Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230695 times)

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.8] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #1095 on: August 13, 2011, 10:18:42 am »

I got a mutated gaint desert scorpion that if you want i can you give the raws for it.
It is HUGE, biulding destroyer2, has chitin the strenth of copper, huge ass claws, and 11 tails each with a different vemon with a few of them lasting for a mouth(anyone want to be narcoleptic:D) If you want i can give you the raws that you need to add to make it work.
I do belive you helped me do some troble shooting on it.
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: August 13, 2011, 11:09:03 am »

Honestly when I saw that beast my first thought was 'What would happen if that thing faced a Gloomapeck?'. I'd be happy to take a look at the finished product. I'll probably put it in the caverns because it fits, and it does seem deadly enough. Send it over!   :D

By the way here's the checklist for 1.0.9

(v) Batteries
(v) Domestic Graphics
(partial) Exposed
      (partial)Graphics for exposed creatures.
Pneumatic Rifle/Pistol (kerlc)
Make Bullets more difficult to make in adv mode. (smasher89)
(partial)More maces and Hammers (Ulit1mera)
Gloomapeck silk -> something useful

The three biggies are almost complete. Exposed are mostly on paper, but will be implemented soon.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:16:17 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

smasher89

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: August 13, 2011, 12:16:44 pm »

Corrosion is more of a modern era, I try to avoid Fallout-esque stuff as that's mostly Wasteland territory. So no robots more advanced then what we readily have today. Nor am I willing to crack open DF to tangle with it's inner workings. I doubt Toady would smile on that  :-\ . The power idea is a good one, but not possible through modding.

Again, as soon as gas masks are possible they'll probably go in. But it doesn't seem likely in the near future.
Once .26 comes out, you can make some kinda potion ("Disposable Gas Mask") that turns the human into the immune class.

But we have to wait for that.

I hope so, more important if its possible to retain "genetics" into your new trasnformation then it would be like putting a normal gasmask...

What you can mod into Dwarf Fortress depends on what's in the RAWs. Things like siege engines, water wheels and what-have-you are hard-coded, and cannot be altered. However, a reaction that takes a bucket of water and has a chance of giving out some ore *might* be able to work. But I don't think there is a way to get the water into the bucket. As far as I know, dwarves only fill buckets to clean wounds, fill ponds and water patients.  :-\   

Well as I said before, I dont even read them, as I dont understand how to mod at all, so I was hoping it to be that way, but well I think this leaves it with the last option...

However, a reaction that takes a bucket of water and has a chance of giving out some ore *might* be able to work. But I don't think there is a way to get the water into the bucket. As far as I know, dwarves only fill buckets to clean wounds, fill ponds and water patients.  :-\
There's a trick involving cancelling the order while they're carrying it you can do.

Maybe another trick could be like "fishermen" things, I will explain at the end of the post...

Corrosion is more of a modern era, I try to avoid Fallout-esque stuff as that's mostly Wasteland territory. So no robots more advanced then what we readily have today. Nor am I willing to crack open DF to tangle with it's inner workings. I doubt Toady would smile on that  :-\ . The power idea is a good one, but not possible through modding.

Again, as soon as gas masks are possible they'll probably go in. But it doesn't seem likely in the near future.

Man there must be a "vanilla" way to make mining work normally in your mod! there must be one! I cant stand longer without metal! im starting to... ahhgg.. (brain starts to turn into a troglodyte one that doesnt know what is a metal)...

Now seriously... I think there are some robots or things like that in our era which serves to do those ways of mining? or... maybe acids? that i know in some quarrys people uses rfrequently an acid to melt stone? maybe its possible to do that? like a tool that combines the crossbow and the pick nature? so that new machine would consume per strike to the stone a unit of acid? but more importnat there is a way to detect or assign a tool that when mines makes the tile do not produce gas? if so, then you could make a "special" pickaxe? or maybe a short of "water wheel" building? like this:

