Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292565 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2265 on: March 11, 2014, 08:39:36 am »

After having all the residents of my hotel brutally murdered a few times, I decided to get serious about the safety of my tenants.
I worked slowly, ensuring that everyone was happy and healthy. I have a couple of wolf-people living in the first apartment, and along with their abyssal neighbours they're ready to bring the pain to any trespassers, usually surrounding them as the other residents attack them front-on.
Speaking of other residents, I have a couple of low-level demon casters, and a young family of succubi to attack from range, along with some weird giant snail thing that lives between them. On the bottom floor there's a family of stupid weird yellow imp creatures, who I generally use as cannon fodder- but more keep moving in whenever one dies. They're horny little buggers.

The skeleton on the top floor rounds out the group. Overall we manage to get by- I've expanded the motel once, and hopefully money will start rolling in more quickly as we can lure in and kill adventurers with ever greater efficiency.
Err, I mean, defend our homes against ruthless, violent burglars, that is. >.>

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: March 11, 2014, 11:37:45 pm »

Just fought Diablo for the first time with my Barbarian. I had been lvl 60 since the middle of act 3, and had some hand-me-down gear from my first lvl 60, which allowed me to pump the difficulty up to Torment1. Most notably was an int legendary sword, with a 19 reduced level requirement. By the time I had reached the final boss, it had long since been apparent that my DPS was rather low. Lack of good weapon drops left me with the aforementioned sword and a rare shield, but I was tanky to the point of near immortality. I could literally stand still and do nothing and very few enemies (even champions or elites) were even capable of killing me. Diablo was no exception. Cue a few minutes of wailing on him and finishing without ever dipping below 70% health (lightning breath, just to see how much it would hurt). I got a nice legendary sword out of it, which was good enough to replace my old one, but not enough to forego the shield. Perhaps Torment2 will provide some actual threat.

Diablo 3

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2267 on: March 12, 2014, 12:34:24 am »

Last Owning was Real life, I finally got my new modded skyrim working, after hours of the load order and wrong versions and things.
Last in game I think was playing pudge in Dota 2. went 15/1/10, and I got the one death after around ten of those kills.

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: March 12, 2014, 11:45:11 pm »

my best own ever

we start the game, our top laner, playing trynd, lags out and doesn't come back for the rest of the game. I'm mid playing trist and our jungle decides that he will go top to take trynd's place. I'm against fizz and i proceed to 3-0 him in the first 6 minutes. I then proceed to go top and decimate both of them and their towers. It's pretty much downhill from there. I end up going 17-1 (the one being to me getting sloppy and split pushing to far in)and nearly getting a pentakill if the jungler hadn't stole the last one. best match I've ever played and it cemented that i'm using doran's ring to start with on trist from now on.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: March 13, 2014, 04:01:46 pm »

Phew. Finally beat A Link Between Worlds, 100%*, on Hero Mode, with zero defeats. Surprisingly, finding enough Streetpass foes was more challenging than beating them in the various weird ways required.

* Ignoring the 999.99 second Endless reward, because I don't want to spend 16+ minutes flawlessly dodging Cuccos.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: March 13, 2014, 07:15:45 pm »

Took a probe for a joyride and made a near pass of the sun, which was worth enough science to upgrade again. ^_^

KSP

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: March 13, 2014, 07:39:21 pm »

Won the first tournament I ever joined.

(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: March 14, 2014, 09:51:33 am »

Won the first tournament I ever joined.

I'm a green belt, and even though I can do really long streaks on normal multiplayer, I've never won a tournament. :(

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: March 14, 2014, 11:19:16 pm »

I walked home drunk without doing anything stupid beyond stumbling a bit too much into the grass. Also didn't put my thang anywhere it shouldn't be, as well as being able to type without making too many mistakes! Didn't quite fix issues with the people I was drinking with, but ah well! I... won't be around to fix it later which is bothersome, but I know the people know I have no great issues with them with it, beyond timing (I won't see them for months, many, many months after tonight)

Being drunk is also awesome! until the inevitable brain stabbing. And presumable inattention to detail at some point which I don't care about right now. Pfft to neurosis.

RL owning is good.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: March 15, 2014, 12:31:22 am »

Why are people using this to say "i did something mostly easy to do and common IRL! LOL OWNAGE!!!"? It's in other games for a reason.

Anyway, I managed to kill my friend from about two or three kilometers away with an AK-107 in ArmA 2. My longest shot yet!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: March 15, 2014, 08:30:10 am »

But life is another game, man. You get your fetch quests and trading and boss battles and mooks and other game analogues too.

I was also still drunk when I posted that and surfing a rare wave of euphoria, so I was all yeah.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: March 15, 2014, 10:25:22 am »

Welp, I'm outside the DMC, shooting the guards, when I decide to head inside for a burger and maybe a new eye. Suddenly, it turns out that apparently the game knows if you've been killing guards, and stops you. "OK, I'll just head back to the ATN and live there for a while." I start walking. Next turn. 5 DMC Guards appear and attack me. I survive without a single injury. Just surviving is ownage in it's own right.

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: March 15, 2014, 11:01:54 am »

Declined a duel via a lightning bolt to the guy's throat, decapitated a cheap Sephiroth wannabe with a sword made of MOON SPARKLE MAGIC, became Queen, then presided over a lesbian wedding. All in all, a good run.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: March 15, 2014, 12:47:26 pm »

Declined a duel via a lightning bolt to the guy's throat, decapitated a cheap Sephiroth wannabe with a sword made of MOON SPARKLE MAGIC, became Queen, then presided over a lesbian wedding. All in all, a good run.

I like how of all the awesome in that post, the thing that got my attention the most was the wedding. My brain really knows its priorities.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: March 15, 2014, 11:26:56 pm »

Playing on Guadacanal as a US BAR-gunner. Knee mortars took out everyone 'cept me and a rifleman, japs come banzai-ing over the bunker, I frantically pump lead in to them-desperate to keep them back-when I hear *click-click*. SHIT, out of ammo! My first thought is to reload, but midway (that IS a WWII pun!) through one last jap banzais me and rifle-toting todd to me right, I look over as the jap brutally rips in to the rifleman, he turns towards me, and in desperation I pull my colt and put 2 shots in to his heart.

6 kills there, a grenade takes me out.

I respawn and sprint back to the front, by virtue of luck I am not seen and manage to jump in to a trench directly adjacent to the japanese attackers. After brutally exploding the head of one soldier, I kneel and turn, spraying and praying that my bullets will halt the advance. Again, after firing my whole clip, I don't have time to reload, I quickly switch to my colt and dispatch some japanese  charging over an abandoned bunker.

Another 6 kills there, it was only when I had repelled the first wave when a rogue jap ended my spree by executing me point blank with his nambu.

RO2: Rising Storm
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 709