Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566429 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2011, 09:15:09 pm »

I wanna try a mutant this time around, but I can't play Elona on the laptop without it completely messing up my keys. I don't know, it just shuffles them around, and when i close it, it stays that way.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2011, 10:03:17 pm »

Just downloaded this. Anyone got any tips for a pure newbie? So far, all I did was run outside of the starting area, get shot to death by a punk, then alt+f4. Any classes/races particularly suited to newbies? What should be my first goal? Wheres the little girls?

Don't fight punks. They are peaceful.
Don't do any job on the bill board.
Download the world map from the wiki.
Only do birthday and I want it! quests if you have the item or have a pricey item that you can trade in the case of I want it!
Grab scrolls, rods, potions in the puppy dungeon and drink/read/zap them.
Sell the useless scrolls and potions and store the uncurse scroll and identify scrolls. Also do not read scrolls in your house.
Grab books in the dungeon too but do not read them, instead just identify them.
The equipment in the puppy dungeon is useless so don't even pick it up.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2011, 10:11:13 pm »

A wasp randomly showed up at my ranch. It was friendly.

I proposed to it. It refused.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2011, 10:15:33 pm »

Little girls can breed anything IIRC.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 14, 2011, 10:19:22 pm »

Little girls can breed anything IIRC.

The wiki says they have a 50% chance of breeding something other than little girls. Also, I noticed that my Putit breeder has a breed power of 666. I wonder if this is for all Putits.

EDIT: Can I use a Rod of Domination on someone and it won't be hostile? I want to breed nobles.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:21:43 pm by Detonate »
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 14, 2011, 11:17:21 pm »

I wanna try a mutant this time around, but I can't play Elona on the laptop without it completely messing up my keys. I don't know, it just shuffles them around, and when i close it, it stays that way.

Turn off Auto numlock, which can be found in the game's options, or set the value to 0 in the config file directly.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 14, 2011, 11:19:50 pm »

Can I use a Rod of Domination on someone and it won't be hostile? I want to breed nobles.

IIRC, I think you can't dominate townie npcs with either the rod or spell. That's kinda sad, since you'd like to sell them to the slave master for their tastes in music.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 15, 2011, 12:02:09 am »

I released Ebon, half of Noyel has burned down now. I am peacefully playing the piano in the church, and making the last surviving vendors hawk food to me since all of it is likely to burn before this is over.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 15, 2011, 12:50:56 am »

Can I use a Rod of Domination on someone and it won't be hostile? I want to breed nobles.

IIRC, I think you can't dominate townie npcs with either the rod or spell. That's kinda sad, since you'd like to sell them to the slave master for their tastes in music.

What if you do it during a party quest?

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 15, 2011, 01:15:32 am »

Okay since my question wasn't answered, let me rephrase it.
What is the better weapon out of these two?
A steel wakizashi (4d4+3)(8)
A metal claymore (3d6+2)
Also, could anyone explain how does this system of damage works? I haven't grasped it at all(haven't played DnD)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 15, 2011, 01:18:34 am »

The wakizashi. Clear winner. It's lighter, has higher minimum damage, and I think (though I'm not 100% sure) has an additional bonus as dictated in the "(8)".
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 15, 2011, 01:31:41 am »

The wakizashi. Clear winner. It's lighter, has higher minimum damage, and I think (though I'm not 100% sure) has an additional bonus as dictated in the "(8)".

Ah ok.
So that 4 before d is minimum damage whereas the 4 after d is maximum damage?
And that is an 8, which is hit bonus. So yeah I guess you are right.

Also does anybody knows where the flippin hell can I find an instrument?
I have killed bards in port kapul, vernis, lumiest, palmia and yowyn. None of them dropped anything except cards and figurines.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 15, 2011, 01:35:54 am »

Ah ok.
The "4d4" means: 4 dice that have 4 sides. The first is the number of dice, the second is the number of sides.

Since the minimum a dice can roll is 1, 4 is the minimum of all dice combined (AKA they all roll a 1). The max is 16 (they all roll a 4).

Similarly, a 2d10 would be 2 dice of 10 sides. Minimum would be 2, max would be 20.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 15, 2011, 01:49:38 am »

Ah ok.
The "4d4" means: 4 dice that have 4 sides. The first is the number of dice, the second is the number of sides.

Since the minimum a dice can roll is 1, 4 is the minimum of all dice combined (AKA they all roll a 1). The max is 16 (they all roll a 4).

Similarly, a 2d10 would be 2 dice of 10 sides. Minimum would be 2, max would be 20.

So in order to get max damage I multiply both numbers and the minimum damage is the number before 'd'?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 15, 2011, 01:59:03 am »

Ah ok.

So in order to get max damage I multiply both numbers and the minimum damage is the number before 'd'?
Yes, and yes.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 291