Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Missmatch - New Community fort  (Read 6872 times)

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
Missmatch - New Community fort
« on: April 08, 2011, 07:11:23 am »

I'm creating a community fort, where each starting dwarf's skills and the equipment they bring is decided entirely by a forumite. armour/weapons/etc will be given to specific dwarves, everything else is pooled in usual DF fashion. All embark points will be split between the dwarves, so don't forget food!
You'll each get 182 embark points (1274 / 7) to spend.
Quick reminder of costs (according to wiki):
Skills cost 5 points for novice, 6 extra (11 total) for adequate, 7 extra (18 total) for competent, 8 extra (26 total) for skilled and 9 extra (35 total) for proficient. 10 total levels max.
Copper pick: 44
Copper axe: 68
Copper mail: 40, breastplate: 30, leggings: 46, gauntlets: 22, boots: 24, helm: 24, cap: 10, buckler: 28
Iron anvil: 100
Urist of alcohol: 2
Seed: 1
Cheap meat/fish/eggs: 2
Plump helmet: 4
Rabbit/guinea pig: 2
Hen/turkey/goose/duck: 6
Dog: 16
Cat: 11

You'll also each get a vote on each aspect of the starting location.
Evilness
Savagery
Metals
Flux
Water
Trees
Aquifier
Temperature
and any others you want.

Anyone up for it?
That's a yes :P

I could also do it as a succession game if people prefer.

7 Dwarfs: (spare points will go on drink)
Falk (aka Thief^): Adequate Axedwarf/Dodger/Fighter/ Woodcutter, bringing copper axe, copper mail and copper gauntlets, 174 points, 8 spare
Taricus: Adequate Armorsmith/Furnace operator/Metal crafter/Metalsmith/Weaponsmith, bringing iron anvil, 155 points, 27 spare
Haika (preferably male): Adequate Grower, Competent Brewer/Cook, bringing: 1 breeding pair each of hen & rooster, duck & drake, turkey hen & gobbler, peacock & hen, nanny & billy goat, buck & doe rabbit, cavy boar & sow; 3 olivine nest boxes, 21 plump helmet spawn, 206 points, 24 over
Edosurist: Adequate Carpenter, Novice Woodcutter, Novice Axedwarf, bringing dogs (2 female, 1 male), 2 bunnies (male/female), 2 katz (male/female), 2 hens and 1 rooster, and copper axe, 1 plump helmet seed (for luck), 182 exactly
Yogni Slapmountain (male, aka Yoink): Adequate Ambusher, Competent Marksdwarf, Adequate Animal Caretaker, Novice Animal Trainer, Novice Bowyer, Novice Butcher, bringing Dog, 10 x cheap 'n' nasty food, 91 points, 91 spare (covering Haika's 24 over, leaving 67 spare)
TolyK: Proficient Siege Engineer / Siege Operator, 5 sand, 75 points, 107 spare
Mipe (female): Proficient Miner, Proficient Building Designer, bringing copper pick, 20 unidentified alcoholic drink, 28 unidentified alcoholic seeds, 182 exactly

Totals:
2 axes
1 pick
1 anvil
1 chainmail
1 gauntlet
25 animals
10 food
20 drink
50 seeds
5 sand

7 dwarfs:
Miner/designer, woodcutter/axedwarf, carpenter/woodcutter/axedwarf, siege engineer/operator, farmer/cook/brewer, marksdwarf/animal trainer/butcher, metal/armour/weapon -smith

209 spare points, spent on:
20x mountain goat meat
20x hen eggs
20x dwarven wine
20x dwarven ale
20x dwarven rum
5x pig tail seeds
4x sweet pod seeds
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:19:45 am by Thief^ »
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Missmatch - New Community fort
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 10:34:47 am »

In as a metalsmith.

Two points in every metalworking skill. And I'll bring the anvil.

Preferably male thanks.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 09:42:23 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 10:41:29 am »

Awesome :)

EDIT: Should add myself I guess
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:09:32 am by Thief^ »
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 04:54:05 pm »

Sure, I guess I'll bite here.

Dwarf: Preferably Male, named Haika
Skills: adequate grower(11pts), competent brewer(18pts), competent cook(18pts): 47pts

Animals:
(birds, 6 each)1 hen, 1 rooster, 1 duck, 1 drake, 1 turkeyhen, 1 turkey gobbler, 1 peacock, 1 peahen: (8 birds, 24pts total)
(goats, 26 each)1 nanny goat, 1 billy goat: (52pts)
rabbits and cavys, 2 each)1 male rabbit, 1 female rabbit, 1 cavy boar, 1 cavy sow(4 animals, 8pts total)

Items:
3 olivine nest boxes(10pt each, 30pt total)
21 plump helmet spawn(1pt each, 21pts total)

47+24+52+8+30+21=182

I'm hoping the points from others can deal with prepared drinks, we should be able to live off eggs until we have baby bunnies and cavys to eat.

