Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292876 times)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #300 on: November 07, 2011, 11:21:39 am »

Jumped into the air and tossed my shield downwards, fired a shot at my shield which ricocheted and hit the enemy, then yanked out a huge ass sword, struck a pose, and jammed it through their torso. Always a classic.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #301 on: November 07, 2011, 11:34:01 am »

Sent a single Flagship CnC Dreadnought armed with my best technology against an enemy fleet. It killed 5 enemy dreadnoughts and distracted them long enough for my cloaked biowar cruisers to launch their payload and hit the enemy world with an assimilation plague. A few turns later, their homeworld was mine.

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 07, 2011, 12:00:44 pm »

Performed a fully charged draw strike with my great sword on a charging, enraged G-rank Rathalos. I hit him in the head and killed him

Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 07, 2011, 12:09:20 pm »

Flying around Troy in my relatively pimped Tarsus (for a new game). Dual missile launchers fully stocked with FF missiles, meson cannons, engine upgrades, afterburners, and the glorious B&S Omni with full friend or foe recognition and ITTS - cost more than my ship!

So, I'm going through a 5 waypoint patrol, and I run into a lone Dralthi (which takes me several minutes and 6 missiles to down) and two squads of three Retro Talons. Luckily I burn through both squads with only taking moderate damage.

I'm down to 3 missiles, several of my systems are moderately damaged, and my rear armor is almost completely gone. I hit the last point, and there's a squad of three Pirate Talons. Need to even the odds fast - lock the nearest one and fire two missiles at the same time, and he goes up in flames instantly. The other two start pounding on me, and I jink around while stuttering the afterburner to throw off their shots, and do a couple head on passes with both of them. I nail through one of their shields and their cockpit section and port wing go into the red. That'll give me a moment free from him, so I tap the afterburners and get onto the third Talon's tail. I fire my meson cannons into him, and drop the rear shields... and boom! He's gone.

Suddenly, my cockpit starts sparking, my radar is filled with static, and my rear armor is completely gone. My shields are completely gone. I check the damage, and almost everything is dark orange - including my maneuvering thrusters. I've dropped from 300km/s to 70 km/s. I slowly lumber my Tarsus around towards the final enemy, and I see him looping around for a final run. Full armor in the front, so I go to a dead stop (not like I could outmaneuver anyway) and he starts flying towards me, head on. I open up a few seconds before he's in range, and hammer down his shields. Several of his shots hit me - more sparks, my front armor is almost gone - and he veers off to the side early as my cannons smash into his armor.

I fire my last missile, and it unfortunately strikes him in the rear... setting his engines to red, but he's still alive. I barely maneuver in time and fire a string of shots at maximum range as he's beginning to loop around for the kill run, and somehow one of them hits and he explodes.

:D It was an intense dogfight. I limp back to the nearest station (thankfully running into no enemies on the way), get my paycheck, and upgrade to a shiny new Centurion.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 12:14:35 pm by KatalDT »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 07, 2011, 05:30:38 pm »

Sent a single Flagship CnC Dreadnought armed with my best technology against an enemy fleet. It killed 5 enemy dreadnoughts and distracted them long enough for my cloaked biowar cruisers to launch their payload and hit the enemy world with an assimilation plague. A few turns later, their homeworld was mine.
GAME. PLEASE.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #305 on: November 07, 2011, 05:49:53 pm »

GAME. PLEASE.
Sword of the Stars 1

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 07, 2011, 05:53:42 pm »

THANK YOU   :)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #307 on: November 07, 2011, 05:56:56 pm »

THANK YOU   :)
Any time. The game is fantastic... and cheap on Steam right now. $20 for the game + all expansions.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42890/?snr=1_4_4__13

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 07, 2011, 05:59:49 pm »

I got it even cheaper in the week before the sequel came out  :P

Haven't gotten very far into it, so I didn't recognize the stuff you were talking about.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #309 on: November 07, 2011, 06:02:15 pm »

I got it even cheaper in the week before the sequel came out  :P

Haven't gotten very far into it, so I didn't recognize the stuff you were talking about.
Hit me up in PM if you ever want to try your hand at a game. I play multiplayer sometimes, though I am far from an expert.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2011, 06:36:04 pm »

19 Kills, one death, 20 shots total fired.

Only a simple mind can be certain.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #311 on: November 07, 2011, 07:19:43 pm »

19 Kills, one death, 20 shots total fired.

So you shot yourself with the 20th bullet? :v
Just kidding, that's fuggin pro!

Also, this one time where I was playing Hammerfight, I hit an enemy so hard that the slowmo actually reversed time (it has happened more than once, don't know what triggers it). Feelsgoodman. C:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 09, 2011, 10:35:08 pm »

Wave 65: Branderburg Blitz. Yep, it's gonna be a bad day.
Wave 66: Branderburg Blitz. Yep, it's gonna be a bad day.

And I survive it with only one death, and that was the soldier in front of the gunners as a bullet soak anyway.

(Branderburgs are Infiltrators that come on from the side of the map, carry the WW2 German Early Assault Rifle and have near demonic accuracy. One Blitz is usually enough to take out my defences, two in a row is both horrifically unlucky and probably an Instakill in usual circumstances.)

Mud and Blood 2
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 09, 2011, 11:52:00 pm »

Playing Dungeons and Dragons Online. Trying to range a beholder. Using a longbow, which only crit on a natural 20, once they are confirmed. Using a longbow which does 2d6 holy damage per shot, with arrows that do 1d6 fire damage. Turn on multi-shot to shoot double arrows for 20 seconds. Pop out of cover and instantly make my saves against two Finger of Death's that the beholders love to spam. Fire off my shots and pray for no anti-magic cone. First four arrows are criticals, all my extra damage dice for arrows and such are coming out 5's and 6's. I killed it in five seconds flat, where a normal fight with one leaves me dead.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 12, 2011, 01:26:06 pm »

Shot a pregnant girl, blew up a fledgling proto-planet, then discovered I had a bounty of about 225,000¢ for murdering a religious leader.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 709