Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1296672 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6885 on: November 03, 2016, 08:02:12 pm »

* SeriousConcentrate offers a slow clap.

You're a better man than me, because I'll readily admit I'm never going to try a SL1 run on any of the series. Congrats!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6886 on: November 04, 2016, 05:44:46 am »

Colour me impressed. How do you even do that? Bugstein would kill me every time.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: November 04, 2016, 06:50:01 pm »

That's a pretty open ended question, so here's a video link.  Dropbox because I don't have a youtube account.

If you're referring to Ornstein's hovercraft attack, it's not too bad.  It's dodgable by just running directly to his left.  When he flips out and does a flanking manuever it's usually possible to avoid him by sticking close to pillars or Smough and manuevering carefully.  I imagine it's just less problematic because I'm always unlocked anyway, so watching his progress is rarely an issue.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6888 on: November 05, 2016, 08:44:16 am »

Yeah, I very very rarely get an attempt at O&S where Ornstein doesn't bug out at least once and zoom around the room at random.

It probably says a lot about my playstyle that the poise colossus route didn't even occur to me. :P Impressive, though!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: November 05, 2016, 01:17:04 pm »

Five lightning cerebi. All with spite tattoo artifacts, on-hit panic attack and aftermath, and loaded down with as many other procing spell gems as you please. One fast nature creature with fury swipes (bonus points for cast twice or extra target, and particularly if there's an on-hit chance, too). Start fight. Cast fury swipes on one of the cerebi.

Go get a drink as apocalypse rains down upon existence from a functionally unending loop of proc effects flowing out of your party.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: November 05, 2016, 02:13:23 pm »

I swear, every time you post about that game it sounds better and better.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: November 05, 2016, 02:25:29 pm »

I may get myself that for my birthday.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: November 05, 2016, 02:27:15 pm »

To be fair, it's pretty grindy.* That a lot of it is fairly samey is probably its biggest problem.

... it's just that it's a really, really nice more of the same. The same is pretty awesome. Dragon Quest Monster magic key land on several different kinds of crack.

It's not like it's the best game in the world or anything, but basically it knows what it's trying to do, keeps the scope fairly limited to exactly that, and nails it like a semi full of male hookers. If you're into monster raising games and/or roguelikes, it's pretty easy to recommend. Doubly so if you've got an android machine that'll run it (1 gig ram needed), since it's a fair bit cheaper on those, at the moment.

*The setup described above would take a good long while (we're talking possibly days, if you're not cheating in resources and/or crafting materials) to get fully implemented, ferex. You don't actually need it to kick all sorts of ass -- even one cerberus kitted out like that is pretty capable of recursion looping itself at least until everything on the enemy team is dead, nevermind actually using the fury swipes -- but extremis examples like the above involve a lot of time, particularly if you're starting out. Now, similar stuff that doesn't involve farming up identical legendary materials and bucketloads of particular spell gems with specific properties takes a fair bit less time, but it can still take a while. It's just pretty fun doing it, ahaha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: November 06, 2016, 08:33:04 am »

Finally won 1v1 against the AI on Normal difficulty. Map was Bernieres-Sur-Mur, where both HQs are in dangerously open territory, with a fairly dense town in the middle. The most lucrative territories are on the opposite edge of the map from the HQs separated by bridges on either end(mine and theirs). Knowing full well they'd rush that side and I'd be unable to deal with a flank from that direction, I rushed Demolition Charges to blow up the bridge, then pushed along the riverside to cut off the bridge on their end. To make absolutely sure the connection to their HQ was cut(denying them resources), I also took the territory adjacent to the bridge(and next to their HQ).

On the opposite side of the map, I pushed forward to the territory on the other side of the HQ, cutting off whatever else they had - they've had their entire resource flow(except the tiny fuel and manpower income provided by the HQ) cut off pretty early. For the most part, the only threat I faced was an unusually large number of snipers. They did surprise me with an armored car, but it was immobilized by a combination of mortar shells and a sticky bomb, leaving the mortar to cherry-tap it to death. I immediately built a tank depot and put out a Wolverine and later, another.

During the push on their HQ, I get blindsided by an attack by three tanks coming from the right. I'm assuming it wasn't some AI hack that teleport-spawns tanks outside of line-of-sight(looking at you, Empire Earth), but their top-end commander ability - the only questionable part is how they got the experience to unlock the ability(casualties give XP to their owner as well as killer, I think), or the resources. I had a similar ability. Instead of three tanks, mine summons a Wolverine, an AT gun, an MG crew, and some infantry. I flanked their flankers with a heavy counter. I didn't lose a single TD, not even the one that got blindsided.

After blowing up their HQ, and dealing with any survivors, the game still hadn't ended. Assuming they had a significant force across the river, I brought up all my forces(including another off-map battlegroup), repaired the bridge, and charged. All that was left was a medic station.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: November 06, 2016, 09:34:18 am »

Come, vile beast, and let me slap your shit!

After a few armored gauntlet slaps and drugs, I successfully punched a dragon to death. And then I snuck up on a bandit to celebrate and ended up performing a well-executed german suplex.

The Machoborn has returned! YEAHHHHhhhhhhh!

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: November 06, 2016, 10:50:35 am »

That reminds me of a greentext that was once posted of a grapple-focused monk bringing down a flying dragon by jumping on and pinning its wing.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6896 on: November 06, 2016, 12:37:35 pm »

Killed the Taurus Demon.

With the Straight Sword Hilt.

