Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230734 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.4] _NOW IN 34.05_
« Reply #1455 on: March 11, 2012, 02:45:54 pm »

By the way, is it intended that shotgun shells make for better ammo capacity? Shells are produced in stacks of 15 which means a soldier will pack 2 stacks of 15 into his quiver whereas can only fit one stack of 25 bullets. Given shotguns hit harder than rifles, doesn't that mean the only reason to use rifles is the bayonet (and if you're resource-limited)?

If I recall right people will try to get to 30 without going over, I've seen my dwarves in vanilla haul around 25 bolts plus a stack of bone bolts.

But yeah in your version there's no reason not to use shotguns, I've made shotguns more expensive and rifles cheaper. Shells have also been nerfed a little bit.

Perhaps you could add combat boots? If that's too sophisticated then maybe steel cap boots? I guess the foot plate is already basically a steel cap boot.

Also, maybe instead of calling the Shotgun Pistols Shotgun Pistols (wow, there had to be a better way to word that) you could call them Sawn-Off Shotguns.

I also recommend making a psychiatrist noble, like in Deon's Genesis mod.

Just my two cents.  :)

Sawn-Off sounds a lot better then the name I had in mind. Thanks for the suggestion!

Part 4 of my lets play is up here. Not the most exciting episode but I think Ive got a plan now!

http://youtu.be/SOs_AUMYL1s

Great job! Added to the main page.

Posting to follow! Once my current fort has crumbled I'll give this a shot or five for sure.

Great! Have Fun!

I can't find any tags in the entity file that would suggest that they should be waiting like humans. It might have something to do with the [MISCHIEVIOUS] tag or the hard-coded ambusher AI.  :-\ Or they could be lazy.

I'll look into it, maybe I'm missing something.
I recall encountering this when I was modding in some slaughter-fodder races for myself in 31.25. I could not figure out which tag was responsible for the human siege behaviour. In the end, I did the last resort of re-writing the affected race's entity raws from scratch, this time starting from a copy/paste of the goblin entity instead of the human entity. To my eyes, the end result in the raws were exactly the same before and after this last resort but the game acknowledged them to be goblin-style siegers now instead of human-style siegers.

That might work, I'll try that soon.

I'm in the process of turning all graphics from 18x18 to 16x16, also changing the graphic for stairs, adding a few exposed creatures as well, notably; Ghouls, Crows (mutated), Wild Dogs and Wild Cats. I've also been experimenting with colors, changed light cyan to be less eye killing, and made brown more vibrant.

Some sneak peaks

Spoiler: Before (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: After (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 10:42:24 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: March 11, 2012, 11:20:22 pm »

Hi again,
I've been playing in the arena and some of the creatures in the list are named 'nothing'. I narrowed this down to being the wandering infected, but I couldn't find them in the RAWS. Eventually I found them in creature_humans_di.txt, and I figured out why they weren't displaying their names correctly. [CASTE_NAME:roaming infected:roaming infecteds] needs a third entry.
I may be completely wrong or something as I seriously have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to RAWS, but when I changed it to    [CASTE_NAME:roaming infected:roaming infecteds:roaming infected] they started displaying their names correctly again.

Thanks in advance. :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 11:51:33 pm by Pallbearer »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: March 11, 2012, 11:43:00 pm »

Hi again,
I've been playing in the arena and some of the creatures in the list are named 'nothing'. I narrowed this down to being the wandering infected, but I couldn't find them in the RAWS. Eventually I found them in creature_humans_di.txt, and I figured out why they weren't displaying their names correctly. [CASTE_NAME:roaming infected:roaming infecteds] needs a third entry.
I may be completely wrong or something as I seriously have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to RAWS, but when I changed it to    [CASTE_NAME:roaming infected:roaming infecteds:roaming infected] they started displaying their names correctly again.

Thanks in advance, Pallbearer. :)

Yep, that's what was causing it. I 'fixed' it by making every infected caste useable under the roamer creature. Glad you're keeping an eye out for those kinds of things!

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

crazyjake56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: March 11, 2012, 11:45:26 pm »

Would it be possible to use an ascii tileset with this? Seems like they would be a bit more flexible.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: March 11, 2012, 11:48:11 pm »

you can just disable graphics in the init.txt file. It plays find without a tileset

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: March 11, 2012, 11:55:32 pm »

Yep, that's what was causing it. I 'fixed' it by making every infected caste useable under the roamer creature. Glad you're keeping an eye out for those kinds of things!

It's the least I can do. :)

So, is it alright if I pepper you with random suggestions every so often? I won't take offense if you shoot them down. :P

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #1461 on: March 12, 2012, 04:27:29 am »

I am currently being seiged by infected riding war dingos leading a pack of war gorrilas. I do not know if this is a bug or not, but is is awesome.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: March 12, 2012, 04:52:06 am »

I am currently being seiged by infected riding war dingos leading a pack of war gorrilas. I do not know if this is a bug or not, but is is awesome.

