Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292486 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #840 on: November 10, 2012, 09:05:51 am »

(wasn't going to risk the good stuff on people I figured were dead)
You get your guys' equipment back even if they all die.

...I was not aware of this. That makes a great deal of difference.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 10, 2012, 09:21:02 am »

After Finally finding the undead parish bonfire, I accidentally aggro'ed that huge metal mini boss. I realized I was going to die so I drew him out and took a swing at him.
ERRRGHJHJGJH!
I killed the Mini-boss in a few swipes.
 Then some Priest Dude started fling magic at me, so I hid behind a pillar and took pot shots at him with my bow and arrow.
The fire-keeper soul is mine, now I have to march my ass all the way back to Firelink.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 10, 2012, 12:45:57 pm »

My L6 Orc Rogue, Zog, took on an ape in the close confinements of a corridor in the Dungeons of Doom or whatever it is. It was pretty unpleasant, that ape got multiple shots per turn at me and got my health down pretty low. Thankfully, throwing all my daggers at it up close and some stabs with a runed dagger killed it.

The win? The ape dropped a cloak of displacement!

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 10, 2012, 12:58:22 pm »

I've just won my first game of LCS, and good god is the Liberal Guardian is overpowered. At least I'm calling it overpowered, since 10~ college students managed to turn the entire country liberal while committing only one crime (which only happened because I accidentally hit the attack button). Oh, and none of the college students had over 40 juice, and their writing skills were at best 6 (except for the founder, of course). Honestly my previous run-and-gun tries were much, much more harder than that run. It think I might try it on nightmare next time, honestly.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 10, 2012, 01:54:20 pm »

Bear in mind that Nightmare Mode starts with C+ Free Speech laws... making the Liberal Guardian illegal at first.  ;)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 10, 2012, 01:56:59 pm »

I know, hence why my founder will get funky with as many actors as possible, since they affect free speech laws the most.

EDIT: Well, as soon as I find an actor, that is.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 02:25:05 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 11, 2012, 02:19:42 pm »

A stupid Grenadier with a big-ass axe swung it and tried to hit me. Luckily, the wind-up took 2 hours and I dodged out of the way. He still swung like an idiot, hit one of his buddies, knocking him down. I finished the job and plunged my hidden blade into his throat.

I was walking in the woods and I spotted a cougar resting near a cliff. I ran right toward it, and it got so scared it ran off the cliff.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 11, 2012, 02:42:35 pm »

My home region was surrounded on two sides by map edges, and a third by water, leaving only one path for my new settlers to travel: south, through a narrow mountain pass, into barbarian-held territory. I sent them with two shiny new archers and two somewhat-obsolete warriors, for protection.

Except, as I moved through the pass, I discovered the barbarians had founded a town just to the south. The town was size 2 and had a single fortified archer - not a real threat, but too much for my ragtag band. I ignored them and moved past.

A turn later: a fucking red dragon decides to roost in the town. Strength 29, before promotions and town fortifications, against my strength 3 archers. My small band are now completely cut off from reinforcements (all the nearby forests are on fire, and I don't have any ships yet), deep in barbarian territory. I find a nice coastal spot for my new city - except it's only ~4 tiles from the dragon roost, and is directly adjacent to a goblin camp. Within 2 turns, I'm surrounded by goblin archers (defensive strength 6 + 50% terrain bonus!), and being battered by waves of warriors.

I survive the ever-worsening odds against endless hordes of goblin warriors and archers, before reinforcements finally slip through: my first Ritualist, and a couple of Adepts. The Ritualist proceeds to use summoned Imps to clear out the ~8 archers encamped around my city, finally allowing me to break out and raid the goblin camp, stopping the immediate threat of attacks.

Best of all, I now have a narrow route down the coast, where I can safely explore and possibly expand, and I'm only a tech or two away from transport-capable ships, so I can ferry reinforcements down. Now, I just have to figure out WTF to do about this stupid dragon, since his culture radius covers two different mana-providing unique improvements...

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 11, 2012, 03:14:53 pm »

You're lucky that Acheron doesn't leave his city :P

My suggestion is getting hold of Mardero, maybe Meshabber of Dis for him.