The new building its based on the water wheel one, this one must be the put near water or in a brook, as you are in the water there you could extract from there sediments from the river? like the miners of africa with the blood diamond thing? once you get the sediment someone gets it and its processed at another site like the lab? these sediments always have a 5% of probabilityes of giving a iron nugget or another metal? thats a viable method of minery, not modern as others, but its the unique that I know that could be made in DF as it its today? unless mechanisms and water wheel are hardcoded into the EXE? then the building would be a normal one and only placeable into clay or a normal soil/buildable tile and the reaction would consume a water bucket?
you have SERIOUSLY overdone what can be modded into DF. BUT. as far as i can understand it, the dust from digging is inhaled through breathing. so a caste of humans, that (as i mentioned in one of my previous posts) that DOES NOT BREATHE, named either gas-mask humans or respirator humans (description: has a respiratory device/gasmask with him all the time and uses it when needed) it does not need new body parts as it weares the gasmask on his belt etc. i personally believe taht respiratory device would be better cause the fact that they don't breathe means that they won't drown. but anyway, this would be the best way.

and another question, if you are so bothered by the more realistic approach to digging (in mining, if you mine by yourself, you NEED a gasmask or at least a face mask of some sort, believe me, i know this) you could just disable the toxic rock. and disable the use of it. really. and there is the second option: make some clay statues, that are nice, put them up everywhere, make A LOT OF CASKETS and sacrifice a whole immigrant wave to mining.they will dig out enough ground, and you'll strike metal. then the caskets come in handy. the statues are there so that everyone remains happy. trust me, i have been using this technique on every fort that is not by a cliff or a major river.

and TECHNICALLY solar pannels ARE possible. you make a building that produces energy as long as it is OUTSIDE, but that is a copy of the windmill, so why bother?

As I said before, I dont know much of modding, so I was throwing a bunch of ideas to see what was possible and what not, so I think the gasmask idea its the most reliable until 31.26 comes out, I know that miner need in real life gasmask, even if down there arent toxic gasses cuz the low level of oxigen and pressure, but seriously, who would in real life go and sacrifice a bunch of people to do that? thats why i was thinking on alternate methods which dont include those things... my point of making a "vanilla" method of mining its dont disable one of the major features of corrosion which its toxic gas on mining in that way, then I started on thinking alternate ways which can be done without altering the game´s feature!

<snip>

Ranged digging isn't possible, water wheel is hard coded. If you want vanilla like mining there's a safe stone mod in the optional files. Just open up your raws, replace inorganic_stone_layer_di with inorganic_stone_safe_stone. Or you could just open up your init option and turn temperature off.

Once .26 comes out, you can make some kinda potion ("Disposable Gas Mask") that turns the human into the immune class.

But we have to wait for that.

Fascinating idea that I would be happy to look into. Assuming that the gas mask 'wears off' it's a very plausible idea. Making it is probably going to take tires, plastic, maybe some metal. Cloth for a makeshift filter.

When I said a crossing with crossbow and picks, I mean a weapon that which every strike consumes a "acid" unit which its then depleted, but I didnt mean ranged mining, I knew about the RAW things to make mining like in the original DF 31.25, but when i meaned "vanilla" I refered to the mod, in the way that you dont have to quit the wonderful poison gas feature, it just feels a bit unrealistic, in the way taht you need a gasmask in real life to mine at certain depth, whatever sorry if I bothered everyone with the bucn of ideas, I didnt knew much about the RAWs and those...

I got a mutated gaint desert scorpion that if you want i can you give the raws for it.
It is HUGE, biulding destroyer2, has chitin the strenth of copper, huge ass claws, and 11 tails each with a different vemon with a few of them lasting for a mouth(anyone want to be narcoleptic:D) If you want i can give you the raws that you need to add to make it work.
I do belive you helped me do some troble shooting on it.

You could also add to it the "glows in dark" tag in it? if it exist or isnt hardcoded into the EXE or other files? In adv mode it could be a good way of detecting in the darkness, it would fit more like the real scorpions which glows during night?

