Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292676 times)

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1035 on: December 29, 2012, 11:38:56 am »

half death half ownage:

The previous mission 3 of my A team were wounded and i get a terror mission right afterwards. -.- I send in a squad of a Cpt.assault a Cpt. support a squadie assault and 3 rookies.Armed in laser weapons for the veterans and the first level armor upgrade for all. I wonder into a cyberdisk and 1 turn later into a group of 3 chryssalids. I'm holding my own and take down the chryssalids and damage the cyber disk as another group of chryssalids shows up. rookies start dieing. civilians start dieing. I end up with only the two captains left and proceed to kite a couple of zombies back to the skyranger and take them out.

I now have the choice whether to abort or try to face the hordes of chryssalids and zombies that are left. FILDI! my assault and support proceed to take out around 12 more enemies by themselves. for some reason in this game I am either ridiculously lucky or unlucky. no in between.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 29, 2012, 12:13:30 pm »

Kirlia: Will melt your brain. I had thought it would win a contenst for cuteness, but then I tried it and got stomped.
Obviously you need to put it in a contest for something else. Without changing anything. It will go perfectly, you'll see!
Probably not, since I haven't given her any PokeBlocks, partly because that creepy old guy who works as your partner running the blender keeps missing points.

Finished the main storyline of Skyrim. Have all Legendary Dragon heavy armor, all enchanted with health regen (except the helmet, which is waterbreathing,) with Heavy Armor skill maxed out. Have a Dragonbone Greatsword, Two Handed skill maxed out. Two shot dragons as soon as they hit the ground. Most enemies can't do damage to me.

Muahaha.
And then a giant comes along, and launches you into the moon.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 29, 2012, 05:27:41 pm »

Finished the main storyline of Skyrim. Have all Legendary Dragon heavy armor, all enchanted with health regen (except the helmet, which is waterbreathing,) with Heavy Armor skill maxed out. Have a Dragonbone Greatsword, Two Handed skill maxed out. Two shot dragons as soon as they hit the ground. Most enemies can't do damage to me.

Muahaha.
And then a giant comes along, and launches you into the moon.
Then he falls back down and chops the giant in half.

BOSSES NEVER DIE.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 29, 2012, 08:36:35 pm »

Snuck into enemy territory with a few people, 4 times in 20 minutes, and destroyed 3 of the enemy miners without them killing any of ours.  They resigned by midgame because it had held back their economy so badly.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1039 on: December 29, 2012, 10:49:30 pm »

Shot a stick of Dynamite that a powder ganger threw at me out of the air, killing him and his two mates, without using VATS.

Ok so it was a complete accident, I still claim it as ownage :P

Fallout New Vegas
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:51:23 pm by The Darkling Wolf »
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 30, 2012, 10:32:51 am »

The skies above Okrir lit up a fiery red in the night sky.

The war between the Republic of Humanity and the Vurean Council had dragged on. An ancient ship, powerful in design and advanced in technology, had been influencing the field of battle for the Vurean side. The Republic's massive industrial capacity and population, on the other hand, more than made up for it. Though the Vureans had more colonies, the Republic's colonies were far higher-quality, particularly New Terra, the Republic's homeworld.

It had been years since the war had first began. Fleets and strike forces traded ships, the debris of war floating, orbiting planets throughout the two empires. Now, in a stroke of bold madness, the Republic sought to crush the Vureans' fighting spirit. The 6th and the 15th fleets, assisted by two strike groups, had jumped into orbit around the Vurean homeworld. The massive defensive installations, stations dedicated solely to firepower, massive power plants firing up just to power the laser batteries and missile racks, fighter bays launching countless Ackdarian fighters.

The losses were heavy. Cruisers, torn apart by the blistering fire as their shields failed. Republic carriers launched scores of interceptors and torpedo bombers, but it seemed not enough.

Then, the shields failed on one installation. Explosions wracked its hull. In a massive explosion, metal and flesh was thrown out violently. Then the second base fell. Finally the third.

