a ninja 'ereself! Curses! And what the heck is a Naruto?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: November 22, 2011, 06:31:23 pm »

Samurai rode with their soldiers, and fought on the front lines, but the majority were officers, so their duty was to lead the troops not go looking for death in battle though it always reached them in the end. To call them cowards would to be saying all birds are flightless, because Samurai fought to the end sacrificing their lives for their lords. Of course some samurai were in the wrong, but tehy were mostly the lords, and those of the lord's inner circle who became corrupt with greed, and power

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: November 22, 2011, 06:32:14 pm »

Naruto is a kid with a gigantic powerful demon in his gut who can use chakra (Read: magic) to do stuff like blow up two square miles of land with ease. This is a profession called 'ninja'. It's also a massive internet base breaker. Tell reg people you read it, you're a massive nerd. Tell anime fans you read it, not nearly nerdy enough.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: November 22, 2011, 06:36:29 pm »

Historical ninjas were peasants who rose up against the samurai who were oppressing them. They used stealth, cheap tricks (Pots to make it seem they were walking on water), and improvised weaponry to combat them.
Historical ninjas were mercenaries. No more, no less. Sneaky and tricky mercenaries who would specialize on sabotage and infiltration, but mercenaries nonetheless (well, not entirely, but somewhere in that direction). They were meant to be opposites of the samurai for using tactics that those bound by bushido could not.
I have yet to see a trustworthy source stating anything about a revolution being involved in their creation.

Final verdict: Ninjas are totally real, dude. I, like, saw one. With my own eyes, man. I swear, he was, like, totally a ninja. Running up walls and stuff like that, seriously bro. Seriously.
Ya right.

Ninjas ain't real anymore except for the kind you see on the internet :V That's what I meant.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: November 22, 2011, 06:43:40 pm »

Darvi i didn't mean a literal revolt the ninjas are just peasants who got tired of the samurai rules, so they decided to fight against them.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 661