Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569373 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3885 on: August 26, 2014, 08:55:42 am »

Overflow error. The max sale price possible is 65535, it wraps around to 1 once an item's price goes above that. Directly selling to stores nets an obligatory 50% penalty that can't be mitigated by negotiation.
65535? Man they were really trying to save some memory here.
._.

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: August 26, 2014, 05:19:49 pm »

(Playing Elona+) Was wondering what the most popular (english!) IRC is for Elona (if there is one..)?? And also I can't find out if Hero Cheese rots, and I don't really want to walk from Lumiest to my house to brutally find out :>

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: August 26, 2014, 05:57:10 pm »

Try the plain ol' Elona wiki one.

And I'm 99% sure they don't. See if you can return, stuff it in a cooler box, or use antiseptic just to be safe though.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: August 26, 2014, 07:58:20 pm »

Overflow error. The max sale price possible is 65535, it wraps around to 1 once an item's price goes above that. Directly selling to stores nets an obligatory 50% penalty that can't be mitigated by negotiation.
65535? Man they were really trying to save some memory here.

I was using this wiki post. Do you know if the overflow error happens in the players shop as well? Since at the shop in town you are only getting 5% of a weapon/armors price. However, with a demon, I get 28.8%, so the sale price would almost 6x higher...

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Powergamer%27s_guide

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: August 26, 2014, 08:13:32 pm »

when i go into inventory and press 'z', the layout changes. I can't figure out what this is telling me. I am guessing that an "Li' with 2 is lightning resistance with two ## since that matches on one of my items. Is this resistances?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: August 26, 2014, 08:13:56 pm »

Yeah, it's resistances.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: August 27, 2014, 11:10:10 am »

is it possible to change the mode in the inventory to see the buffs such as stats and skills? Its an utter hassle to press 'x' each time to find ones I want to keep. Then its a pain to keep track of the different buffs I have (such as fishing, pickpocket, crafting).. etc. I have to keep separate piles.

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: August 29, 2014, 01:08:10 am »

It works both ways. Just bought a godly speed ring off Moyer for 1gp. He also had a miracle speed ring for 1.9 million.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: August 29, 2014, 11:47:13 am »

I did a test I dont think the overflow affects petshop sales. If I change the value of my ring up, I can get 280k gold for elona rings with top materials (see link to powergaming i posted above to elona wiki) with my demon in the shop. I came back a couple days later and had 350k gold in the shop. didnt see it that closely, but i dont see how i would have got that much if it wasnt for the price of that ring.

there is a new option at mirak and gorals. one of them lets me buy stuff with small medals.the other one has some options with weapons. i dont know what it did. it renamed a the special stave you get for finishing the main quest of Act 1, but didnt seem to have any other affect ? any idea what this this one does? it gives the option of 'i have small medals to spend', but i didnt spend any.,

the name of the item is now 'the                                       no name '
with all the sapces. no other noticeable changes. i when i look at page 2 i see a bunch of 'no data'

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: August 31, 2014, 07:07:40 pm »

Hey, I saw someone on the wikia ask that. Was it you? I answered there too, but the bottom line is there's some new renaming/item description changing thing you can do with Garokk. There's an explanation on the page.

In other news, Elona+ 1.39 dropped sometime earlier. Here's the wikia discussion. Some stuff I managed to understand through the Google translated version:
- Magic damage doesn't drop off with range anymore. Basically it's just like before. A pretty big buff.
- Some kind of skills that make everybody in your party shoot magic bolts at once?
- Something to do with custom race names. Must have been some error because you get 3 race name-changing items at your feet.
- Bigger winning streak bonuses at 100, 200, and 300 (max) for pet arena
- You know those jewel cores of Nefia? You don't need scrolls of gain attribute to use them, and the limit that you can use has been increased.
- I think it says that trader shops eventually get more stock when you buy from them.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: September 01, 2014, 12:24:54 pm »

@Aaron: it also looks like at fight 100,200, you fight  a tougher monster. After level 65-70 with a good fast pet, you beat everything. However, the fame you get drops considerable.

I'd like to start discussing 'super training'/ways to make lots of gold, etc... that you have found in the game. Going to reference a few things so this thread doesn't get too long

1. how to train with the new elona+ god items that lower attributes. i dont know how to take advantage of reduction in stealth yet.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83097.3885

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PICKPOCKET(BY FAR BEST WAY TO TRAIN)

Magic Capacity
SLOW WORLD SPEED/Game Speed without Fetter of Earth

Magic Control

Making Gold

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: September 01, 2014, 02:01:19 pm »

I don't really have anything to contribute because you seem to cover it by yourself, so im mostly posting to say "keep it up".
Though I wonder about the new thinly veiled sleep event with a pet. no idea what it does.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: September 02, 2014, 10:22:37 am »

Making Gold

Panty mongering.. hmm..
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: September 02, 2014, 08:06:26 pm »

Making Gold

Panty mongering.. hmm..

There is no way to get more by wearing them first.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: September 02, 2014, 10:49:31 pm »

There is also no way to "wear them", which is kind of a shame.  The sprite that I'm using for them is pretty, not that it would show on the character sprite, but I like the idea of wearing them more than the idea of using them as a weapon.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 291