The ships of the republic moved closer to their main target: the massive Space Port, an orbital installation allowing for millions of tons of cargo to be shipped on and off-world, the center of trade for the Vurean Council. They showed no mercy.

For a month, the ships of the Republic watched over Vurean. No troops landed: the massive defensive fortifications dug by the hundreds of thousands of Ackdarian forces meant that there was no way to assault the planet's surface. The Republic waited. For a month, no cargo made it on to Okrir: it was cut off from the galaxy.

Then the Republic ships left. The war dragged on for another few months, and the Republic managed to steal a system from the Vureans. A cease-fire was called. The Vureans had paid dearly, though. Their industrial capacity was greatly weakened: Their once glorious space port, a hub of trade, twisted metal stained with the blood of innocent civilians.

The Republic of Humanity, however, had experienced a great shift: their great victory had shown the might of the empire, especially since Ackdarian admirals had headed some of the fleets. Soon, with massive popular support, the Republic was no more. It was reborn, the Federation of Human Planets. Tired of war, they realized it was better to live in peace, and have equality for all.

Now, it is the year 2773. The Federation is boxed in by the Vureans towards the Galactic Core, and the Sluken Conformity towards the Rim. They have powerful allies in the Free Kiadia Alliance, the only other empire in the galaxy with similar power. Only time will tell how the Federation grows in the future.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:49:19 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 31, 2012, 01:32:13 pm »

Playing a knight for the first time in Nethack. Shortly after dipping my long sword in a fountain and getting Excalibur, I killed a random dingo. Said random dingo dropped a long sword named Fire Brand. That's like getting a Stone of Jordan drop from a random lvl 1 fallen in Diablo 2 or finding a shiny...anything in Pokemon. Praise the RNG!

I now have 2(!) artifact long swords, a lance, a saddled pony named Applejack for the luls, loads of veggies for said pony, two different eggs that may or may not hatch into dragons sometime, some decent armor, some food rations for myself, and miscellaneous other scrolls and potions picked up off the dungeon floor.

Aaaaw yeah, I need to play knight more often.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: December 31, 2012, 01:41:45 pm »

I get rushed. Get into the feel of the game. I run around a corner, and there's three Replica's and a Heavy Armor Replica, unaware of me as of yet. Instead of falling back and gunning them down in a firefight, as I usually do, I dash in with the shotgun. I blow one of the normal soldiers away with a shotgun blast, and hit the slowmo.
The Heavy Armor Replica turns towards me, and I put eight shotgun shells into his face. He dies without firing a shot. The next Replica I blast with two more shells. The final Replica, I dash at, and melee him as he's turning to fire.
All this takes place in about five seconds of slow-mo time, which is more like a second of real time. I literally got out of my chair and was talking smack at the dead Replicas. "Who's the bitch now, motherfucker?! FUCK WITH ME AGAIN!"

And something I noticed. Now, when I see Replicas and they see me, they say, "We can't stop him! Fall back and regroup!" Awww yeah, bitches. Grenade me, flank me, outnumber me, outgun me, and outmanuever me. I'm so unholy hell fast it doesn't matter.

Also, I'm almost on the last level. I'm in some ruined tenement building, and I turn a corner. One of the twelve foot tall armored mechs with laser cannons falls through the ceiling and starts chasing me. I killed him with the shotgun. I'm so in love with this shotgun. At anything under fifteen feet, it's one shot, one kill. Anywhere from thirty to fifteen feet, it's three or so shots. And if they're grouped up tightly enough, you can kills several of them.

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 31, 2012, 03:34:52 pm »

With just three plays left in the game, my team of Norsemen(Norse by NorseWest) manages to run in a touchdown giving us the lead. After the kickoff the Amazonians proceed to decimate my defense and move into position to score. With one play left they throw a bomb of a pass but my star player managed to intercept and effectively win the game.

Too bad my Yeti was killed by a blitz earlier in the game.

