Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289490 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3240 on: September 26, 2014, 08:33:46 pm »

Started with Charm Monster.

Proceed to enslave my way down 16 levels of the dungeon until a random Bag of Tricks grab killed me.

Along the way, I got 2 horses, 2 cats, a succubus, a homunculus, two tengu, a water moccasin, and something else.

Hell yeah.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: September 26, 2014, 09:45:58 pm »

Black card: Make a haiku.

I play:
(blank card) I hate this black card
(blank card) It is super annoying
(blank card) Waste of three blank cards

Needless to say, I got the point.

(Cards Against Humanity)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: September 27, 2014, 05:10:08 am »

Black card: Make a haiku.

I play:
(blank card) I hate this black card
(blank card) It is super annoying
(blank card) Waste of three blank cards

Needless to say, I got the point.

(Cards Against Humanity)

Were you playing with people who wanted an *actual* 5-7-5 haiku? Because that is not how that card is meant to work. You just want three cards that tell a story, and sound somewhat inscrutable.

F'rexample:
Hulk Hogan
Licking things to claim them as your onw
God

or

Heartwarming orphans
Soup that is too hot
The KKK
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Tjoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: September 27, 2014, 02:12:08 pm »

I finally slew lord Dredmor. I never even survived all the way to him before! It was always some lucky crit from an enemy or a trap that killed me on my previous tries.

Egyptian magic is a glorious gamebreaker against almost all common enemies, assuming you can keep the sigils up at all times. Battle geology breaks all the bosses and Artful dodger coupled with Dual wielding prevents most monsters from even landing a hit on you.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: September 27, 2014, 05:23:49 pm »

Were you playing with people who wanted an *actual* 5-7-5 haiku? Because that is not how that card is meant to work. You just want three cards that tell a story, and sound somewhat inscrutable.
Nope! The Card Czar declared unending hatred for that card, everyone else did that thing you said, and I just wanted to win with style.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: September 27, 2014, 05:39:07 pm »

Nope! The Card Czar declared unending hatred for that card, everyone else did that thing you said, and I just wanted to win with style.

This, you always play to the Card Czar, not to the paper rules.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: September 27, 2014, 09:55:01 pm »

Telefragged a Vore, totally on accident. The telefragging rules are a bit different in Quake I guess, since in another game the Vore would have telefragged me in that instance.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3247 on: September 27, 2014, 11:45:26 pm »

Telefragged a Vore, totally on accident. The telefragging rules are a bit different in Quake I guess, since in another game the Vore would have telefragged me in that instance.
I take it they spawned, not teleported, in your position, and had the unfortunate side-effect of turning/exploding to mush? You're right, under normal circumstances, you'd be dead on receiving that instead; but I guess spawn rules operate differently from teleportation rules? Interesting...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 11:59:01 pm by Itnetlolor »

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: September 28, 2014, 12:29:21 am »

I finally slew lord Dredmor. I never even survived all the way to him before! It was always some lucky crit from an enemy or a trap that killed me on my previous tries.

Egyptian magic is a glorious gamebreaker against almost all common enemies, assuming you can keep the sigils up at all times. Battle geology breaks all the bosses and Artful dodger coupled with Dual wielding prevents most monsters from even landing a hit on you.

Egyptian Magic is a total gamebreaker if you specialize in it, yep. Walk into a zoo, cast Sandstorm twice, move in to mop up the couple of survivors. A pity it does literally nothing to Dredmor himself.  >:(

On a similar-sounding note, I successfully slew the Dremargor on Impossible difficulty. It turns out, Ancient Liches supported by Elven Sharpshooters is kind of a ridiculous combination, especially when every unit in your army is invisible. My ~250 damage Bowmaster didn't even get a shot off before the final boss fell. A secondary win was losing zero units (ignoring Druid and Beastmaster summons) during the Dremor world invasion. Sadly, I didn't have the foresight to bring Settlers into the Dremor world before ending the game - colonizing their dimension would've been a fittingly humiliating revenge for the last ~150 turns of them moving into our world.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: September 28, 2014, 02:11:09 am »

I take it they spawned, not teleported, in your position, and had the unfortunate side-effect of turning/exploding to mush? You're right, under normal circumstances, you'd be dead on receiving that instead; but I guess spawn rules operate differently from teleportation rules? Interesting...