Edit. I forggot somethings:

Honestly when I saw that beast my first thought was 'What would happen if that thing faced a Gloomapeck?'. I'd be happy to take a look at the finished product. I'll probably put it in the caverns because it fits, and it does seem deadly enough. Send it over!   :D

By the way here's the checklist for 1.0.9

(v) Batteries
(v) Domestic Graphics
(partial) Exposed
      (partial)Graphics for exposed creatures.
Pneumatic Rifle/Pistol (kerlc)
Make Bullets more difficult to make in adv mode. (smasher89)
(partial)More maces and Hammers (Ulit1mera)
Gloomapeck silk -> something useful

The three biggies are almost complete. Exposed are mostly on paper, but will be implemented soon.

Hurray! I hope it comes soon, by the way you could give me a more detailed description of how you "see" some mutants? I was about to drawn more concept art for the comic but some creatures just are a bit "ambigue" in the sense that much of the infecteds seems to be very similar in some body parts or even completely...

About my new idea of mining: it would work this way:

You need:
*some fishermen
*a river
*some luck
*A especial workshop

Fishermen will start to fishing soon as you arrive the new site, here goes the fun thing; a new creature called "sediment" it would be like a fish, but with the cant breathe and cant feel pain tags, it would be made of mud, like FB and other demons, it only has the body part and its very slow, has no gender and doesnt attack, in fact its more like a vermin, once fished, it drops a "sedimentary soil" item (if its possible to assign what drop a fish in its RAW) if so, them the new sedimentary soil its taken by a furnace operator to the cleaning workshop and it gives you a new ore or nugget and you can process it into a metal in the forge!

The possible inconvenients:
*RAWs can define what a vermin or creature drops after being "fished"
*fishermen doesnt catch a existant creature or vermin? they instead generate a random item based on the biome they are? or based in both the biome and their skill?
*If traped from a existant vermin, its possible to define what a vermin can do or not? like hateable or classified as fish?

I think that if those are possible, then we could mine metals from the river like some peopel do in south america and in africa? here in venezuela some artisanal and native methods do that! search in google it would be possible to do that!

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:34:46 pm by smasher89 »

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: August 13, 2011, 10:22:32 pm »

This seems like a very interesting mod, difficulty-wise, but I'm a bit of a sucker for graphics, and not having the dwarves and other common objects as graphics makes it hard to get into for me. Is there some way to use one of the standard gfx (ironhand, mayday, etc.) in this mod?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: August 13, 2011, 10:26:40 pm »

The humans and furniture, toys, trees, etc. are graphics. It's just animals, which our good man IT is working on.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: August 13, 2011, 10:47:54 pm »

strange, I must be installing something wrong then, since my humans are letters.

Edit: nm, did a new world and it seems like everything is good now. thanks.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:07:22 pm by ioi101 »

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 13, 2011, 11:02:50 pm »

Alright heres all the raws that you will need to add word of warning there big O_o

Heres the beast itself.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Heres the new tissue.
Heres the template for the new tissue.
Heres the new body parts. For some reason it messes up but its really like the normal lists.
Heres the new body templates.
If it doesent work after i you add ill this ill double check to see if i missed something.
Feel free to modifiy this but when i was testing it out like around 75% of the time its stingers would go right trough iron armor and can deal with being surrondid by 4 dwarves in full iron armor with iron long swords and level 4 in all respective combat skills and it can own them all with out major injurys.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:32:37 pm by BeforeLifer »

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 14, 2011, 02:16:11 am »

i like the idea about fishing, smasher. i'm not sure that it can be modded into DF, but i THINK that it can be. we'll let IT decide, he's better at modding.

and IT, i don't like the idea about the pneumatic pistol. just because you'd need a smaller pump. i have also found this rifle that was in service in austro-hungarian army from 1780 to 1815. if they could make it, so can post-apoc refugees!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1103 on: August 14, 2011, 08:40:56 am »

liking the animal graphics IT sorry i aint been replying in a while been busy :P
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 14, 2011, 10:09:53 am »

and IT, i don't like the idea about the pneumatic pistol. just because you'd need a smaller pump. i have also found this rifle that was in service in austro-hungarian army from 1780 to 1815. if they could make it, so can post-apoc refugees!

