Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566453 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #1995 on: April 01, 2012, 01:33:36 pm »

Those of who you rely on prostitution for money, what do you do for restoring stamina? Just repeated resting?

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: April 01, 2012, 03:20:40 pm »

Wolf Tengu: Invest in the Goods store. That's the one with the lamp sign as opposed to the General Store bag. Also invest in Magic stores on the off chance of Rod of Domination, or of course, buy one with small medals.

Niveras: Resting is basically the only way. I have a variant (ore hack) that tells me what my exact stamina value is, which is always helpful. Otherwise, figure about 2 full rests will do it. 3 to be safe.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: April 01, 2012, 03:45:55 pm »

I have been playing ELM, which also shows stamina. However, takes quite a large number of rests to get back to 'working' condition - often a dozen. Successfully satisfying a client will bring me from 105 to about 50 or 60, sometimes as low as 40. Each rest restores about 10 stamina, although it varies.

I'm not sure if this is normal or if ELM changed resting somehow. Each resting period does seem shorter (fewer NPC actions take place and it seems to last shorter in real time) than in the old version I played, but because that version didn't have an exact counter for stamina I can't be sure. Anyone know if this is the case in the ELM version?

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: April 01, 2012, 06:31:18 pm »

Weird, in my version resting restores roughly 25 stamina. Maybe yours did shorten the rest periods.

There's a mystery I'm trying to solve. In my game, I randomly got a "Your Speed has increased" message without doing any of the normal things, like eating a quickling. I'm observing my Speed now, and it seems certain actions actually train it in Ore Hack. I'm trying to figure out what does, because obviously it would be awesome to train it normally. It goes up very slowly, though, even at the 360% potential it says it's at. The only thing I've found so far is that the extra attacks from dual wielding ("Furthermore, you...") seem to train it a little bit.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: April 02, 2012, 03:40:21 am »

Are you sure it's being trained, or that your slowly able to carry more, making you faster? Because being burdened slows you down.

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: April 02, 2012, 04:45:23 am »

Where can be found the ELM modification?

Thanks

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: April 02, 2012, 10:17:20 am »

Are you sure it's being trained, or that your slowly able to carry more, making you faster? Because being burdened slows you down.
Nope, definitely being trained. Ore Hack lets me see base values for attributes, and my base speed is now 71. I haven't eaten a quickling or hermes' blood yet. I can see the fractional part slowly creep up, too. It's 71.4 or something now.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: April 02, 2012, 11:08:25 am »

Those of who you rely on prostitution for money, what do you do for restoring stamina? Just repeated resting?
Yup. If you want to get faster here are some tips:

1. Use shortcuts. Shift+G for giving the alcohol and Shift+R for resting.
2. Go to settings and set Auto Turn Speed to Highest.
3. When you are not whoring around, buy alcohol whenever you visit somewhere and drop it in one of your buildings. Bonus points if you have a storage house
4. Invest all your money in a shopkeeper in your favorite town. If you invest a lot in a shop, they have more money you can get from them later.

After that you can finish the job (giving alcohol, doing it, resting; all included) in 2 seconds if you have fast fingers. Don't forget to drink blessed healing potions when you are done. You'll get so sick your attributes will hit rock bottom.

Do 2 rests like Singularity said. It works for me. Your stamina and recovery speed depends on your attributes though so it might change for every character.

Recovery speed is always the same for everyone if I remember right though. Not sure.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 05:13:08 pm by Leatra »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: April 02, 2012, 05:11:06 pm »

Where can be found the ELM modification?

Thanks

Posted here.

Direct link. The page is in some Japanese language, but I was able to download it without issue despite it all being a bunch of hash marks and lines to me.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: April 03, 2012, 11:36:09 am »

What's everyone's favourite town?
Everybody!

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: April 03, 2012, 03:57:07 pm »

You can also find ELM along with several other forks over at http://www47.atwiki.jp/elona_valiant/pages/27.html.
I'm still not sure which one does what. ELM seems to work pretty well with everything I've seen so far translated. I tried Omake first but that one was full of Japanese stuff I don't understand.

What's everyone's favourite town?
I'm usually running a lot of deliveries etc so I tend to end up at palmia most of the time. Which is okay because you can find a lot of stuff there. I like port Kapul for the pet arena/normal arena.

I'm not very fond of Derphy because it's a pain finding people when doing deliveries without any guards.  ::)
Going to the quest board and looking for the name there works sometimes at least.  :)
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: April 03, 2012, 04:41:34 pm »

I kinda like Venris.  Call me old fashioned, but hey, I have a soft spot for the 'first towns' in most games.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: April 03, 2012, 05:10:48 pm »

I kinda like Venris.  Call me old fashioned, but hey, I have a soft spot for the 'first towns' in most games.
Heh, me too. My second favorite settlement in TES:Morrowind is Seyda Neen, which is the starting town.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: April 03, 2012, 07:38:47 pm »

Question. Has anyone ever tried nuking a town other then palmia? Like Vernis? I believe there is a guy there that has a sword that has a chance to end the world. Might be worth the penalty for failing the quest.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: April 03, 2012, 07:39:29 pm »

The sword is actually kind of sucky to use for sword-like purposes, or so I hear.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 291