I had that problem before. It ruined the game for me to see giant leopards being ridden by zombies. Awesome, but rather game breaking for my imagination.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: March 12, 2012, 10:05:21 am »

B please. Awesome NEVER breaks fantasies.

on the more serious side, Yay! Brown now actually looks brown!

burchalka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: March 12, 2012, 05:14:41 pm »

Hi There
Long time lurker here.
First of all, I really enjoy the mode, thanks IT 000!
A question I couldn't figure out myself (tried to go to raws, but couldn't figure this out):
So I'm using the 1.1.4 version of the mode (with graphics), and cannot make the pistol/hunting/military rifle (I can make the pneumatics, though).
I wonder why?
I do have iron (tried making all the way up to crucible steel - didn't help).
I do have the gunparts, and I'm drowning in wood.
What else is missing?
Could it be related to the fact that after first 2 migrant waves I didn't attract any more migrants (in vanilla that would mean my home civ is dead, right)?

Thanks,
And keep up the good work.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: March 12, 2012, 07:30:17 pm »

Big changes coming, check out the Blog Post feedback is insisted as this changes the behavior that zombies will react to you.

I had that problem before. It ruined the game for me to see giant leopards being ridden by zombies. Awesome, but rather game breaking for my imagination.

I fixed it. It was VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL that was causing the problem. This also means no more infected generals or law-makers or whatever. So happy it's fixed, Infected are bad enough, Infected on Giant War Tigers. A little much.

It's the least I can do. :)

So, is it alright if I pepper you with random suggestions every so often? I won't take offense if you shoot them down. :P

Please do! I frequently add suggestions from fans. Even the Reinheit were suggested by a Kerlc.

Speaking of those guys, has anyone ever seen one? I faintly recall a thief running off a few versions ago, but my forts seldom survive to see an ambush.

Hi There
Long time lurker here.
First of all, I really enjoy the mode, thanks IT 000!
A question I couldn't figure out myself (tried to go to raws, but couldn't figure this out):
So I'm using the 1.1.4 version of the mode (with graphics), and cannot make the pistol/hunting/military rifle (I can make the pneumatics, though).
I wonder why?
I do have iron (tried making all the way up to crucible steel - didn't help).
I do have the gunparts, and I'm drowning in wood.
What else is missing?
Could it be related to the fact that after first 2 migrant waves I didn't attract any more migrants (in vanilla that would mean my home civ is dead, right)?

Thanks,
And keep up the good work.

Here's the schematics for the guns that are in Corrosion. Most reactions are in the read-me, so if you can't make heads or tails of it, it's probably in there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

swordomatic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: March 12, 2012, 07:35:57 pm »

Yeah, just the other time, my fort found a Reinhert ambush. Then found three more right after. If not for my legendary riflemen, I'd be screwed.

On the plus side, my melee squad's now pimping trench coats. That's always nice.

Also, IT, thanks for the great mod. Without this mod, I'd never have found DF in the first place.

tilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: March 12, 2012, 08:32:59 pm »

Hey IT, I was on a run to the beer store the other day and I noticed a green poster on the wall. It's motto kind of made me laugh. It said "We were green before green was cool."  It was a poster about saving trees I believe. I immediatly thought of you and your motto and how your whole mod is based around the destruction of many trees and it made me smile. :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:12:55 pm by tilly »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: March 12, 2012, 11:39:38 pm »

I had some free time, so I decided to start a fort.

Suddenly Saltwater Crocodiles.

Farmers missing a leg, carpenter has a cut on his head. Everyone is miserable except the Weaponsmith is ecstatic even when he lost two of his friends and her lover.

Let's see what happens.

EDIT

Well, there goes the carpenter.

Maybe if the farmer goes insane I can start a hermit story!

Yeah, just the other time, my fort found a Reinhert ambush. Then found three more right after. If not for my legendary riflemen, I'd be screwed.

On the plus side, my melee squad's now pimping trench coats. That's always nice.

Also, IT, thanks for the great mod. Without this mod, I'd never have found DF in the first place.

Yeah, I had one legendary rifleman with a crossbow discover a siege from the Desert Devils. Within ten seconds he killed four, popped a bolt in the rest and made them flee, then killed the zombies that resurrected. Those guys are nigh unstopable even with shoddy equipment.

Hey IT, I was on a run to the beer store the other day and I noticed a green poster on the wall. It's motto kind of made me laugh. It said "We were green before green was cool."  It was a poster about saving trees I believe. I immediatly thought of you and your motto and how your whole mod is based around the destruction of many trees and it made me smile. :)

Hehe, thanks for the compliment!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 01:57:52 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: March 13, 2012, 04:54:31 am »

This is kind of a nooby question but where do you make screwdrivers and screws?
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 111