That gun is pretty interesting. I had never heard of that kind of technology being used that early before  :o Also, that rifle looks pretty awesome. Look at it! So sleek...*drool*

Though I can see why they stopped using though. From the sound of it, not only was it fragile, but needed a huge pumping apparatus strapped to the back as well  :P Still, I am always in favour of expanding our collection of Zombie-killing methods  :D   
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 14, 2011, 10:16:39 am »

<giant scorpion>

Great to see it :D

I could add this as a semi-megabeast as you have already done so, or I could add it to the caverns (If it is it will get the standard caravan tags, trap avoid and cannot_undead). Where would you like to see it?

Anything smaller then it doesn't stand a chance.  :o 225 bullets and one is finally dead.That's the only one I managed to kill with human weapons. Very deadly indeed! I'd like to tinker with it a little bit though, not because it's to Fun, but rather because if this thing does show up it would be the perfect protection from sieges  :P.

When I said a crossing with crossbow and picks, I mean a weapon that which every strike consumes a "acid" unit which its then depleted, but I didnt mean ranged mining, I knew about the RAW things to make mining like in the original DF 31.25, but when i meaned "vanilla" I refered to the mod, in the way that you dont have to quit the wonderful poison gas feature, it just feels a bit unrealistic, in the way taht you need a gasmask in real life to mine at certain depth, whatever sorry if I bothered everyone with the bucn of ideas, I didnt knew much about the RAWs and those...

Anything that requires ammo needs to be ranged, and you didn't bother me at all. They were good ideas, just not possible to implement that's all. If I could, I would, but I can't.

I'll model off some exposed graphics soon. I'm still working on quite a few.

Fishermen will start to fishing soon as you arrive the new site, here goes the fun thing; a new creature called "sediment" it would be like a fish, but with the cant breathe and cant feel pain tags, it would be made of mud, like FB and other demons, it only has the body part and its very slow, has no gender and doesnt attack, in fact its more like a vermin, once fished, it drops a "sedimentary soil" item (if its possible to assign what drop a fish in its RAW) if so, them the new sedimentary soil its taken by a furnace operator to the cleaning workshop and it gives you a new ore or nugget and you can process it into a metal in the forge!

In theory, this might be possible by dissecting a living fish and then having a reaction that takes said extract and 'sifts' through it for useable material. Seems likely to be possible, but I'll have to tinker with it for a little bit.

and IT, i don't like the idea about the pneumatic pistol. just because you'd need a smaller pump.

It's mostly to give it a pistol variant, it will require the same parts.

Glad to see you back Ult1mara!

And SirAaron your avatar is really cool.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 14, 2011, 10:44:16 am »

It doesent matter and how the hell did i forget trap avoid and cannont undead rofl, as for the errors for some reason i dident diside to look at the error log lol.
And as i said feel few to change a few things like making it none trainable and stuff like that. Just let me know first. Oh and the reason i made it a semi megabeast was because then it would be easyer to find as an adventrer :D

EDIT: Oh and i found out why the brown color was in the error log. Its beacuse i forgot to change the matrial that it was changing. So it was trying to change a matrial that wasent on the creature. You need to replace CHITIN with HARDEND_CHITIN to fix that.

EDIT AGAIN: Oh I got some backstory about it if you want :D(sry if it sucks im winging it as im writing it lol)

"Many people thought that humans were the only ones afficed by the drug... They were not. As many people sucumed to the drug they wanderd into places that only fools would go. These places included the deserts were giant scorpions inhabited. As they wanderd in the desert many were ambushed and killed by the scorpions before they even knew they were there. The scorpions then procided to devouir them as well as the drug which still resided in there bodys. The drug had a complity different effect on the scorpions that it had on the humans. Noone knows if its because the drug was in the body and was in effect or if it would have a complity differnt effect on them in the first place. But the drug mutanted them... It caused them to grow to a massive size compairible to a elephants as well as growing 10 more tails and each one has devolped a different vemon that is increadible potient/longlasting vemons. This beast has also devloped a hardend chiten and somehow, someway has learn out how to swim. The drug also caused its ligiments and tendons to fuse into the musles making them imposible to hit and its tissues has almost lost all its blood vessles in all its tissue. Its brain has been rewired so that it only thinks about killing and feels nothing else. This beast has been seen taking on a dragon..... and winning. Only attack this beast if you got 10 meatshields and 10 fully armed soilders and you MAY survive an attack from it.

