Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292493 times)

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2011, 09:57:46 pm »

3:00 on the clock, the AI starts to get really nasty.
Me and three AI allies guard the objective, while what seems like their entire team rolls up. I take down three before I get dropped, and wait for my team mates to kill the rest. The only one left standing was the medic, who revived me. As I got back up, the next enemy reinforcement wave comes, around another flank. I vault across the fountain in the middle into their right flank and gun down three, before needing to reload. I switch to my automatic pistol, shoot another, wound and then knife the fifth. As I reload, my team mates drop the last guy. I rush forward to where they've been coming from, and drop a mine. As I run back to the objective, the mine goes off, killing the other two enemies. At the moment, there are no standing enemies on the map. As I repair my turret that I placed earlier, the enemy charge in a two pronged assault, breaching our defenses, and killing my team mates. I turn, jump, and bounce off the wall, firing the whole way, taking down one, and wounding another. I jump from the door frame, firing at the first guy, killing him, before meleeing the second, knocking him to the floor, before finishing him off with a few bullets to the head. The hack meter starts to go up, so I turn, and toss my grenade in, killing one, and knocking two others over, stopping the hack. I run in and take out the two floored ones as they get up, but get hammered by a heavy with a mini-gun. I go down right as my team mates arrive, dropping the heavy and reviving me. The timer hit 0:00, and I stood up and cheered. At 11:00 at night.

I seriously got 10000+ experience in that game. Twas glorious.

Brink, on the Security What-If mission with the downed chopper, at the last obejctive.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2011, 04:22:41 pm »

Spoiler: Fuck yes (click to show/hide)

Thump

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2011, 04:49:51 pm »

Some cops were raiding our hideout in a Blackhawk. They did a few loops around and fired down at us with the mounted chainguns, killing most of us... I managed to run out of the camp with an RPG-7. I stayed still behind some bushes and a rock, and the Blackhawk landed a moment later.

As a few of them hopped out, I sighted my RPG in on the chopper... and pulled the trigger.

Fwoosh... BOOM!

Chopper explodes. They're all dead. The few of us still alive hop into our jeeps and escape.

currie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2011, 05:53:32 pm »

What game is that Thump? It sounds delectable.

Tropico 3: I purposely gave myself the hardest possible starting point because this game is far to easy. Needless to say I got miles in over my head- I managed to get stinking rich but the problems kept mounting.

My island was covered in rebels and protests and the military, the only faction still loyal to me, were down to 'neutral'. And then the strikes started. I pondered for a while before deciding to shoot a few as an example to the rest. Somehow this lead to an uprising. My 20 Spec-Ops and half the police (and, curiously, a college professor)  ended up clustered around the palace fending off a horde of civilians throwing rocks. I killed dozens of them but they were too many- all seemed lost. Then the policemen on the rebel side retreated all at once which removed all the firepower of the protesters and let me regain the upper-hand.

Soon they were all running away and pretending they weren't involved by hiding in their workplaces.

But the crowning moment of awesome? Forcing the striking builders who kick-started it all to build me more army bases. Dig your own grave boys!

Thump

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2011, 06:00:25 pm »

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead. I mostly play two game modes.. Zargabad Life, which is sort of like an 'RP-light' game mode. City with legal jobs, people can play cops, there's drug running, terrorism (including suicide/car bombs) etc. etc. The cops are more like military police than police officers - access to some pretty heavy duty weaponry. (This is what I was playing in the example above)

The other mode is Insurgency, where ~90% of the people play as coalition forces (US/UK usually) and hunt down insurgent weapons caches. Only 4 people can play as insurgents, but the interesting thing is that while most of the insurgents are bots, the 4 human players can hop into the body of any insurgent at any time. And you look no different from the bots. So the coalition forces can never tell who to really fear. :) It's a lot of fun.

currie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2011, 06:10:16 pm »

Ah Arma: mother, teacher, secret lover. I wish I could find my Arma2 manual, there's barely any vanilla OA servers and you need the cd key to play CO.

