Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292582 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #210 on: August 07, 2011, 05:24:26 pm »

Playing as England, I forged a heretical alliance with Spain and Venice, the other two excommunicated factions.

The French Pope (who had the title of "the Corrupt") was making increasingly heavy demands, culminating with ordering me to send my faction heir on the Crusade. Well, I complied, and siezed Jerusalem with a force consisting of two units of peasants, two units of Mailed Knights, and a couple units of mercenary ranged cavalry. I promptly sent them back to their ships and started the voyage home, while also gifting the city to the Milanese, one of my more annoying enemies. French fleets sank my ships on their return voyage, killing my faction heir.

I negotiated alliances with the Venetians and Spanish, launching a united offensive against France. The Pope commanded me to cease hostilities, I ignored him, and I reduced France to Paris and a few southern regions, while also assassinating every member of their royal family and exterminating the population of every city and castle I siezed. At about this time, my finest killer-for-hire arrived in Rome, successfully killing the Pope. A Milanese cardinal was elevated, and died mysteriously half a year later. This proceeded for quite a while, until a Hungarian Pope was elected, Hungary being one of the few still-neutral Catholic nations.

All in all, I assassinated the entire French royal family and 4 Popes, while also capturing most of their territory, in 2.5 years.  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 07, 2011, 06:24:03 pm »

Hmmm. Is it possible to kill off the papacy? To reduce all the cardinals to none?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 07, 2011, 06:45:39 pm »

Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 07, 2011, 06:55:44 pm »

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 07, 2011, 10:34:22 pm »

I summoned ragnarok in a sewer. It was fun.
Everybody!

NotAQuisling

• Bay Watcher
  • Openly Fey
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2011, 08:27:45 pm »

Landed for the first time on slapstick in a super hornet. I ran out of runway near the end and did a 90 degree turn onto the road that connects the front of the runway to the back just barely missing the ocean.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Download complete in 15 Days and 7 Hours

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 08, 2011, 10:01:41 pm »

Playing Dungeons and Dragons Online, on my level 5 ranger character. I got really bored, felt a little stupid, and decided to commit seppuku. Went and tried to solo the Tear of Dhakaan quest, a level 7 quest that heavily recommends having a party. I won. Enemies just kept barely missing me, critical rolls kept being confirmed, I dodged a lightning bolt, it was just the perfect rush of luck. Of course, right afterward I died on a level 3 quest, but whatever. I'm basking in this.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2011, 10:44:07 pm »

LoL, signed. Flipan like a boss (basically stalemate between 4 guys of my team and 5 of theres, I run in and just throw one after the other into my teammates, ended the game with like 21 assists of 30 kills total done...

Space station 13, CE. Rev round, build massive emitter array outside of escape, hooked up to solars... death-ray all revs (and quite a lot of innocent crew), admins call me a magnificent bastard.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 09, 2011, 12:47:56 am »

EDIT: That was awkward. I thought this was the "How did you last die?" thread. :P

Hammerfight. Three guys came in for the next Arena round; I smashed one of them so hard he slammed into a cliff and exploded. I giggled.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 09, 2011, 12:52:38 am »

I shot someone with a flare gun

I blew up a gas station right when I was surrounded by a horde of zombies. Needless to say, I was turned to ash too.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 09, 2011, 02:14:34 am »

Shot a garden gnome into space. I dragged that little guy through pretty much the entire game XD

Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 09, 2011, 03:44:01 am »

I killed 2 Heavy's with one round with my Force A' Nature.

Team Fortress 2.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 09, 2011, 08:27:17 am »

I have a few.

Super Meat Boy, 100%! Oh yeah! And I have decided that the level Tunnel Blower in Cotton Alley is the hardest level in the game.

Cortex Command, I discovered how good the repeller gun is, it cuts all humans into itty bitty pieces, sadly it's not good at killing dummies. The specific *Ownage* I did though involved a Robot 2's upper body and a repeller gun, lets just say he went FAST!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 14, 2011, 06:14:09 am »

Well, it goes something like this.

"President Madagascar! A man with a gun has infiltrated the building!"

"Meh"

"But he's coughing!"

"SHUT. DOWN. EVER- *bang*

*bang bang*

*bang*

I managed to kill the leader of Madagascar with a 25% chance of success. *Shadow President*
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 14, 2011, 06:28:31 am »

I love Pandemic 2. After madagascar it gets pretty easy, though.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 709