Or just a ridiculous group of siege & city raider champions.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 11, 2012, 03:21:47 pm »

I was kinda thinking, "Maybe this isn't so bad. I just got Pyre Zombies, which explode on death. I've got several free Moebius Witches with Fireball, which also explodes on death. And my Ritualist has Ring of Flames, which could bring him down to 40% health easily! Maybe I can damage him enough without late-game tech."

Then, I remember: "Wait, isn't he fire immune?!"
EDIT: Yep, fire immune. Also magic immune, so my plan of cross-training into other magic won't help. Guess I'll ignore him until I get some late-game heroes.

Oh, and my first Moebius Witch was Rebellious. Having never played Sheaim before, I didn't know if all planar gate units had that trait or not, and didn't know how it worked (I thought she'd become hostile to all units, including barbarians). My reaction was to send her towards the dragon, learn Summon Chaos Maurader, and suicide her for a bit of scouting information. Of course, she flipped three moves away from my city, so now Acheron has a Summoner/Arcane Moebius Witch as well.  :o

I'm seeing a lot more deaths in my future before this campaign is over. Reminds me of my first-ever FFH2 game, where I got pinned between Acheron on one flank, and the Clan on the other. That ended... badly.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 06:24:56 pm by Thexor »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: November 12, 2012, 04:00:59 am »

I and fellow plotters successfully murdered William the Conquer and all of his sons without ever being found out.

The new king of England, as a result of my murders and some amount of non-related deaths, is not only possessed, but has 6 deadly sin traits. Oh, and he's old. :P

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 12, 2012, 01:53:02 pm »

I started a new game as Tachibana, on very easy this time around because damn if Japan isn't a hard land to unite.

In any case, I'm not sure if it's glitched or if it's the difficulty but my inflation rate is perpetually -.50 regardless of how high I put the mint. This has essentially killed any economy problems I had to deal with, which helps since Tiara decided to turn on me at the same time Minomoto did a last ditch-effort attack on my islands (didn't notice them crossing the strait).

I now own minomoto, but Tiara has vassalized Fujiwara and it's us two left, and my military is weak. This is a ownage though because I think I have a plan to drive them back. I can at least whoop their navy, so my capital is safe and sound. I just hope they don't take too much of the old Minomoto lands from me.

Also I have 50+ Badboy and am having no negative effects thanks to the most broken easymode ever.

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 12, 2012, 02:54:37 pm »

The enemy had just snatched our flag and were fleeing in their 'Hog. I ran through the teleporter to try and put myself between them and their base. They were going to pass me in about 3 seconds, so I grabbed the Fuel Rod Gun nearby and blasted away. The first shot flipped their Warthog instantly, crushing the driver as it turned over. The passenger kept running though, so I had to chase him down. Eventually, I recaptured our flag right on the doorstep of the enemy base.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 12, 2012, 10:52:33 pm »

I was kinda thinking, "Maybe this isn't so bad. I just got Pyre Zombies, which explode on death. I've got several free Moebius Witches with Fireball, which also explodes on death. And my Ritualist has Ring of Flames, which could bring him down to 40% health easily! Maybe I can damage him enough without late-game tech."

Then, I remember: "Wait, isn't he fire immune?!"
EDIT: Yep, fire immune. Also magic immune, so my plan of cross-training into other magic won't help. Guess I'll ignore him until I get some late-game heroes.

Oh, and my first Moebius Witch was Rebellious. Having never played Sheaim before, I didn't know if all planar gate units had that trait or not, and didn't know how it worked (I thought she'd become hostile to all units, including barbarians). My reaction was to send her towards the dragon, learn Summon Chaos Maurader, and suicide her for a bit of scouting information. Of course, she flipped three moves away from my city, so now Acheron has a Summoner/Arcane Moebius Witch as well.  :o

I'm seeing a lot more deaths in my future before this campaign is over. Reminds me of my first-ever FFH2 game, where I got pinned between Acheron on one flank, and the Clan on the other. That ended... badly.
What game is this? Sounds kinda awesome!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 12, 2012, 11:13:38 pm »

He said it in his other post above that one.

It's the Fall From Heaven II mod for Civ4.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 709