Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569248 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2715 on: June 01, 2013, 05:47:29 pm »

As i just reached level 11 with my usual grinding for items on the low level dungeons of the map, i just noticed.
Has Elona+ 1.9 removed the treasure maps ?
I have made several character in Elona (vanilla) and in my first 10 levels i always found a few treasure maps.

The wiki entry for the treasure maps does not mention anything being different in Elona+ , so is it just me being particularly unlucky with the treasure map spawn chances on that specific character, or has something really changed regarding them in Elona+ ?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: June 01, 2013, 05:58:05 pm »

I'm having a really hard time picking a religion for an Yerles pianist.   .O.

I'd suggest either Yacatect, Opatos, or Kumiromi.

Yacatect is a god useful for pretty much anything. The bonuses to traveling and sense quality will greatly boost your skills in the long run. She has one of the best god gems (Who can say no to more platinum?). The goose pet is slightly bugged though, and doesn't drop platinum 100% when it eats. Her passive makes monster part drops more common, somewhat useful for a player-run shop. Rings/amulets are fairly common so sacrifices won't be too much of an issue.

Opatos gives bonuses to strength and weight lifting (Which is, as you'd expect, really useful for a pianist). The Golden Knight is an all around solid pet requiring little maintenance. Plus he's easy to please (Junk stones/Ore pieces can be found practically anywhere.). The boost to mining skill can be used to grind constitution for greater stamina.

Kumiromi's passive in E+ increases stamina recovery; which is used whenever you perform. Gardening is a worthwhile endeavor for a player who won't be fighting much. Edible wild plants/leaves can be found in the wilderness so sacrifices are not an issue.

I picked up a Mad Scientist.  He seems pretty useless. x3
A wizard with no spells :V, useless sounds about right.

I've gotten maps from dreams.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:00:20 pm by Blaze »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2717 on: June 01, 2013, 06:17:21 pm »

Yeah I think they're less common in Elona+. I actually like it because it means I don't have to go on a cross country trip every thirty minutes or so.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: June 01, 2013, 06:27:51 pm »

Never done one of them I mostly just sell the map or drop it are they good or something?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: June 01, 2013, 06:30:17 pm »

Looks like you get a godly item, some gold (20+k? been a while), platinum (maybe), and small medals. I'd say it's worth a transcontinental trip. Usually.

They do have a lot of value though, so you could probably trade them off to adventurers. Just don't drop them, that's such a waste.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: June 01, 2013, 06:34:45 pm »

Not all of them were great for my characters, but there was sometime some really amazing item generated when digging the location designed in those treasure maps.
And indeed, often great for trading.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: June 01, 2013, 06:48:48 pm »

I'm planning to try this game out. Is there anything in particular I should know about it or certain mods that make it better(like cataclysm's DDA)?
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: June 01, 2013, 07:11:05 pm »

Yeah I think they're less common in Elona+. I actually like it because it means I don't have to go on a cross country trip every thirty minutes or so.
For reference, I've found 7 or so treasure maps and I'm level 24.

I'm planning to try this game out. Is there anything in particular I should know about it or certain mods that make it better(like cataclysm's DDA)?
Elona+ makes the game better, if you don't mind some untranslated or undocumented stuff every once and a while.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: June 01, 2013, 07:17:41 pm »

Is the untranslated stuff somehow selectable for easy copy and paste into translators? If not is it kanji-heavy(I'm fine with hiragana, but suck at kanjis)?

Edit: Also, where does one get elona+?

Edit2: I found a download link on the japanese wiki. Anything else I should hunt down and download for it?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 07:25:22 pm by Ygdrad »

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: June 01, 2013, 07:34:04 pm »

Nope. And the only untranslated bits are very rare until you get to south tyris, which will probably take quite some time.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: June 01, 2013, 07:47:02 pm »

I can also confirm they appear in dungeons. They're rare, I've only found like 2 this way, but IIRC they started showing up around level 20+ dungeons on occasion.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: June 01, 2013, 08:23:15 pm »

D: I decided to create a Candy Failure(no idea what this means) Elea wizard, I got horribly murdered by the putits in the tutorial ><

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: June 01, 2013, 08:50:25 pm »

Ah, so that was you on the online deathlog.

Wizards are very, very, very, very...
...very, very weak at the beginning of the game.

Hit "v" and cast magic at them.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: June 01, 2013, 08:59:06 pm »

I apparently knew no spells, I had some spellbooks, but trying to read them got me attacked by the putits :(

I'll be trying another class.

Edit: Also, for some reason the death text I chose didn't appear in the death message in the chat, it only showed "what happened?". How do I make my message show up instead?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 09:00:54 pm by Ygdrad »

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: June 01, 2013, 08:59:48 pm »

Hit "v" and cast magic at them.

Alternatively, reroll to anything else and learn magic later. Just kidding, Candy Failure is a nickname that should be feared throughout the world (North Tyris at least)

Elona+ at least made Wizards playable. Not as awesome as a snail tourist, but then again, nothing is.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 291