Projects/Desires: I'd like to see seperate pens set up with pastures inside for each species of animal, Maybe in a soil level just below the surface, so you can channel down, then remove the ramps. With a plump helmet farm and the workshops/storage nearby. I'd also like to request a seperate food stockpile for prepared food with 0 barrels in it. Food is some of the best trade goods when a skilled cook makes only lavish meals. and that's what I'd like to see happen.(seach for roasts when you take food to the trade depot)
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 01:29:12 am »

I say 3 dogs (2 female, 1 male), 2 bunnies (male/female, watch the breeding), 2 katz (male/female, watch the breeding), 2 hens and 1 rooster, and the usual.

Name: Edosurist
Profession: woodcutter/axedwarf/carpenter, or anything close
I'd rather play 4th of 5th.
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 02:20:58 am »

Can I please have a male dwarf named Yogni Slapmountain?
A bumbling, clumsy yet lovable big fella, he prefers the company of his dog to other dwarves, but is certainly a decent shot when he remembers to bring his crossbow! (Sadly, the day of the expedition he did not)
Adequate ambusher: 11 pts
Adequate animal caretaker: 11 pts
Adequate animal trainer: 11 pts
Competent marksdwarf: 18 pts
Competent Bowyer: 18 pts
Dog: 16 pts
10 x cheap 'n' nasty food: 20 pts
Novice butcher: 5 pts

I'll save some points, just in case no-one else brings vital stuff. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 05:30:12 am »

I say 3 dogs (2 female, 1 male), 2 bunnies (male/female, watch the breeding), 2 katz (male/female, watch the breeding), 2 hens and 1 rooster, and the usual.

Name: Edosurist
Profession: woodcutter/axedwarf/carpenter, or anything close
I'd rather play 4th of 5th.

I think you are thinking Succession, not community? You don't play in a community fort, you just sign up to be dwarfed in Thief's game. And in this particular community you have 182 points to spend personally for the initial 7.  Succession comes later if Thief decides to do it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:32:45 am by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 05:51:23 am »

Added Haika.

Edosurist, you'll need to be more specific about you skills, you're designing a starting dwarf.
Yoink: too many skill levels, you can only have 10 total, you have 13 I think
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:56:13 am by Thief^ »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 06:31:05 am »

In as siege engineer (5) and siege operator (5).
Make sure to bring wood, some steel, and quite a bit of sand.
and don't forget the drinks  :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

mipe9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 09:38:54 am »

182 points

Name: Mipe
Preferred gender: Female
Skills:
Proficient Miner (35)
Proficient Building Designer (35)
Items:
Copper Pick (44)
According to my calculations, I should have 68 points remaining at this point.
20 x <insert alcohol here>
Rest of the points for seeds, as they will be the future of our fort ('s alcohol supply).

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 12:44:50 pm »

As I said, I just want to be a woodcutter, carpenter, and/or axedwarf. Skill points are unimportant
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 01:23:39 pm »

As I said, I just want to be a woodcutter, carpenter, and/or axedwarf. Skill points are unimportant
In that case you can come along later as a migrant.
I'm feeling nice.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 01:47:34 pm by Thief^ »

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 01:59:57 pm »

I've added you as: "Adequate Carpenter, Novice Woodcutter, Novice Axedwarf, bringing dogs (2 female, 1 male), 2 bunnies (male/female), 2 katz (male/female), 2 hens and 1 rooster, and copper axe, 1 spare point". That ok?

Can I please have a male dwarf named Yogni Slapmountain?
A bumbling, clumsy yet lovable big fella, he prefers the company of his dog to other dwarves, but is certainly a decent shot when he remembers to bring his crossbow! (Sadly, the day of the expedition he did not)
You asked for too much skill, added you as: "Adequate Ambusher, Competent Marksdwarf, Adequate Animal Caretaker, Novice Animal Trainer, Novice Bowyer, Novice Butcher, bringing Dog, 10 x cheap 'n' nasty food, 91 spare points", that ok?

In as siege engineer (5) and siege operator (5).
Make sure to bring wood, some steel, and quite a bit of sand.
and don't forget the drinks  :D
Steel costs 150 / bar, so in as:
TolyK: Novice Siege Engineer / Siege Operator, bringing 5 wood, 1 steel bar, 7 sand.

In as:
Mipe (female): Proficient Miner, Proficient Building Designer, bringing copper pick, 20 unidentified alcoholic drink, 18 unidentified alcoholic seeds.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 02:39:59 pm »

Haika: that's 48 points of birds, not 24, you're over on points.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 02:45:41 pm »

Take my remaining points for them.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8