Only a simple mind can be certain.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: December 31, 2012, 05:48:56 pm »

Pendrake the awesome knight's adventures continue.

I drank from a fountain while roaming the dungeon floors looking for a floating eye. I release a water demon. Oh fuuu-
Code: [Select]
The water demon is grateful for being released and offers to grant a wish!
What do you wish for?
>bag of holding
I now have 2 blessed artifact longswords I'm skilled at using, good luck, a warhorse named Applejack for the luls, a blessed saddle, good armor including a mithril coat, a blessed +1 lance (which is slightly corroded at the moment) and the skill to use it, and a bag to keep all my excess food, scrolls, and potions, including a couple extra bottles of holy water, and this bag will keep me from being overburdened all the time.

I think I'm getting the hang of this.
EDIT: While testing some wands I just found I have an uncursed wand of wishing! Holy asdqafafvgp--I wished for an amulet of life-saving, and I'm thinking of saving the wand and wishing for a blessed ki-rin figurine and a spellbook of stone to flesh after I get Merlin's Mirror. Boom, awesome mount who I don't need to feed. Oh man this game is going great.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 06:06:19 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: December 31, 2012, 10:27:04 pm »

I'll be waiting to see you in the "How did you last die" thread, with the nature of Nethack.

Just bought Promethean Vision, let's see what it does.
I can see you..
BRAAATATTTA!
Can't hide from me!
Stuck!
Just leaving them with holes all over. It feels great.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 31, 2012, 11:43:25 pm »

No point spoilering this since I'm not going to reveal any spoilers. I just beat Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and got the Light Side ending. It took me close to twenty-six hours over three or four days, but I did it.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 01, 2013, 04:00:18 am »

An update on Pendrake's dungeon crawling:

I've gotten as deep into the dungeon as I've ever been. I went ahead and used that wand's 2 remaining wishes to wish for a pair of blessed scrolls of recharging and silver dragon scale mail. After recharging it I wished for rustproof gloves of power and fireproof boots of speed, I may or may not have a wish left, I can't recall what I used the last wish on anyway.

I believe I'm on Floor 12, or so. Pendrake is level 12, and has at this point slain countless trolls, rock trolls, giants, stone giants, ice giants, and many many dragons and orcs. I keep running into opulent throne rooms filled with monsters, the latest being 8 dragons and a bunch of trolls armed with various weaponry. Speaking of dragons, I lost Applejack shortly into the first dragon encounter due to a breath attack. It's amazing the advantage the jousting ability gives the knight, and it's rough fighting huge numbers of trolls and dragons without it. I've also encountered some cockatrices, but no threat of stoning yet.

ATM, trying to level up and reach the next rank before going back to do the class quest. Arthur says "we need more than just a sergeant, derp derp" so I guess I'm in for more trolling-dragon-slaying adventures. I need to take a breather and sort through all the junk I picked up, too.

I'd kill for a dragon egg to hatch so I could get a sweet new mount. maybe I should wish for it...I got the wand, and a smoky potion that could be quaffed into a djinni for potential wishes.

I think the *owning* is the fact I was able to take on so many beasts on my own and survive. Beasties just kept coming. That scale mail saved my arse from dragon breath and wand blasts countless times.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 01, 2013, 04:29:31 am »

I drink from a fountain and release a water demon. It grants me a wish. I then go downstairs to see an oil lamp a few tiles away. I pick it up, rub it, and a djinni pops out and grants me a wish. It's not really ownage, but damn, I've never had such good luck. I only hope a gnome with a wand of death doesn't discover me.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 01, 2013, 04:51:54 am »

I drink from a fountain and release a water demon. It grants me a wish. I then go downstairs to see an oil lamp a few tiles away. I pick it up, rub it, and a djinni pops out and grants me a wish. It's not really ownage, but damn, I've never had such good luck. I only hope a gnome with a wand of death doesn't discover me.
I remember having a wand of wishing on the first floor before in Nethack.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 709