Nope, it teleported into me. It spawns in a room with a switch that activates a teleporter, and that teleporter takes the occupant to the place where I had been standing. I'm guessing that that means NPCs can never telefrag players; it wouldn't be the first time rules have changed between single-player and multiplayer in an id Software game.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 02:13:51 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: September 28, 2014, 10:45:09 am »

I'm going to assume that mobs can't telefrag the player considering
Spoiler: maybe a big spoiler (click to show/hide)

Got a probe around Minmus, and brought it back. Came back to Kerbin on the sunny side. However, before I hit the atmosphere, I noticed that the battery had run out, the solar panels were on top, and I was pointed straight down and going about 3000m/s at 150km above. I couldn't even deploy the parachutes.

Luck was with me, though, as the the probe's center of gravity was towards the bottom, causing the probe to flip over into the sunlight. I promptly fired the 'chutes, and tried to slow down enough to land. Unfortunately, I landed near a river canyon, causing me to tumble about, losing the engines(which still somehow had plenty of fuel), but I still managed to save the core and the large amount of Science it carried. Not bad for something I didn't even really intend to send to Minmus.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3251 on: September 28, 2014, 09:32:50 pm »

Managed to get a lucky strike in within 10 seconds of round start, winning the match, and beating the creator's time. Mod: Crash Down (Recently released in Workshop).

Basically, Crash Down is a no-weapons (except personal shield) ram-fest. Or simply, it's just how I thought the traditional battles between bladeships in my sketchpad would go (They have guns, but their honor-matches (especially between elites and royalty as gentlemanly duels; sans guns. Even in war, wing commanders duel each other this way (commander vs. commander), while a furball is going on in the skies. Usually ends in a draw; with many gashes on the ships, or no ship left on both sides.) is a melee in the air, with their ships (shaped after bladed weapons like swords and sais)); except minus using shields as weapons, and being bounced across the map on contact if both defended (or collisions minus shields; no damage caused when it happens). However, full-contact-dogfighting and ace timing and aiming is all there. It's pretty fun doing a no-gun kill, with a rocket.

ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 10:20:03 pm by Itnetlolor »

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: September 30, 2014, 06:48:38 pm »

New game and started in Falkreath. Before I even got to the road I spotted Thalmor patrol moving in front of me so I followed it for easy loot. They move near a road and get attacked by Stormcloak patrol, I decide that this will take a while and sit down for a lunch (apple, slice of cheese and wine) while they shout racistic slurs at each other. Finally last two nords manage to kill Frost Atronach elves had summoned and kill two armored justicars and move on to their leader who's used last of his magicka. I sit on the side of the road and watch how he backs down slicing them with dagger and actually manages to kill them both, leaving him the sole survivor of the battle.
While walking away he stops at one of his dead comrades body and says something along the lines of "Your death will be avenged!", and then I put crossbow bolt to his back.
I think I'll go for Boethia this time.

Tl;Dr: Nord VS Altmer fight, Dunmer wins.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: September 30, 2014, 06:52:01 pm »

Does that happen normally?  Because that's badass but I don't remember anything like that happening in my game.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: September 30, 2014, 07:20:21 pm »

That's pretty usual for my games, Immersive Patrols adds patrols from all factions on the roads and forest trails, fighting whenever they meet enemies. ASIS adds spell and potion usage (and random number of enemies)  to encounters, so one patrol can have up to seven members using any spells they can get at their levels at once (spreading fire, anyone?), SSS removes scaling (mostly) so that most enemies have mid-to-high level gear (including crossbows) on them and giving some nice loot for early game.
I did score two full sets of Thalmor armor and weapons, staffs, scrolls, potions, food, warm fur armor, cloaks and hoods (needed with FrostFall) on the first day, so yeah, that's damn nice start.

Spoiler: Thalmor Armor (click to show/hide)
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 709