EDIT AGAIN!!!: If can add me into acknowledgments please for this epic beast :D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:53:20 am by BeforeLifer »

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 14, 2011, 12:58:20 pm »

That gun is pretty interesting. I had never heard of that kind of technology being used that early before  :o Also, that rifle looks pretty awesome. Look at it! So sleek...*drool*

Though I can see why they stopped using though. From the sound of it, not only was it fragile, but needed a huge pumping apparatus strapped to the back as well  :P Still, I am always in favour of expanding our collection of Zombie-killing methods  :D

yup, but lewis and clark have used one  on their journey to pacific, and making some checking, i found out, that the hand pump was not that big! it was basically just as big as an old fashioned bycicle floor pump. wow. but the gun was indeed fragile. ah, in the olden days of primitive technology  :P .

EDIT AGAIN: Oh I got some backstory about it if you want :D(sry if it sucks im winging it as im writing it lol)

"Many people thought that humans were the only ones afficed by the drug... They were not. As many people sucumed to the drug they wanderd into places that only fools would go. These places included the deserts were giant scorpions inhabited. As they wanderd in the desert many were ambushed and killed by the scorpions before they even knew they were there. The scorpions then procided to devouir them as well as the drug which still resided in there bodys. The drug had a complity different effect on the scorpions that it had on the humans. Noone knows if its because the drug was in the body and was in effect or if it would have a complity differnt effect on them in the first place. But the drug mutanted them... It caused them to grow to a massive size compairible to a elephants as well as growing 10 more tails and each one has devolped a different vemon that is increadible potient/longlasting vemons. This beast has also devloped a hardend chiten and somehow, someway has learn out how to swim. The drug also caused its ligiments and tendons to fuse into the musles making them imposible to hit and its tissues has almost lost all its blood vessles in all its tissue. Its brain has been rewired so that it only thinks about killing and feels nothing else. This beast has been seen taking on a dragon..... and winning. Only attack this beast if you got 10 meatshields and 10 fully armed soilders and you MAY survive an attack from it.

EDIT AGAIN!!!: If can add me into acknowledgments please for this epic beast :D

awesome story, :bow: :bow:

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 14, 2011, 01:30:33 pm »

... i'll just  leave an idea here: Mutated bears. And lizards.
Oh, they are sooooo screwed...
Also, a metal: Duralumin (1 copper 5 aluminium = 6 bars)
(I know it needs more things, but we don't have them)
Here is the raw (made by my metal maker, look at my signature)
Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:DURALUMIN]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:duralumin]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:molten duralumin]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling duralumin]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:0:7:1]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:42]
[SPEC_HEAT:904]
[MELTING_POINT:11188]
[BOILING_POINT:14534]
[ITEMS_WEAPON]
[ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED]
[ITEMS_AMMO]
[ITEMS_DIGGER]
[ITEMS_ARMOR]
[ITEMS_ANVIL]
[ITEMS_HARD]
[ITEMS_METAL]
[ITEMS_BARRED]
[ITEMS_SCALED]
[SOLID_DENSITY:2800]
[LIQUID_DENSITY:2500]
[MOLAR_MASS:27000]
[IMPACT_YIELD:1400000] 
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:2800000]
[IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:910]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:1400000]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:2800000]
[COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:910]
[TENSILE_YIELD:400000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:800000]
[TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:200]
[TORSION_YIELD:400000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:800000]
[TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:200]
[SHEAR_YIELD:400000]
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:800000]
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:200]
[BENDING_YIELD:400000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:800000]
[BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:200]
[MAX_EDGE:10000]
Lighter than steel and nearly as resistant, but very difficult to make as the metals needed are rare (well, not the copper)
Change the color if you wish, currently it is the same than the iron.
Hope you like it :3

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 14, 2011, 03:05:37 pm »

awesome story, :bow: :bow:
Why thank you :D
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 111