Zarga Life can be quite tedious, but when you get a good group of people on it's one of the best anythings ever. My last ownage in ZL was stealing a cop's dirtbike whilst he was searching a building. Cue every cop in the game coming after me with choppers and machine guns. And ignoring all the open warfare between gangs.  :P

I eventually got away by convincing one of the gangs I had an HMG hidden somewhere, he picked me up in a chopper and we flew off. I'm fairly sure you cant even get HMGs in ZL. ^^

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2011, 06:32:59 pm »

Sent in an armored force of walkers and Crawlers, and when they hit the outer Rebel base, I called in gunships and bombers to hit their static defenses. With all resistance crushed in one fell swoop, I moved the armored force on a destructive rampage through the rest of the base, the gunships taking care of the outer mines and power generators, and the bombers hitting the rather crowded hilltop that had numerous mines and generators.
Throughout the attack, only one walker was lost, and only three units total throughout the whole game. All too easy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2011, 09:50:15 pm »

Playing Minecraft, shoot a creeper and kill it, it's corpse is in that rare state of dead, but going to explode anyways. It blows up its comrades, behind a dirt wall, that I had not seen, and also revealed some iron.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2011, 07:15:30 pm »

Playing CoD: Black Ops with two friends (It's what I bought it for), we're constantly hitting the top of the scoreboard. Got a lot of insults from guys on the other team for some strange reason. So many awesome kills, including me sneaking into a room, sticking semtex to someone and running away.

I learned to love the M60 today.

Next stop: connecting a microphone of some sort to my PS3 so I can trash talk with my friends. I was on the receiving end of a lot of shit today, and I want to be able to sling some back, damnit!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2011, 07:24:26 pm »

I survived a blood moon starting at three hit points without healing. Got about a dozen lenses out of it too.

(Terraria)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2011, 11:21:11 pm »

1) Tactical Boots
2) Tactical Armor
3) Tactical Shotgun
4) Tactical Rocket Launcher
5) Fireangel
6) ...
7) OWNAGE!!!

Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2011, 11:35:44 pm »

Did a suicide charge against a fully-manned German controlled trench.
2 T-36 tanks.
3 squads of infantry made of mostly riflemen and SMG soldiers. There were 5 MG soldiers and 1 AT sniper.

The tanks went down in a flash, the rear area of the defensive line was crawling with self-propelled guns and AT guns. Several soldiers died during the charge from heavy MG fire, then we dove for the dirt and started spamming grenades. The enemies cleared the trench and dove for cover, we picked them off from there. Them, alongside several tank crew members, stormed the trench and cleared part of it, then they jacked several AT guns and fired at the other, German manned ones. My AI ally finally saw it as a good idea to charge at the same spot, they rolled right over the enemy infantry since they had no AT guns left, a few tanks went down because of AT snipers though. I took a few howitzers that were bombarding the fields we staged the attack from and more or less flattened the city.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2011, 12:00:43 am »

Operations mode, Killzone 3.

Objective, take back the control room from the ISA.
Medic w/ his trusty LMG of win

Took down a guy bum rushing me from the control room with my LMG, there were 3 others inside the control room, focused on gunning down allies who were trying to enter from another vantage point.  I aim my sights, popping another guy before heading into the control room.  1 of them was waiting for me in the corner, I handidly gunned him down with iron sights and was already on the other, who was only just reacting to my presence.  Shot him full of holes.
2 more ISA came in, chasing after me.  I shot back, firing off a few bullets before...  *Hollow Clicks*  Out of ammo.  Surprisingly, I was not gunned down, one of them opted to bum rush me, missing as I side stepped his shots.  As he got close, wham, deft punch to the side of his head takes him down.  As for the other, he was shooting at me, but I ran around the pillar to the otherside of him, before greeting him with a knife to the jugular.

Objective was recaptured, for the time being.  6 Kills in as little as 30 seconds.  Probably last at least half as many of my own allies since they were not focusing on me most of the time.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2011, 01:04:14 am »

Beam sword combo up close, throw it to the side then back away firing my shields grenade launchers. Then I throw THAT aside and fire a few rounds of my rifle, then fly into the air, the hilt of my other beam sword comes flying from my hip into my hand, and holding it in reverse, I fly down, stab them through the chest (WITHOUT LOOKING), and pull it out. Both of us remain still for a second.

Then he explodes gloriously.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2011, 06:49:25 pm »

Game. Now.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 709