Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230696 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.8] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #1200 on: October 01, 2011, 09:13:16 pm »

Anyone know if the diplomat thing (as reported from Quietust) can be transferred into the raws in the enlightened file? I do not hate elves for they have reason enough for their actions. The Enlightened just defy logic altogether, they do not accept food. They come armed just like normal humans yet they have unjustified ethics.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 01, 2011, 11:40:20 pm »

Er.... I seem to have forgotten how to make wood mechanisms in this.

Also, I think a few pages/posts back IT said they lost access to their computer because they needed a new power source or something like that. There are still things in dev though, don't worry.

Edit: Never mind, they're made the way I thought. And they got a new charger on page 23(50spostsperpagehehehehehe), all is well.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 11:44:32 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 02, 2011, 12:14:41 am »

The Enlightened just defy logic altogether, they do not accept food. They come armed just like normal humans yet they have unjustified ethics.

well, someone's gotta be crazy, you could not create a faction called "Kerlcians" and make them crazy  :D. just kidding, the enlightened probably believe that being offered food by another civ is disgraceful, because they can take care for themselves, and are insulted. anyway, what's the deal? i just sell them bars of copper, bronze and iron, and i have made them my very good friends. they even brought me a puppy! (in a cage).

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 02, 2011, 02:40:07 am »

I've found a Gloomapeck!

What is up with all those trunks?

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 02, 2011, 10:17:03 am »

Next step, draw a crappy Gloomapeck! btw guise, where IT came up with the idea for a seven headed cave elephant spider-man? i mean the only proper reaction for that would be "WTF" and that's what came out of my mouth when i was adventuring and sudenly felt unseasy for a monster called "Gloomapeck", it must be a joke with that name, sudenly webs and broken brones everywhere before i could even shoot it... Also, the name? Gloomapeck? really? it brings the image of a bird with the flu to my head.

I say the Enlightened just don't want your food because they like their organic vegan bullshit grown with human excrements and kissed everyday to make mother earth happy.

And i have a request if T ever read this, i kind of miss goals, you know this mod is awesome because it is hard but it is lacking final goals, my goals on vanilla are usually finishing my fort (that's a goal here too) and creating an army with the best of the best (namey blue cottoncandy), i wish i could create smething like that here, one thing that requires WORK and LUCK, something like the blue metal, like you dug the veins and followed them deep so you found something with info on how to create an anti-tank riffle with bullets the size of a fist! a riffle that's more like a portable siege weapon (jk) and that with the usual bullet reaction you only get 10 shots, something to make a diference, because lets face it, we are the weak ones, the Warlords and the Reinheit are better at everything! the friggin Elightened are the hippies and we are on par with them! i'm not talking about game breaking but at least a single area in wich we are better, even if it comes to getting silk from a Gloomapeck to create a sort of kevlar for armors.
Urist McSpartacus: blood and vomit.
One day this is going to be a show, mark my words.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 02, 2011, 12:15:17 pm »

synner: he's (probably) going to add titanium, wich will (hopefully) be stronger than steel. otherwise: my goal is to create a great army, equipped with crucible steel, and finishing my impenetrable fort, the "makarov death squad" (a bunch of minutemen with crucible steel pistols, trained up to championship), the "reapers" (the same as makarov death squad, only with schytes), establishing a sub-settlement, or a backup base in the caverns. and there's always the good old REACHING the caverns. and, we're BETTER THAN ENLIGHTENED. we are not hippies.

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 02, 2011, 05:01:26 pm »

synner: he's (probably) going to add titanium, wich will (hopefully) be stronger than steel. otherwise: my goal is to create a great army, equipped with crucible steel, and finishing my impenetrable fort, the "makarov death squad" (a bunch of minutemen with crucible steel pistols, trained up to championship), the "reapers" (the same as makarov death squad, only with schytes), establishing a sub-settlement, or a backup base in the caverns. and there's always the good old REACHING the caverns. and, we're BETTER THAN ENLIGHTENED. we are not hippies.

Then the Reinheit will have titanium combat crowbars and the Warlods will have titanium super shotguns... i stand my point, we need an exclusive sig item, after all the items we can craft are some sort of leftovers from the other civs, and yeah i know we are not hippies (unless you want of course) but the hippies are still on par with us in the military department, and that's lame.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 02, 2011, 09:06:56 pm »

Does anyone know what did IT do to shotgun shells and bullets to make them less likely to show up after someone has shot them? There's this big problem playing fortress defence of bolts getting scattered all over the place and I would prefer it that the bolts themselves go away rather than giving the haulers something to occupy several months of their time.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 03, 2011, 07:29:36 am »

Then the Reinheit will have titanium combat crowbars and the Warlods will have titanium super shotguns... i stand my point, we need an exclusive sig item, after all the items we can craft are some sort of leftovers from the other civs, and yeah i know we are not hippies (unless you want of course) but the hippies are still on par with us in the military department, and that's lame.

nope, what i mean, IT will add titanium as an adamantine-like object, or will just disable the reinheit and warlords from using it. THINK LOGICAL.  :P

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 03, 2011, 08:11:59 am »

nope, what i mean, IT will add titanium as an adamantine-like object, or will just disable the reinheit and warlords from using it. THINK LOGICAL.  :P

Ohhh now i get it, thanks for it bro, i like the way you think.

Now there's the issue of the bracers, right? i mean it can't be so hard to get a plank of metal with a tiny whole, atach a few leather strings and you got yourself a post apoc riot shield, the bracer could be gloves with protectiong only for the lower arms, i'm drooling at the image of a wall of titanium shields and machetes killing everyone and everything...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 03, 2011, 11:35:55 am »

alas, i have suggested IT to add riot shields to warlords (at first), but he said no. still, it would really be awesome to have riot shields, that act similary to tower shields (big, heavy) in DF advanced.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 03, 2011, 08:52:32 pm »

alas, i have suggested IT to add riot shields to warlords (at first), but he said no. still, it would really be awesome to have riot shields, that act similary to tower shields (big, heavy) in DF advanced.
It's probably because riot shields don't take well to shotgun fire, so It wouldn't be... realistic? Is there a block threshold for shields too? If not, it would block all projectiles. I suppose to balance it he could make them have a high weight modifier to make you move slower. Also, embarking with a couple metal bars(even copper will do) to make plate or bolts/bullets works amazingly, until you get a 16 infected siege and run outta ammo due to unlucky shots, preventing you from getting booze.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 04, 2011, 05:06:28 am »

It's probably because riot shields don't take well to shotgun fire, so It wouldn't be... realistic? Is there a block threshold for shields too? If not, it would block all projectiles. I suppose to balance it he could make them have a high weight modifier to make you move slower.

well, another idea i had about balancing riot shields is taht they would take 3 parts to make: Shield, handle, bolts. each requires 1 any metal bar, ant the shield is named after the shield (or shield plate) part, so from bronze handle, bolts, and an iron shield plate you get an iron riot shield.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 04, 2011, 05:14:39 am »

It would be great to have a few "unknown plants" with different products which you can learn only after processing it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1214 on: October 04, 2011, 08:30:06 pm »

For some reason when I install the mod, the way that I am supposed to the game will not start I keep getting "program not responding" thing

Any help?
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 111