Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569277 times)

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2011, 08:26:08 pm »

I need some help with this game. In quests, i don't get how to find certain items. I haven't even been able to complete one of those quests. For example, where the heck can i find something like a sign or a lantern? There's got to be an easier way to find them besides searching the whole world. And do i have to identify every item? Because that costs a lot.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 12, 2011, 08:34:24 pm »

I'd say to go with the metal mail. It depends what race you are, really.
Jeure, Thief.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 12, 2011, 08:38:41 pm »

I need some help with this game. In quests, i don't get how to find certain items. I haven't even been able to complete one of those quests. For example, where the heck can i find something like a sign or a lantern? There's got to be an easier way to find them besides searching the whole world.
Goods shops and General Stores off the top of my head. Also two of the stores in the Embassy. Lanterns, picks, and other crap can also be found for free in the Putit Infestation's dungeon. Though watch out for the later enemies of the dungeon... They're far, FAR worse than the Putits.

And do i have to identify every item? Because that costs a lot.
Don't worry, the amount of money they cost will get less and less extreme for you as the game goes on.

But, other ways to identify them:
Wear them (if equipment). Note that this only identifies very basic attributes of the item and if it's blessed, normal, cursed, or doomed. Dangerous! You could put on a Cursed or Doomed item, the latter being extremely hard to get off of your character and also the most painful.
Carry them for a long time (quite slow). This identifies most or all of the attributes of the items as far as I can tell.
Use them (if scrolls, rods, or potions). This will only identify the type of item. Not recommended that you try them on yourself or any of your valuable items if you do this, or try them on other non-enemy NPCs.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Anyway, here's the wiki just in case you haven't found it yet.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 08:40:55 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 12, 2011, 08:51:27 pm »

hey thanks!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 12, 2011, 09:23:22 pm »

I'd say to go with the metal mail. It depends what race you are, really.
Jeure, Thief.
Well...

You want the PV.
Evade would be good, although you can do DV.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 12, 2011, 09:25:42 pm »

What's better, a silver mail with 2 DV and 11 PV with darkness protection or a metal mail with 1 DV and 15 PV with protection from fire?
Both. Though, it sounds like neither is special, so it doesn't matter too much. Resistances are very useful, but base level ones from material doesn't matter too much, unless you have a full suit of that material. Even then, a full suit of Glass gear is likely better for the massive speed bonus.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 12, 2011, 11:51:08 pm »

Are the names on that voting board ALL randomly generated?  It seems like mostly a joke thing, but the one in my current game has "The Hero Link" as number one.  This world is perfect.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 13, 2011, 12:04:09 am »

No. They aren't jokes.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 13, 2011, 01:41:51 am »

Are the names on that voting board ALL randomly generated?  It seems like mostly a joke thing, but the one in my current game has "The Hero Link" as number one.  This world is perfect.
Those are the nicknames of the other people who play Elona
*Hugs*

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 13, 2011, 06:00:33 am »

What's better, a silver mail with 2 DV and 11 PV with darkness protection or a metal mail with 1 DV and 15 PV with protection from fire?

DV is a bit useful in the beginning, but as you progress, you'll want more PV. Both are useless against magic though, so definitely go for building resistances.

I'd say go with metal, fire is a lot more common than darkness.
Of course, it also depends on whether you're using light, medium, or heavy armor skill. Silver is a fair bit lighter than metal.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 13, 2011, 10:41:04 pm »

Can someone explain to me how elona handles weapon damages?
I have seen this kind of system for ages but didn't understood a damn.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 13, 2011, 11:19:51 pm »

Are you sure he really summon them? He could've accidentally failed at reading a book and spawned them.

Anyway, 'Bronze Cleric Cinnamon', lulz, Random Name Generator you so silly.

Why do I feel like "Bronze Cleric Cinnamon" could be a real anime?

probably because Cinnamon is an anime on its own.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 13, 2011, 11:32:53 pm »

Can you return to a god that you defected from eventually. I'm worshiping Kumiromi so I could get the scythe (It seems to be the best weapon a fairy can use) but now that I have it I want to get some more treasures for me and god weapons for my pets. That said without Kumiromi it is kinda pointless having a farm. So I can return to him once I get what I want, right?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 14, 2011, 12:38:08 am »

Welp, I stole the kitty bank from Noyel (10k) and I am currently saving up for... Something.

Question, should I get a Ranch, Farm or Museum?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 14, 2011, 01:34:12 am »

Ranch is best for stat-ups, and you can sell people to the slave market.

Farm is a joke, so no, Museum is good if you have loads of unique cards and figurines, otherwise no.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 291