If you ever want to make the game feel easy, do a run using only your bare hands, the SSH, and free-aimed sniper firebombs*. Real weapons feel like cheating afterwards.

*I've been using them because some situations are nigh-impossible to survive with your ridiculously low damage output. So to prevent that, I lob firebombs from the furthest possible locations to try to thin out the enemies.

Dark Souls.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: November 07, 2016, 01:50:31 am »

Utterly dunked both the Mirror and the Magakumo, which had been giving me hell for forever. The Mirror's fight was just pure luck, honestly. It spammed its big dangerous slow attacks, which gave me time to whittle away at it with Kaguya. Since she was practically my only damage dealer, she ended up getting shuffled around a lot. Alice helped too, despite doing zero damage of her own. She just dodge tanked everything and gave the Manipulation of Dolls bonus to Suika so she could actually do damage.

The Megakato was trickier. I tried it with my old set up a few times and concluded I needed more Dark damage. I switched mostly-dead-weight Alice out for Rumia[Mind piercing Dark damage & AOE heal] and went at it some more. I came quite close to winning a few times, but Rumia just didn't do as much damage as Reisen or Kaguya. So I searched my roster for someone else with Dark damage. And found Hina, where she'd been lying neglected ever since I beat her. I leveled her skills some, gave her Mag Boost and decided to test her on a random encounter while Sakuya kept everyone paralyzed. Biorythm of the Misfortune God->Concentrate->Pain Flow

Hina killed them all with that one shot. The highest damage recorded was a little over forty thousand.

But vaporizing a random encounter is a far cry from dealing with the Mugakuso. And I once again entered the fray. I emptied first Reisen's and then Hina's mp bars onto the thing and lopped off around half its health bar. The tricky bit was after that, when my two "safe" damage dealers were out of mp and the Musakano was accelerating towards being unstoppable. That was where I failed twice, once after it had used World Devouring Devastation. But the third time, I still had most of my roster alive by that point. Most importantly, Reimu and her AOE heal. I peeled away most of the rest of its health bar with Reisen, Suika and Kaguya, but they didn't last long after that. I had only my four tanks, my healers at 1 hp and Hina left. I moved in Eirin and she promptly got paralyzed. I switched her out for Sakuya and she died. Then I switched in Reimu. Since it was my only chance, I then moved in Hina[My sole damage dealer] and Reimu. Reimu's turn came up and I pressed the healing button...

She had 7 mp, of the 8 mp needed for her healing spell. I had her concentrate, hoping against hope the Mumakosa would miss both her and Hina. No such luck. It bopped Reimu square on the face, killing her instantly. And also activating her skill that healed the entire front line when she died. Hina started up her combo again. Biorhythm of the Misfortune God. The Magakumo brought her down to 50 health. The Megakapa's turn came up bare seconds before hers and used its earthquake, killing everyone. Except Hina, who it had missed. Hina, fully [de]buffed, used Pain Flow.

Thirty thousand damage, easily two or three times as much as a Master Spark. The godamn Magatama bites the dust with all of its amber fangs.

TL;DR: Hina is a badass god of damage who takes names and rotates furiously

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: November 07, 2016, 10:53:22 pm »

I was playing Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Lands, and my melee guy killed the final boss with a critical shovel hit. Thats right. He beat cthulhu over the head with a shovel.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: November 09, 2016, 09:52:40 am »

Found a nice, pain-in-the-ass-to-reach location to build a base. Noticed my faction was doing literally nothing to stop an NC push. Neither did I; I was holding down the base. Despite this, I have put zero certs into base buildings since it was released.

Eventually came under attack by some skyknight who's first instinct was to abandon his Reaver and shoot rockets at my sole turret. He runs out of ammo. I see a Vanu Liberator attacking a nearby sector, I hold fire hoping it doesn't notice me. Eventually they do, but they apparently run out of ammo. They come back a while later, and somehow blow all their ammo(AT belly gun and Tank Buster) trying to kill my HIVE, but fail. They try to drop their gunner, but the NC pilot from before shows up, kills him, and gets a Tank Buster to the face. Apparently they run completely out of ammo, and try to crash the Liberator into the HIVE. It doesn't work, looked like one guy died on impact, and I killed the other.

I was finally killed by the NC guy somehow hacking the fighter terminal at a nearby base(despite being a heavy) and killing me with lolpods as I was trying to get another turret set up. When I respawned, I noticed the hacked terminal, changed to Infiltrator to unhack it. This got me my 5th daily ribbon, so I figured I didn't care anymore about the HIVE and logged out.

EDIT: Loaded up an old save that I had little idea of what was going on, except that it was a Tau campaign. Turns out, it was a mid-battle save while I was on the receiving end of an ass-kicking at that hands(feet?) of the Eldar. My troops were getting cut apart left and right by Howling Banshees, all scattered to hell, and most of my strategic points were under attack as well. Shas'o Kais was almost dead.

I pulled everyone I could back to base and started building more Fire Caste and Pathfinder squads. Few enough of the Eldar followed allowing me to regroup and destroy them. One of the Fire Caste guys even managed a melee synch-kill on of the Banshees - which involved him bashing the Eldar in the groin with his rifle, then shooting her in the face repeatedly. Not to be outdone, Shas'o Kais pulled off a synch kill on a Harlequin, punching her in the face, then shooting fusion blaster rounds through her face.

After that, it was just finding the two enemy bases and melting every Eldar from over a screenlength away.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 05:38:26 pm by Akura »
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 709